PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions of Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Delphar7
05-07-2003, 09:33 AM
An amazing fun happy good time with this game. I hunted for the store that was actually going to release it _on_ May 6th. Went home and had my fun.

We all know how much this game actually kicks! Although making people buy xBoxLive just to play Versus mode is kinda cheap, Or slick depending what side of the XBL Marketing team your on. . .

I've only played four or five levels and say it's great... Somewhat tough, really tough to find all the secrets. I imagine I'm just missing the clues. . .

I do recomend it to everyone, and I read in another XBA forum it's Halo2 Filler. . . Not quite, it's a fantastic game that should be placed on the pedastal next to Halo. (truthfully anygame coming out between now and Halo2 is filler for alot of people)

Toodles

studepaber
05-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Hrmmmmm just got the game and can't find a room without lag :( Maybe I haven't tried enough rooms I donno. From what I''ve played it's no Halo (I also have an early version of the Xbox console and the dammn game keeps freezing when it loads) but maybe I need to give it more of a chance.

CharlieHustle
05-07-2003, 08:51 PM
I only played it for only 20-30 minutes. Before motion sickness started to settle in, mainly because i was tired from work. I cant find anything to complain about it yet. I also checked out the online part and i viewed it from the observation mode or whatever you call it cuz i just didnt want to jump in. and it was tight as hell. it was the raid on normandy beach map. it was pretty tight.

RudedogX
05-08-2003, 09:45 AM
I absolutely love this game! I wasn't sure if I would after how much I hated UC, but damn this game is all it could have been and more! Also, with Live this game just blows everything else outta the water! :yikes:

Delphar7
05-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Noticed slight Lag in the display but only when running full tilt through rooms to get back to the beginning to hunt for secrets. I'm still missing a few on some levels.

I heard (a rumour?) they also have included a complete version of the first Wolf3D on the disc somewhere? Anyone find it? <or should I actually hunt through all the menus which I haven't yet?>

So i guess xBoxLive is the way to go hey? Alright then... I was putting it off until I could guarantee getting HALO2 within the first "free" year... Now that I am anxious to play Wolfie online. . .

del
^---- 'bout time I got Live. . .