PDA

View Full Version : First trailer of MGS3!!!!

Brevity
05-09-2003, 08:09 PM
http://game.mairu.net/movies/SnakeEater.wmv

:D

wweomaniac
05-09-2003, 08:12 PM
nice! He went rambo on everyone's ass. 400 vs 1, and he still managed to get pass and set a whole forest on fire.

tyrant5911
05-09-2003, 08:22 PM
This sucks it looks like it's gonna be a PS2 title

Liquid Gears
05-09-2003, 08:24 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!

Why can't XBox get this game?!? And once again Halo is face to face with one of the best damn games in history.

Halo 2 vs. MGS3: Snake Eater!!

Yeah.......XBox will probably get this game a year after Playstation..........as usual :rolleyes:

I don't know about you guys, but I think Playstation is making an amazing comeback with all these great games they're bring out this year. I don't know you guys...........I think XBox needs more than just Halo 2 to depend on its future.

BTW: Great find Brevity......where'd you find this anyway?

VenoM
05-09-2003, 08:51 PM
im sure the xbox and ps2 versions will be out at the same time this time around....looks like it takes place in South Africa like the first original metal gear(NES) thats my guess....maybe he goes back there for some reason

Liquid Gears
05-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
im sure the xbox and ps2 versions will be out at the same time this time around....looks like it takes place in South Africa like the first original metal gear(NES) thats my guess....maybe he goes back there for some reason

Your right VenoM, I never even thought about that when I first saw that vid. Nice catch

Snoopy7548
05-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
nice! He went rambo on everyone's ass. 400 vs 1, and he still managed to get pass and set a whole forest on fire.

lol where did you see 400 guys? i saw like 10

wweomaniac
05-09-2003, 10:38 PM
i heard from a very respectable website that heard from a ver respectable japanese gaming magazine that this game was going to be exclusive for gamecube. The reliable source being gamerfeed.com a few months back...

VenoM
05-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
i heard from a very respectable website that heard from a ver respectable japanese gaming magazine that this game was going to be exclusive for gamecube. The reliable source being gamerfeed.com a few months back...

different game..this is metal gear solid 3...the GC exclusive is called metal gear solid: twin snakes..its a remake of the ps1's metal gear solid

Viper87227
05-09-2003, 11:08 PM
i went thru like 10 towels while watching that. I cannot wait for this :D

Shadow20002
05-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey...it's coming on Xbox ? Instead of this, how about Splinter Cell 2 ?

Metal Gear Solid 3 VS Splinter Cell 2 ?

Viper87227
05-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Hey...it's coming on Xbox ? Instead of this, how about Splinter Cell 2 ?

Metal Gear Solid 3 VS Splinter Cell 2 ?

I am completly baffeled as to why people compare MGS to SC. There completly different games. The only thing they have in common is there based on stealth. Besides you were missing one of the best stealt games of all, Headnunter (close on the heals of MGS).

If i had to bet MGS3 and SC2 will be even less alike then SC and MGS2:S just becauset here each evolving plots much different from the other.

Liquid Gears
05-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

I am completly baffeled as to why people compare MGS to SC. There completly different games. The only thing they have in common is there based on stealth. Besides you were missing one of the best stealt games of all, Headnunter (close on the heals of MGS).

If i had to bet MGS3 and SC2 will be even less alike then SC and MGS2:S just becauset here each evolving plots much different from the other.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. But if I would have to choose which one was better between MGS3: Snake Eater vs. Splinter Cell 2, I'd got with MGS3 in less than a second.

Splinter Cell has great grafics and the physics they put into it are amazing, but it's way the hell to bloody boring. Now the Metal Gear Solid series has amazing story lines and cinematics which I love. Plus the grafics are just as insane as Splinter Cell's. But SC heads in the direction when you aren't meant to use weapons against guys, the game is based all on stealth. Metal Gear Solid is based on using tons of different weapons, fighting against huge vehicles & bosses.

How can some you compare these two games? I mean common'! Don't be rediculous guys, if you want to compare Splinter Cell to something compare it to actual stealth games. Other games that actually have something in common with SC like STEALTH. Think: "Tenchu" or like Viper87227 said above "Headhunter". If you don't know what stealth is, try looking in that book filled with words & definitions called the DICTIONARY.

