PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Made In Mexico

fanboy
12-05-2001, 02:23 PM
Just got my XBOX today, and it has a label on it which says console made in mexico and controller made in malaysia. Is this true I thought the XBOX was made right here in the United States.

mattcoxonline
12-05-2001, 02:25 PM
Well it mite be that Seperate parts are made in different places and then brought to USA and assembled - but I dunno for sure!

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 02:48 PM
No, of course they arent being made in the US, it would cost too much and the US has some silly laws MS can aviod by going to other places. The Xbox conxole is being made in Mexico and Hungary for US distrubution while the controller is being made in Malaysia

Plewis
12-05-2001, 04:56 PM
Yeah, my friend told me they are made in Mexico because they have to pay them like very little money.

Dr_Gonzo
12-05-2001, 07:29 PM
xbox is built in Guadaljara,Mexico the silcon valley of Mexico in the flextronics plant. My mom is going to take me for a tour next time she goes probably early next year. Im going to try to sneak my camera but from what my mom says the security is tighter than the pentagon. They're taking every precaution against spies. I just hope she will be able to get me in. Crossing my fingers.:D