PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Game of the Year Edition officially announced for Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brevity
05-09-2003, 08:39 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 12, 2003 (Rockville, MD) - Bethesda Softworks® today announced that it will release a Morrowind Game of the Year™ (GotY) edition for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft that will include the original version of its award-winning RPG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind®, along with content from the two Morrowind expansions: Tribunal™ and Bloodmoon™. This new product will allow gamers to continue their existing games of Morrowind and experience the new quests and areas offered by the expansions, while players who have never played the Best RPG of 2002 can experience Morrowind on Xbox for the first time with all of the added content.

Morrowind was the best-selling and most highly acclaimed RPG for Xbox in 2002, earning Game of the Year and Best RPG awards from numerous publications and sites, including Official Xbox Magazine, Gamespot, Team Xbox, and Xbox Evolved.

"This is something the Xbox community has been screaming for…and it's finally coming," said Todd Howard, executive producer for The Elder Scrolls® series. "Players can take their existing characters and continue their adventures in a new product, which is a first for a console game like this."

An epic, open-ended single-player RPG, Morrowind allows you to create and play any kind of character imaginable. You can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on your own to explore strange locations and develop your character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind offers a gameplay experience like no other.

In Tribunal, you journey to the capital city of Morrowind, called Mournhold, to meet the other two god-kings of Morrowind, Almalexia and Sotha Sil. Your journey will lead you to the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil and massive, epic-sized dungeons, where strange and deadly creatures await you, including goblins, lich lords, and the mysterious Fabricants.

Bloodmoon takes you to the frozen Island of Solstheim where you'll experience snow, blizzards, and new creatures, including frost trolls, ice minions, and wolves…just to name a few. You'll have a choice of stories to follow and have the opportunity to defend the colony, take control over how the colony is built up, and eliminate the werewolves. Or, you can decide to join the werewolves and become one of them, opening up a whole new style of gameplay.

"This solution allows us to cater to those who already own Morrowind for Xbox and want new quests, new areas to explore…new things to do and see," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "At the same time, if you've never played Morrowind you have the opportunity to fully experience the original game as well as a wealth of new things to see and do…all in one box."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.p...rview.htm&bg=10

Key Features-

Players can take their existing Morrowind characters and save games and continue their adventures in the Morrowind GotY edition - a first for a console game like this

Adds up to 80 hours of new gameplay and quests for current Morrowind players

Explore the forests, caves, and snow-covered wastelands of the island of Solstheim

Delve into new, epic-sized dungeons and visit the Capital City of Mournhold and the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil

Fight new creatures including bears and wolves, lich lords and goblins, ice minions and spriggans

Direct the construction of a mining colony and face the threat of savage werewolves

Become a werewolf and indulge your thirst for the hunt.
New armor and weapons including Nordic Mail and Ice blades

FAQs-

What is included in the Game of the Year (GotY) edition?
The Morrowind GotY includes the original content of Morrowind plus all of the content from the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. This allows you to take your character to the capital city of Mournhold, to the frozen island of Solstheim, and other locations as part of the content from Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Also added are new creatures, new armor and weapons, and much more. For more information on Bloodmoon or Tribunal, check their game sections.

Does it include everything from the original Morrowind?
Yes.

Does it require the original Morrowind Xbox game to play?
No. Morrowind GotY is a stand-alone game.

If I already own Morrowind, can I use my existing save games/character?
Yes, the Morrowind Game of the Year edition will load your previous Morrowind save games and allow you to experience the new content with an existing character. The new areas of Bloodmoon and Tribunal are designed to be played by any character at any time, whether you are just starting, in the middle, or have already finished the main quest of Morrowind.

Does it include all the quests and other world content from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
Yes, it includes all the quests, items, new areas, and challenge from the two PC expansions. This adds up two between 40 and 80 hours of additional gameplay, depending on how many of the quests you do.

Does it include new features from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
Yes, it includes many new features such as the enemy health bar, difficulty slider, and other interface improvements.

Are there any features not included?
It does not include the journal quest sorting or placing map notes, because they are not console-friendly features.

When will it be available?
Morrowind GotY will be available this Fall.

MerimacHamwich
05-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Sweet. That means the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions are included.

Dal_nar
05-09-2003, 09:03 PM
So Sweet ... I absolutely Love Morrowind =]. This has just made my day =]. This should also give them a chance to fix some of the rather nasty bugs that have been bothering me lately =].

Brevity
05-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Dal_nar
So Sweet ... I absolutely Love Morrowind =]. This has just made my day =]. This should also give them a chance to fix some of the rather nasty bugs that have been bothering me lately =].
Dal see my new post in the off topic area.

echohype
05-09-2003, 09:29 PM
sweet.

I can't wait for this to come out.

I look forward to that whole colony feature thing :)

Brevity
05-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by echohype
sweet.

I can't wait for this to come out.

I look forward to that whole colony feature thing :)
Man if you did not like that sig I can get you another, no prob. If I can help at all let me know!

Shadow20002
05-09-2003, 11:23 PM
How about the price ? Something like around 35 bucks is okay for me...whatever more than that...uhh..:o

MerimacHamwich
05-10-2003, 01:46 AM
I say it deserves a price tag of 50$. Both expansions on the PC cost about half of the full game. So two expansions on one disk should equal a full game pricetag.

Arrakis44
05-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Xcellent, i will definately buy this! I agree with Merimac, two expansions is reasonable at $50, especially the Morrowind expansions!

Kraft
05-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Morrowind:GOTY? What happened to Morrowind Gold! Much cooler title... Anyways I will probably pick this one up, and see how my character fares in the expansions. I have taken to calling my character 'superman' as he is as fast (if not faster) than a speeding bullet and can actually jump over tall buildings now... all without the aid of spells. I bet of there were a train in morrowind he could stop it too...

