PDA

View Full Version : I Picked up Enter the Matrix for Xbox Early!

TheDarkwolf
05-09-2003, 02:52 AM
I went to Toys R Us on Wednesday and found they accidently put Enter the Matrix on the shelves early. I picked it up and so far its pretty awesome. Turns out they weren't allowed to put them out and the next day they took all the copies off the shelves and are being fined for every copy they sold. If you have any questions on the game let me know...

Reclaimer
05-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by TheDarkwolf
I went to Toys R Us on Wednesday and found they accidently put Enter the Matrix on the shelves early. I picked it up and so far its pretty awesome. Turns out they weren't allowed to put them out and the next day they took all the copies off the shelves and are being fined for every copy they sold. If you have any questions on the game let me know...

Umm.. Well... How is the game? Would you care to eloborate on the game there?

Kortiz
05-09-2003, 03:19 AM
if you are telling the truth, you should put that game up on ebay for 100 bucks or something.......im sure someone would buy it. you could just buy another copy the day it comes out. get 50bucks in the whole ordeal and buy another game?

hell EB has a lot of games on sale for 10 bucks......there is 3 or 4 games right there.

echohype
05-09-2003, 03:20 AM
got any household/personal taken pictures to show us?

I'm having a hard time believing this :)

Rochey69r
05-09-2003, 05:38 AM
and he knows that toys r us are being fined how?

his dad's, friends, cousin works there?

hmm :watchout:

John002
05-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Tell us about the game. Does it live up to the hype? Is it a must have?
:cheers:

echohype
05-09-2003, 06:35 AM
this guy is a hoax in my opinion :D

Brevity
05-09-2003, 07:04 AM
wow, can you scan the back of the box for me. I want to know all about if they were able to make it 780p. Plus it would prove you had it, thanks.:cheers:

RudedogX
05-09-2003, 07:51 AM
I've gotta hear more info on the game from this guy. I don't doubt Toys r Us was stupid enough to do this, but I still want more info...what's the game like? Is it worth it?

Viper87227
05-09-2003, 10:55 AM
My #1 motto....never trust a n00b :D

Variation-XBA
05-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Least this wont get as bad as the person who said they had RAW early (wont mention names) ;)

Xtopia
05-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Dude! Toys R Us is getting crazy! Because they made ANOTHER mistake! They put Halo 2 on the shelves yesterday. I bought it. IT IS SWEET! Halo 2 is a must have, IMO...;)

Viper87227
05-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Dude! Toys R Us is getting crazy! Because they made ANOTHER mistake! They put Halo 2 on the shelves yesterday. I bought it. IT IS SWEET! Halo 2 is a must have, IMO...;)

Really oh your soo lucky i want that game so bad it just looks so cool. I will buy it off you for One Meeelion Dollars. Muhahahaha Muhahaha Muhahaa Muhaha Muhaha Muhaha Muh Muh Muha Muh :D

TheDarkwolf
05-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Well the reason I know they are being fined is I told a friend at work they had the game. He went to pick it up on Thursday and they didn't have any copies out so he asked them if they had it in stock. They told him they had them but were not allowed to sell them and he said he had a friend who picked it up and they told him they were being fined for the copies they sold early. I'd sell it on E-bay since I have a preordered copy coming, but I doubt anyone would notice my copy versus everybody else selling the game as a preorder. Tonight I will post a couple pics from my friends digital camera if ya don't believe me. I swear on my balls I have this game right now. Now on to details of the game. Does it live up to the hype? Yes and no...I mean **** its the Matrix it has a lot to live up to. I would say it is a must buy if you are a matrix fan. It is definately one of the best movie liscensed games out there. It has exclusive movies shot for the game, it has dolby digital, and yes it supports HDTV 1080i. The focus is similar to bullet time in max payne although it is better since you also have hand to hand combat. You can use the focus moves by holding down the left trigger and a focus meter depletes, although luckily once you use up the focus meter it fills right back up in maybe 10 seconds. You can use focus to run on the side of walls, jump off of walls to do backflips, jump long distances, during combat etc. My only gripes about the games are that the hand to hand combat is pretty simple. It pretty much just consists of punches, kicks, throws, and disarm moves with a few combos. Also I don't like the fact that you can't control the camera at all other then being able to switch to first person mode. The camera automatically is set behind you unless you are fighting hand to hand combat it goes to a side view. Despite the fact you cant control the camera it never hinders your view or the gameplay so it really isnt much of a problem. The character models in the game are amazing as you have probably seen in the screenshots. All of the characters are very likelike, but the backgrounds in the game are a little bland in my opinion. The story in the game is great with lots of in game movies and rendered cutscenes. In order to unlock special features you go into a hack option in the game where it is like being in dos like NEO at the beginning of the first matrix and trying to hack into the game to unlock secrets. I could tell you some of the secrets I have unlocked so far, but then I would be spoiling it for ya :). So far I am only on the 2nd area. Each area is broken up into a number of stages. So I take it the game does have some length to it as I have only played 3-4 hours. Playing as Niobe there are stages where you get to drive a car during a chase scene and from the game manual it also reads you fly the Legolas (I havent gotten that far yet). As ghost during the chase scene you shoot at anyone trying to run Niobe off the road from the passenger seat. So far I would give the game an 8.5-9. If you guys have anymore questions let me know...

