PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Serial #

Shibby
05-10-2003, 10:30 PM
What is the newest Xbox's serial numbers? I want to go buy one next week and want to make sure I have the newest version. Thanks.:)

ARONO129
05-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Shibby
What is the newest Xbox's serial numbers? I want to go buy one next week and want to make sure I have the newest version. Thanks.:)

I'm sure sure what the newest serial #'s are but if you can wait, Xbox lite is coming out soon.

Shibby
05-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Like how soon?

Shibby
05-11-2003, 12:16 AM
* Okay I just did some research on it and I found no dates, but somewhere I heard that the Xbox Lite will have no HD to cut space down... if this is true I'll just get the bigger version. Can anyone confirm or anything?

Flood
05-11-2003, 03:00 AM
i'd wait until after e3 to buy an xbox. they might drop the price(did last year right before), or announce something about the mysterious "xbox lite"

l Maximus l
05-11-2003, 03:23 AM
* Okay I just did some research on it and I found no dates, but somewhere I heard that the Xbox Lite will have no HD to cut space down... if this is true I'll just get the bigger version. Can anyone confirm or anything?

It would be impossible for XBox Lite to not have a hard-drive considering all the games are encoded with save options to the hard-drive. Therefore, no hard-drive: no ability to play XBox games.

XBox Lite is simply going to be a smaller XBox similar to how the PS1 has a smaller version as well as the Dreamcast and other past consoles. I'm sure we'll hear more during and after E3 :cool:

Shadow20002
05-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Hey how about memory card ? They can just do that to reduce the size, release a super memory card 1 Gb... :cool:

Shibby
05-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Oh okay, I just heard about the Xbox Lite HD thing... maybe there going to reduce the size of it then.... but I'll probably wait tell after E3 now.

l Maximus l
05-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Oh okay, I just heard about the Xbox Lite HD thing... maybe there going to reduce the size of it then.... but I'll probably wait tell after E3 now.

Yeah..waiting until after E3 would be best...but, I would bet that the hard drive will remain the same size. Hard drives are not that big of a component.

Cyclone
05-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Er I made a new thread for this reply

GreenFire
05-11-2003, 11:22 PM
want to know what version xbox you have? click here (http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php) thank me later

ARONO129
05-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by GreenFire
want to know what version xbox you have? click here (http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php) thank me later

Awesome find. Unfortunately my Sega bundle had Xbox version 1.0 in it.

Manufactured 2002-08-20 and K: and D: 1.00.4034.01 = version 1.0.

Are there any benifits to having 1.0 ? Or does my Xbox only have a few more months to live? Hope I don't need to use the extended warranty.

Please XBA techie's let me know.

BTW. Good post Greenfire so thank you now.

Shibby
05-12-2003, 12:16 AM
when did you buy your Xbox? And before I buy one I'll check the date... oh and what version Xbox has the new Samsung (sp) drive instead of the other one? Thanks

ARONO129
05-12-2003, 12:26 AM
when did you buy your Xbox? And before I buy one I'll check the date... oh and what version Xbox has the new Samsung (sp) drive instead of the other one? Thanks

If you mean me, I bought mine in October. Funny thing is I played the Xbox launch version and my Xbox loads games faster than the launch version. I'm going to call Xbox support tomorrow and talk to them about version 1.0.

ARONO129
05-12-2003, 08:34 AM
So I call Xbox support and ask them about version #'s. Of course they tell me there are no different version #'s just different parts.

He asks my serial #, and then asks if I've had any problems. I tell him I had a few DDE's, but cleaned the game and DVD lens and all is ok. Xbox support gives me a Ticket #, saying they are supposed to with every call.

What does this all mean?

GreenFire
05-12-2003, 03:29 PM
your welcome :) btw... I will be modding my xbox soon and i am going to take pics along the way and post them on my personal site. I know the mods here think its an unforgivable sin. but, oh well