Brevity
05-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Morrowind:GOTY? What happened to Morrowind Gold! Much cooler title... Anyways I will probably pick this one up, and see how my character fares in the expansions. I have taken to calling my character 'superman' as he is as fast (if not faster) than a speeding bullet and can actually jump over tall buildings now... all without the aid of spells. I bet of there were a train in morrowind he could stop it too...
LOL I hear you on that one, I was making very cool weapons that could make me do all sort of stuff.

Knight
05-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Just so you know Morrowind:GOTY cost $30 for the XBox and the tradein for Morrowind(XBox) is $8.

Liquid Gears
05-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Just so you know Morrowind:GOTY cost $30 for the XBox and the tradein for Morrowind(XBox) is $8.

Yeah man, that's how bad it is :rolleyes:

SPARTAN VI
05-10-2003, 10:24 PM
I hope I didnt delete Morrowind off my HDD... :cry:

ShannonX
05-11-2003, 09:15 AM
hmm, i may have to pick this one up, I never did put many hours into morrowind (maybe 20 - 25), but this sounds like it would be worth it.

Slayer02
05-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Well, none of you listened to me. BOTH expansions are coming to xbox, I told you so. :p Anyways, I will own it all, being a werewolf sucks btw, you have to eat npcs to stay alive (you should have to do the same as a vampire) and if you are in the middle of the woods and you change, well, you're dead. I will be getting PC anyways, I can't wait till fall.

pepitonet
05-11-2003, 09:47 PM
this answer to all of you that were saying that we would never get the expansion on pc

Humanarchy
05-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Finally! I was thinking about buying a new computer just so I could play the Morrowind Expansion packs and Everquest. Thank god, I don't have to now!

Peepers
05-14-2003, 11:28 PM
I read this a few days ago, and I gotta tell you I crapped myself. Then I noticed it's not coming out until fall, remembered Morrowind's delays, and crapped myself again! Those were good pants.

RyoTheWanderer
05-24-2003, 09:06 PM
yep, fall is the month it comes out, so excited.

thrAsher
06-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by RyoTheWanderer
yep, fall is the month it comes out, so excited.

fall is a month now, huh? guess i should keep up on current events.

i'm still ****ed at morrowind. i loved the game until i got to the infamous Dirty Disc Error part of the game. i've tried the 'fixes' that are suggested on Bethesda's forums, but still had the DDE crash my game every half hour to hour.

i'm thinking that w/ all the extras in the expansion packs, more people are going to have similar nasty surprises waiting for them, especially when the block counts start getting up there.

i'll wait a month or two after it comes out to see what people are saying about the GOTY edition before i spend a nickel on it.

frog11983
06-06-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher

fall is a month now, huh? guess i should keep up on current events.

i'm still ****ed at morrowind. i loved the game until i got to the infamous Dirty Disc Error part of the game. i've tried the 'fixes' that are suggested on Bethesda's forums, but still had the DDE crash my game every half hour to hour.

i'm thinking that w/ all the extras in the expansion packs, more people are going to have similar nasty surprises waiting for them, especially when the block counts start getting up there.

i'll wait a month or two after it comes out to see what people are saying about the GOTY edition before i spend a nickel on it.

i agree. those dirty disk errors ruined it for me. before i get this new one, i'm gonna wait.... isn't it going to be discounted from the start?:eek:

X-SHIKAKA-X
06-07-2003, 01:36 AM
3 words: .... "give me NOW"

Douchesforfun
06-11-2003, 12:49 PM
this is the best new i heard all day.... I mean since theyre making it with tribunal and blood moon i might have to reby it thats gonna rock hard.. Any news on when its coming out, a date or anything??

MixMasta
06-11-2003, 03:38 PM
ITs gonna be 30 bucks, and it comes out october 14th:

LINK: http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=233994

SPARTAN VI
06-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by stripwire
this is the best new i heard all day.... I mean since theyre making it with tribunal and blood moon i might have to reby it thats gonna rock hard.. Any news on when its coming out, a date or anything??

DUDE! Look at your sig! It's WAY too big (dimensional) take a look at the forum rules. :rolleyes:

Im going to pick up Morrowind [again] ASAP, I hope I still have the saves on my old Xbox...:eek:

pepitonet
06-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Morrowinds GOTY is going to be the best rpg until fable or fantasy true online comes out

Prothoss
06-21-2003, 02:06 AM
SWEET!:D

Shadow20002
06-21-2003, 02:09 PM
I will get Sudeki just because i have bad flashback about Morrowind in this fall. Morrowind is just lame (crashing, huge bugs, DDE), if anyone gonna get this game (GOTY EDITION) and don't get any errors, i will rethink to buy it...maybe. ;)

Professor Kaos
06-25-2003, 01:07 AM
*kicks himself in the ass for deleting old morrowind saves* I guess i gotta start all over again. I so many cool things. My hit me now amulet (good for not taunting ppl) my unlock amulet (unlocked any lock) had some nice dedric weapons too.

Douchesforfun
06-27-2003, 07:45 PM
oct 14th thats like my new fav day of the year, and 30 bucks 10 bucks more than i payed for the original omfg im having a heart attack (LOL)
anyways have fun, oh and if anyone cares (which i doubt it) ffXI rox.:watchout: so see you on the flip side and peace out.

Kyle Static
06-30-2003, 11:09 PM
I would buy it, but I've only explored 1/4 of morrowind...2 more islands...well, I'd be screwed :p. My character is only a level 20, but my fighting skills are all maxed, along with strength.