nfgmann4eva
05-09-2003, 02:47 PM
unless u have proff i don't believe u(give me a visual).:eek::o

Viper87227
05-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by nfgmann4eva
unless u have proff i don't believe u(give me a visual).:eek::o

agreed...i dont believe a word till i see your pics of it tonight

TheDarkwolf
05-09-2003, 02:49 PM
I cant give you a visual till I go to my friends house later tonight he has a digital camera I dont. It will be posted by tomorrow morning. Ill take some shots of the game on the tv too...

Warning
****************Spoiler below

(Maybe I'll even take a pic of the multiplayer mode)....

TheDarkwolf
05-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Don't believe me...I'm gonna go back to playing matrix right now..and when you see the pics posted on here tomorrow you will eat your words.

Viper87227
05-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Don't believe me...I'm gonna go back to playing matrix right now..and when you see the pics posted on here tomorrow you will eat your words.

what do words taste like? I bet there real yummy :cheers:

AloneInTheDark
05-09-2003, 02:55 PM
there is a multiplayer mode? Anyways, I wont belive you till you post it.

Rochey69r
05-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Hmmm, the clock is ticking and i dont see any pics. Hey how about instead of just photoshopping the cover printing it out and sticking it in a green DVD case, lets see pics of

- The box close up front, spine, back

- the cd closeup of course

- your tv playing several diff spots in the game.

that will prove that u arnt pulling our legs.

shrew king
05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Call me crazy, but he just might be telling the truth. I am not excited about this game so either way I don't care.

Shadow20002
05-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Anyway, i don't mind if you can get it first, i will get it for like 5 bucks...brand new. ;)

Liquid Gears
05-10-2003, 12:19 AM
That game looks pretty awesome, I can't wait to try it out

John002
05-10-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Great. I'll pick up Halo 2 when I'm finished playing Fable.
:watchout:

John002
05-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
Call me crazy, but he just might be telling the truth. I am not excited about this game so either way I don't care.
He may be telling the truth. Let's hope so. Why would anyone bother to type all that info about a game in a forum, if it was just bull*hit?:confused:

Viper87227
05-10-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by John002

He may be telling the truth. Let's hope so. Why would anyone bother to type all that info about a game in a forum, if it was just bull*hit?:confused:

Thats easy to answer. He is a n00b looking to build up a reputation. MY guess is he thinks that if the other members think he got a very hyped game early, we will look up to him and go to him for questoins about the game. Well uh he got a rep. all right... but i doubt its the one he wanted :argue1:

xboxthug13b
05-10-2003, 08:09 AM
i beleive him

Frink
05-10-2003, 08:30 AM
I don't know if I believe him or not. He could be like our friend....wow I can't even remeber his name. I know some of the older members will remember him, he came in and told us all he had a beta of Raw? He told us huge forum posts about the features and how great it was, he even showed us some exclusive new images. Come to find out, none of those features were in Raw. He made it all up and faked the images, who says that can't happen again?

Though, through news reports I have read that a version of Enter the Matrix was leaked onto the internet, so he may be playing that. I'm not sure about the Toys R' Us part, that seems illogical, but it is possible he's playing a leaked copy.

Casper
05-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Well, being that you can play the Japanese version of Soul Calibur 2 on the XBox...I woulnd't put it past him that he got the Matrix already...but I higjhly doubt he bought it.

Arrakis44
05-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Buying the matrix is reasonable, as it comes out pretty soon anyway! But i dont believe its possible to buy Halo 2 yet, the game isnt even finished!!

Casper
05-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Arrakis44
Buying the matrix is reasonable, as it comes out pretty soon anyway! But i dont believe its possible to buy Halo 2 yet, the game isnt even finished!!

Psst...he was being sarcastic about Halo2

Arrakis44
05-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Sarcasm dosnt work well when its text! But i accept that i am a compete fool!

