View Full Version : Pro Race Driver?
05-09-2003, 08:12 PM
So what's up with this Pro Race Driver game? There's only one review done here at XBA for it and IGN has given it a 8.9 review. It must be a wicked racing game, but I haven't heard much on it.
What's up? Do you guys like the game or no? Is it worth buying or is it a rental? Speak up people! Lol
05-15-2003, 09:50 PM
It's not bad at all, Liquid Gears.
I have it on PS2, by all accounts the Xbox version is better for these reasons:
1) Better graphics
2) 14 car fields. Poor old PS2 could only handle 8 cars at once. :p
3) Qualifications. PS2 version doesn't have it, thus forcing you to start at the back of the pack most of the time, which means you have to recklessly barge your way through the field just to get a shot at a podium.
- Lots of excellent racing cars.
- Many real world tracks.
- Car sound effects are mostly excellent.
- Great damage modeling. You can turn your (and the competitor's) cars into junk.
- Hella corny story line and cut scenes. You have to be Ryan McKane and he's a total d1ck. :mad:
- Odd handling physics. The oval physics really suck, it's better on the road courses but still a little flaky.
- AI goes out of its way to take you out sometimes - like it's pre-programmed for certain races.
If you like touring car and sports car racing, there's a lot to like here. I give it a 7/10 (PS2 edition, Xbox may be better).
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.