PDA

View Full Version : The Sims Bustin' Out on Consoles Again

Brevity
05-08-2003, 09:02 AM
The Sims Bustin' Out on Consoles Again
EA Announces Plans for The Sims Bustin' Out on All Current-Generation Console Systems

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--May 8, 2003--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) today announced that The Sims(TM) Bustin' Out is in development for the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft, and the Nintendo GameCube(TM). The Sims is making a big return to consoles with The Sims Bustin' Out. For the first time, Sims console players will have the ability to get their Sims out of the house and into all-new locations to play, work, and meet a cast of outrageous new characters. The Sims Bustin' Out PlayStation 2 console version will be unveiled to industry insiders on May 13th at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition in Los Angeles. The game is scheduled to be released simultaneously on all current-generation console platforms in early 2004.
"We're giving our fans what they've been asking for, the excitement of getting out of the house to explore new locations, meet wild new characters, and experience new storylines," said Sinjin Bain, Vice President and Executive Producer of the game at EA's Maxis(TM) studio. "The Sims Bustin' Out has ten times more replay value than the first Sims console game."
The Sims Bustin' Out features an all-new neighborhood with over a dozen new unlockable locations and a cast of over 40 new zany characters to socialize with. Players will purchase a car or scooter in order to get out of the house and head to the Gym to work out with exercise fanatic Goldie Toane or to Club Rubb to rave with club owner Bing Bling. Players will be able to crash parties, create havoc, or just drive their neighbors crazy!
Sims console players will be able to unlock and collect 80 new social moves like "Towel Snap" and "Moonwalk Dancing" that will add to the distinct character of a Sim. Players can unlock hundreds of new objects such as a Climbing Wall and a High Dive to test their skills outside the house.
Players can choose from ten new careers including Mobster, Athlete, Mad Scientist, and Fashion Victim. Depending on what career track you choose there are now a variety of different ways to win the game. Players will have the ability to go back and forth through different careers and levels to unlock objects and locations. Players can play with or against friends in two-player mode, which is available throughout the entire game. The Sims Bustin' Out also features level-based gameplay.
Like never before, Sims characters on the console will have distinct and noticeable personality that will affect gameplay. For example, a shy Sim will do a timid dance at the dance club, but an outgoing Sim will be rocking around the dance floor, showing off their moves.
The new controller-base game interface makes manipulating the Sims through the triumphs and tribulations of their daily lives both easy and amusing. All console versions will have memory card support so players can take their Sims over to a friend's house.
www.gamespydaily.com

frog11983
05-08-2003, 10:17 AM
hey man you've been making some great posts lately... thanks for all the info you've collected! :cheers:

Knight
05-08-2003, 10:23 AM
I bet you EA will be announcing a new add-on For the The Sims1 soon, there milking it so hard.

CarGuy
05-08-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm really getting tired of all the stupid add ons to this game. They need to revolutionize gameplay some how or all these stupid expanisons are going to start getting bad reviews.

Knight
05-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Your not going to get a revolutionize gameplay from EA.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-08-2003, 11:47 AM
here we go with some more EA ports. I hate the Sims expansions. "Now you can play someone playing the sims!!!!" Joy!!! I've always wanted tomplay the sims while playing the sims while playing the sims while playing the sims...

Brevity
05-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by frog11983
hey man you've been making some great posts lately... thanks for all the info you've collected! :cheers:
Thanks that means alot man. But its really just that great time of the year when all kinds of new info is leaked and released to the world. If you want some real news though,,,,Well I would have to say visit here. www.thedirtydozenclan.com. I put all the N-fo I can find up there FIRST and FAST. Its old news kinda by the time it gets here. lol But here there are certain restrictions like only five pics to a post, so I am limited. There the sky is the limit so I post an ass load of the newest greatest screens. Also I am under contract to post there first on leave it for a time, if I break that then they will take away the new Honda they gave me for moding there. :p NE way thanks again and I hope you will stop by (ANOTHER) great site the DDC.:cheers:

Brevity
05-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Your not going to get a revolutionize gameplay from EA.
Have either of you seen screens or read of Sims 2? It is to be very dif. according to what I have read.

Variation-XBA
05-08-2003, 02:07 PM
God save us all from this Sim madness.... :mad:

frog11983
05-08-2003, 07:38 PM
righty-o, i'll start checking the dirtydozen site more often now