Casper
05-10-2003, 09:38 AM

No, it doesn't...but you have to be here for a little while to understand the guys around here..like him :D

X-Fan
05-10-2003, 10:52 AM
i believe this guy 100 % because stuff like this happens.

No Fear 23
05-10-2003, 11:53 AM
well, where are the pics?

Yankeez
05-10-2003, 11:54 AM
well i believe him u guys get so jealous when someone gets a game early that u deny the possiblitlity of getting it early its pretty pathetic i see this in all threads when someones gets a game before u

Brevity
05-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Some times its hard to believe stuff like this, but I myself have been in the same spot. Our local Walmart has many times put stuff out WAY early, I bought it along with friends and then they pulled it. It DOES happen, that said. YOU got to post some pics still, I would expect everyone to ask the same of me and I have a so so rep here. lol:p

Brevity
05-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Please check the thread "sigs for noobs" in the offtopic area. I gots somtin for ya. Dune fan.:cheers:

TheDarkwolf
05-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm still waiting for my friend to e-mail the pics he took with his digital camera but I was able to scan the box for you guys....you guys sure are skeptical about a guy getting a game early...its not even worth the trouble...and Viper about being a noob trying to earn a "Rep" I have been a member longer than you since march of 2002....I never bother posting......I work full time...and go to college full time I have better things to do then try to build a "rep" on an x-box website.......Why don't you run along little boy and go eat some milk and cookies.

TheDarkwolf
05-10-2003, 03:15 PM
And one more pic of the back of the box attached...if ya still dont believe me I can scan the instruction manual too HAHA

Kraft
05-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, it is obvious you have a camera with decent resolution... so why not take some screenshots with it? Glad you have pictures of the box and all... but that is the LAST thing most of us are concerned about when it comes to new games.

xboxthug13b
05-10-2003, 03:40 PM
cool! how about u holding the game or maybe even playing it!:D

TheDarkwolf
05-10-2003, 03:54 PM
I scanned those images I brought the game to my friends house this morning and he took some pics with his digital camera, but I am still waiting for him to e-mail them to me.

AmpedRider
05-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Do the guys still run all ghey?

CharlieHustle
05-10-2003, 04:56 PM
The picture of the front and the back of the box is nice, but lets be for real, show me a picture of the instruction manual, or better yet, the middle of the instruction manual. At my local EB , they have boxes of the matrix game and i can easily take that home and say that i have it. As far as the gameplay, everything you told me is the exact same thing that xbox.ign.com posted about their first impressions about the game. Im not sayin that i doubt that you have it, but, it just sounds more like a bluff to me. Show us or tell us something that you know that we dont know or have seen already.

Brevity
05-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the shot of the back it was as LYNX said. PROPS to both of you.:cheers:

Viper87227
05-10-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm still waiting for my friend to e-mail the pics he took with his digital camera but I was able to scan the box for you guys....you guys sure are skeptical about a guy getting a game early...its not even worth the trouble...and Viper about being a noob trying to earn a "Rep" I have been a member longer than you since march of 2002....I never bother posting......I work full time...and go to college full time I have better things to do then try to build a "rep" on an x-box website.......Why don't you run along little boy and go eat some milk and cookies.

i like cookies. Eating cookies are better than eating words :D

Diddy
05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
wtf? are u still on that? I believe you man, its just give us some pics of you playing for godsakes, screw the box, no one cares about the box.

And i dont see why all these guys are all bustin your chops for. If you did get a game before it was supposed to go out, so what? Do you all get THAT jealous of people you dont even know?

Koopa
05-10-2003, 09:54 PM
maybe a pic of you actually holding the box would be more convincing....:watchout:

CharlieHustle
05-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Diddy
wtf? are u still on that? I believe you man, its just give us some pics of you playing for godsakes, screw the box, no one cares about the box.

And i dont see why all these guys are all bustin your chops for. If you did get a game before it was supposed to go out, so what? Do you all get THAT jealous of people you dont even know?

Hey Diddy, nobody is jealous if he got the game first, but what we wanna know is really, how is the game. Or is he just pullin our legs. After hearin conflicting reports that this game might suck, or this game is good or descent. My fifty dollars is might be better off on something else. His impressions of this game might sway some of our decisions. If you got the game first, i dont care, or better yet, good for you. But just show me something inside the box. and then tell me how the game is, if it is a buy, or should i reserve something else.

Xbox Owner
05-10-2003, 10:38 PM
I don't fully believe you, I mean, you can get the pictures on a site, and play around with the lighting, but I do believe you to some extent.