Oh yeah and the Metal Gear Solid series beats the hell out of just about ever single video game ever made.

shrew king
05-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Is there a quicktime version of the trailer? Whenever I watch a video clip in windows media player it always just shows me pictures like a slideshow and sound.

Liquid Gears
05-10-2003, 12:14 AM
If it's not working for you, you can check it out here (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=70&object_id=536086&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26genre%3Daction%26object1%3D536086%26object2%3D25039viewer%26paget ype%3Darticle&page_title=E3+2003%3A+Metal+Gear+Solid+3%3A+Snake+Eater), man

Koopa
05-10-2003, 12:26 AM
the trailer kinda gave me the impression of vietnam...not like i was there or anything, but it just felt like a cheesey vietnam war movie. isn't this game supposta be about stealth? maybe its just me, but a fuzzy trailer with mediocre graphics (maybe thats just cuz its low rez, so ill give it the benefit of the doubt and say semi-good graphics) and some shots of snake spraying some bad guys doesn't really excite me...splinter cell 1 looks cooler than this so far, so im guessing splinter cell 2 will be even better...

but then again this is leaked footage without any explanation in a low res trailer being viewed on a computer monitor that has about 2 minutes of in game shots from a game thats probably years off and will probably have lots more features than just running and gunning...i just wish theyd' have showed those features

Liquid Gears
05-10-2003, 12:28 AM
See people like you are just sad.

And no it isn't all based on stealth

Arrakis44
05-10-2003, 09:27 AM
The trailer was pretty cool! Though i was thinking along the same lines as Koopa, MGS and MGS2 were under the curtain of 'Tactical Espionage'. This game seems to have a different feel, but again i accept that this is just a leaked video of a game that is a long way off and dosnt provide much in the way of info!

En7gMa
05-10-2003, 11:13 AM
This game looks really good. Im glad that it isnt about stealth no more, Im not really a big fan of it in the first place.

Corona
05-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Can't wait, can't control myself! MGS3, are you kidding me?

This game in my opinion should be the most Anticipated, lets get over the comparisn of this to any other. The story mode in this game is like no other in it's genre, it can literaly go in any which direction and still be a tight game.

If this comes out on time without all this console wars of dates disapointment, and delay times like every other game i am dying for (dynasty warrior 4, tenchu) i will be more than happy to pay 60 bucks for it!

Snoopy7548
05-10-2003, 02:40 PM
hey dude, where in CT are you from?

xbox genius
05-10-2003, 05:14 PM
the link wont work for me somehow.... do u got differnet formats ??

Corona
05-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
hey dude, where in CT are you from?

NEW HAVEN County

Crazy Joe
05-11-2003, 02:18 PM
i remember hearing a few months back from somewhere that MGS3 was gonna be an Xbox time exclusive just like MGS2: Substance was, can't remember where or if this has changed, just what i remember

VenoM
05-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius
the link wont work for me somehow.... do u got differnet formats ??

update your video card drivers and try upgrading to windows media player 9

Kortiz
05-11-2003, 06:05 PM
liquid gears eats babies

Douchesforfun
05-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Well basically the link wouldnt work. Something about a page error anyways other than that its fine.Baseline

Liquid Gears
05-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
liquid gears eats babies

ok.........:eek:

Why would you say something like that?

sabca
05-12-2003, 09:34 PM
okay, seriously. That games got some kick ass music.

Doesn't look that bad at all, I'd jump at any given chance to play it. MGS seems to be the pride of the Playstation.

But seriously, Snake Eater? Even then that would be fine if he didn't ACTUALLY eat a snake...weird, man.

Douchesforfun
05-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Seriously this isnt working. Do you know any other sites that have the trailor. I want to see it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p32beca39fe8bf5efeece99046c7b3d3a/fc297b56.jpg.orig.jpg

P.S. WHaaaaaaaa:cry: Lols ,Anyways If you find another link PM me and everyone else whos been begging to see it.

Liquid Gears
05-14-2003, 12:14 AM
THERE'S AN 11 MINUTE AND 30 SECOND DEMO PREVIEW AT IGN.COM!!! I can't get to it becuase of the damn IGN Insider log-in. The just posted it on their site!! Can someone get to it and post the link in the XBox Addict threads?! I MUST SEE THIS GAME!!