I want to see u post pictures of the game on the TV or soemthing..or the disk or something

shrew king
05-11-2003, 12:47 AM
How about you take a picture of it with the box in your left hand hanging on by a string while you balance on a two by four that is balancing on a ball with a picture of Elton John in the background while your TV is on channel six and your cat is on its head? Then I'll believe you! :rolleyes:

chili325
05-11-2003, 09:01 AM
I dont get why everyone has to be so skeptical of everything. He claimed he had the game....I believe him....he showed u pictures....u want new ones. u really think that a person is going to take this much time on an xbox website to play out a hoax? If he is then let him waste his time, I just want to know how it plays but hes wasting his time trying to justify himself to people who will never be satisfied.

y2kash_14
05-11-2003, 08:37 PM
people are so demanding aren't they

Kortiz
05-11-2003, 08:41 PM
i'd be skeptical i mean, a guy claims he got something that shouldnt be possible, you cant believe it until you see it.

the proof he has isnt concrete, i would like to see him playing it on his xbox.

hell they already got it online so you can download it.

so it isnt that big of a deal, just would like to see him prove us wrong....with some real proof.

No Fear 23
05-11-2003, 09:12 PM
i beleive him.:cheers:

shrew king
05-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Was my demand too much to ask? :D

Viper87227
05-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Was my demand too much to ask? :D

not at all. You should also have him eating pizza in a green mowhawk with a pogo stick in the bottem left corner of the picute and the exact date and time of May 15th 2003 5:57 PM. Then he should write all over his face that he has the matrix and have a dog eating the cat doing the handstand...

wow shrew...coming up with a long list of stupid stuff like that is hard...but it makes me feel better :D

En7gMa
05-11-2003, 11:09 PM
My local Blockbuster does stuff like that all the time, they had NBA Street Vol. 2, Zelda, Sims, Ghost Recon and lots more games out atleast 4 days before release date...So its believable that this guy could get this game...

frog11983
05-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Typical human behavior... GAH. Always have to SEE something to believe it. Why are humans so predictible?.... *reflects on the statement for awhile, then realizes a feeling of hunger for some bananas, then has a strange urge to climb a tree...*

canadianboi3
05-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Wow, thats cool. I wonder how many other people got it as well. I can't wait to see screens.

shrew king
05-12-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227

not at all. You should also have him eating pizza in a green mowhawk with a pogo stick in the bottem left corner of the picute and the exact date and time of May 15th 2003 5:57 PM. Then he should write all over his face that he has the matrix and have a dog eating the cat doing the handstand...

wow shrew...coming up with a long list of stupid stuff like that is hard...but it makes me feel better :D

Tis what I do best :huh:

l Maximus l
05-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Geez...Now I'm curious! A copy of the game sitting on a coffee table with suit me just fine :D

bbchs_trash
05-12-2003, 08:26 AM
cough*Fake*cough

Multi-Player Mode?

Nope.

The back of the box clearly says 1 Player in that picture.

You all seemed to have missed that, but if you head over to Gamefaqs, there is a guy that has the game early, and he has pictures of himself, with the disc, playing the game, everything you want... even that little assortment that Shrew wanted...

Dyslexic Chaos
05-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
cough*Fake*cough

Multi-Player Mode?

Nope.

The back of the box clearly says 1 Player in that picture.

You all seemed to have missed that, but if you head over to Gamefaqs, there is a guy that has the game early, and he has pictures of himself, with the disc, playing the game, everything you want... even that little assortment that Shrew wanted...

Good point. Although getting it playing on your TV wouldn't be hard to fake. Take a screenshot, take a pic of your TV, combine the 2, then BAM! instant proof.

TheDarkwolf
05-12-2003, 02:19 PM
The multiplayer is just a bonus they added that is unlockable through the hack option of the game. It is just a 2 player versus mode without the ability for the characters to use focus. That is why it is not listed as 2 players on the back of the game. The multiplayer fighting isn't that great but its still cool that they added it. Trinity, Agent Smith and Morpheus are playable in the multiplayer fighting levels and there are multiple levels including the Dojo and the Subway from the first movie.

TheDarkwolf
05-12-2003, 02:52 PM
My friend is not that reliable with emailing me those pics so I decided I would just scan the manual. Attached is the instructions for driving and flying the Logos.

TheDarkwolf
05-12-2003, 02:53 PM
And here are the general game controls scanned from the manual. If you have any questions on the game let me know.

Diddy
05-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle

Hey Diddy, nobody is jealous if he got the game first, but what we wanna know is really, how is the game. Or is he just pullin our legs. After hearin conflicting reports that this game might suck, or this game is good or descent. My fifty dollars is might be better off on something else. His impressions of this game might sway some of our decisions. If you got the game first, i dont care, or better yet, good for you. But just show me something inside the box. and then tell me how the game is, if it is a buy, or should i reserve something else.

lol i know man, i know im just trying to take the heat off the guy thats all.

TheDarkwolf
05-12-2003, 03:00 PM
As I said if you are a Matrix fan (and you probably are) I would say it is a must buy. Both characters have their own story and while some of the levels may be the same Niobe and Ghost take different paths so there is some variety playing through with both characters. The controls are pretty solid and yes they do look silly running.....but it looks pretty much the same as how they run in the movie and it looks like they just sped up the walking animation. As I said before there are some things I am a little disappointed with for example the backgrounds are a little bland, but the character models are awesome. Another negative is the camera is fixed (except for switching into 1st person for sniping), but it does not hinder the gameplay. It's obviously no Halo or Splinter Cell, but it is a fun game and gives more background to the Matrix characters. At the very least pick up the game at gamestop or EB and try it out you can always return it in 7 days if you dont like it.

CharlieHustle
05-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Aiight dark wolf, you made a believer outta me. You showed me proof and im gonna take your word for it.

l Maximus l
05-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
Aiight dark wolf, you made a believer outta me. You showed me proof and im gonna take your word for it.

Ditto here...that is undeniable proof. That's pretty bad ass, Dark Wolf :cheers:

TheDarkwolf
05-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Ok as promised here is a screenshot from my friends digital camera of the multiplayer mode where you fight in the Dojo....Trinity versus Niobe

TheDarkwolf
05-13-2003, 01:01 PM
And heres a shot of the cd in the box for those who still don't believe I have it...

CrazyCougar
05-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Retailers DO have this game in their hands. They are not to sell it yet! But unfortunately some have and they will pay the $10,000/copy sold to Infogrammes. Infogrammes is happy and upset at the same time.

TheDarkwolf
05-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Ya I heard about the fine....$10,000 fine for every copy they sell. The sad part is I also preordered the game online for cheaper with the free DVD so I will be returning the preordered copy back to the store once I receive it. Haha

Diddy
05-13-2003, 07:51 PM
i just got it for the PC, i think i posted this in another thread but it wasnt as popular as this one so im posting here too. I just play like maybe a quarter of the first level. Im working on some screens, ill try to get em tomorrow and post em. Nevermind how i got the game, i just have it.....

and dark if indeed u DO have the game, whats the first level?

y2kash_14
05-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Diddy

and dark if indeed u DO have the game, whats the first level?

WTF? all those screens weren't enough to convince you???

bbchs_trash
05-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Dark - Sorry for not believing you, my bad. That's pretty damn cool you got it though:)

X-Fan
05-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan
i believe this guy 100 % because stuff like this happens.
Told YA!

J Dub
05-13-2003, 11:23 PM
I was a little late into this topic, but I believed him all along! LOL! Anyways, that's cool you got it early. I'm probably going to have to wait a couple weeks to pick it up because I'm going away 2 days after its release. So there's no point in buying it until I get home.

Bakeman
05-14-2003, 05:29 AM
I just got the game today, I called my local store to see about reserving a copy and he told me they had it in. So I went and got it.

The 2nd level where if you are Niobe you are driving the car, and if you are Ghost you are hanging out the window and shooting the cops. I did that level so much faster as Ghost. When playing it as Niobe I drove around for like 10 minutes lol.

The game rocks! I still haven't checked out the Hacking part yet, which I almost completely forgot about.

TheDarkwolf
05-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Diddy...the first level is the Post office.....and I'm guessing you got a warez version as i heard the PC version leaked on the internet.
And Bakeman if you have any questions on the hacking let me know.

Bakeman
05-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Diddy...the first level is the Post office.....and I'm guessing you got a warez version as i heard the PC version leaked on the internet.
And Bakeman if you have any questions on the hacking let me know.

Cool, I'll be checking out hacking sometime today, so I might have questions later.

CharlieHustle
05-14-2003, 04:53 PM
One of my employees told me today that his roommate had bought the game yesterday. I cant say where he bought it from, but they werent supposed to have it out on the shelves. Anyways he told me that the game is tight as hell, and he is a matrix fan, he got it for the ps2. He said that his only gripe is that the enemies models are not as sharp as he would expect. But he also said that the moves were amazing. I called EB where i reserved mine and they told me that they had it for a week, but they couldnt sell it until the 15th, or they will get fined. And he would lose his job.

Diddy
05-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Thats RIGHT LOL, and yes i DID miss those screens.

FiftyCent
05-14-2003, 06:12 PM
"GULP" ate my words back