PDA

View Full Version : Tried Out Brute Force

AloneInTheDark
05-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Well as I was looking at games at Target, I saw a banner over the game station that said "Brute Force Now Playing" so I figured I would try it. Well I have to say I was unimpressed. The camera was a big problem. It doesnt always stay a certain distance away, and its not much of a self controling camera as I would like. I especially hate it when you are in a battle and you become almost as invisible. There are also some odd draw distance problems, but none too bad. The controls were well laid out. But still, there is no reason that (out of the demo I played) the game should not be the best game in the world. It has been pused back god knows how many times. Im not sure if these problems have been fixed, i am sure it isnt the final build. But as for graphics, this game is amazing. Check it out, your target might have it :D

l Maximus l
05-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Like any game, a person can't master the controls in a mere moment at a demo station. If it's really playing at Target, I'm going to check it out...I can't remember the last time I stepped into a Target, though :D

AloneInTheDark
05-11-2003, 01:10 PM
It was pretty fun, I am guessing that the camera will be a little better by release.

MerimacHamwich
05-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Usually playable builds (except in the case of Doom 3) pretty much represent the final product. The draw distance problems you noticed may be fixed and there is a chance the cameras may be changed but only minor things will see a change. I am glad to hear it looks good. Still, I am very sceptical about this game. From all of the previews and interviews I have a very low expectation, it hasn't been raised by anything yet.

l Maximus l
05-11-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm definately anticipating the game. I heard that it has a first person shooter feel to it but it's actually in third person.

Kortiz
05-11-2003, 05:57 PM
i need to get on over to target....

i have mixed feelings about this game.

I have never seen a game with so much hype and so many mixed reviews about a game.

I won't buy this game the day it comes out, but I am sure I will buy it sometime.

ShannonX
05-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Usually playable builds (except in the case of Doom 3) pretty much represent the final product. The draw distance problems you noticed may be fixed and there is a chance the cameras may be changed but only minor things will see a change. I am glad to hear it looks good. Still, I am very sceptical about this game. From all of the previews and interviews I have a very low expectation, it hasn't been raised by anything yet.

depends on the game. I've played demos that were created 5 or 6 months before the game was shipped. They were used to give a general idea of what the game would be like, but in no way represented final code.

Kortiz
05-11-2003, 06:49 PM
I GOT MORE POSTS THAN YOU DO SHANNON!!!!!!

kk spam over.

Anybody else seen this demo at bestbuy or anything? walmart?
circuit city? i would have figured eb would have something or gamespot or funcoland...

No Fear 23
05-11-2003, 09:20 PM
umm, how was the gameplay? did it flow smoothly?

i may just rent this game since its not live.

ARONO129
05-11-2003, 11:16 PM
After playing Halo I need this type of game now. I will probably buy it.

l Maximus l
05-12-2003, 01:10 AM
I'm buying it the very day it comes out...hell, I've already preordered it...it's mine :D

BORNGD
05-12-2003, 02:10 AM
its not on live?? wow that sux

Waterspout
05-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Fosho

I won't buy this game the day it comes out, but I am sure I will buy it sometime.

If you didn't preorder it then you won't be getting it the day it comes out anyway :)

Covenant Comm.
05-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Yah i also pre-order it already because the concept is pretty cool and i like the co-op link play that totally rules. Got one question anyone know if u can have costume soundtrack? Because that would be sweet running around and listing to some Linkin Park or staind.

bbchs_trash
05-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Don't know the name... but you noob...

Why wouldn't you be able to get the game if you didn't pre-order it?

I didn't pre-order Vice City, I got that the day it came out. I didn't pre-order Morrowind, I got that the day it came out.

There are more stores than EB... why don't you try your local, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Toys R' Us, or any other locations other than ones that Pre-Order. You will find stores that will have more than 1 copy of a game coming.

My local Target had 300 copies of Vice City ordered. So did Toys R' Us and EB... they were all sold out within the first 2 days...

Waterspout
05-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Don't know the name... but you noob...

Why wouldn't you be able to get the game if you didn't pre-order it?

I didn't pre-order Vice City, I got that the day it came out. I didn't pre-order Morrowind, I got that the day it came out.

There are more stores than EB... why don't you try your local, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Toys R' Us, or any other locations other than ones that Pre-Order. You will find stores that will have more than 1 copy of a game coming.

My local Target had 300 copies of Vice City ordered. So did Toys R' Us and EB... they were all sold out within the first 2 days...

EB, Babbages, Funcoland....
only order for first day based on pre orders according to a guy I know at EB. So those who didn't preorder will be fighting for it at Walmart. BUT, Walmart and other department stores may not have it on the 27th or 28th. Like with many new releases it takes them a little longer to get it in stock sometimes. For example, when I went to buy Madden 2003 last year it was sold out at all the video game stores like EB. I went to Best Buy, Circuit City and Walmart and they all told me it won't be coming out for a few more days. I don't know why that happens but it does. Sorry you took my last post to heart :)

EHWfedPres
05-12-2003, 12:41 PM
I didnt preorder wreckless and I got that the day it came out...from KB toys that is...cause eb didnt have any, only for preorder people...oh well, its 50 bucks either way, and I still got it.

No Fear 23
05-12-2003, 01:57 PM
i never preordered a game. but the only game i would prolly preorder is Halo 2. it'll be impossible to find for the first couple months prolly. imo.

Waterspout
05-12-2003, 07:35 PM
The way I look at it is that it is worth the 5 bucks to secure a game rather to search for one the day it comes out. I have certainly looked for games on the coming out day and have come up empty. I am not losing 5 bucks since it goes toward the price of the game....plus I know exactly where to get it and I know there is one waiting for me....and I got a pretty cool DVD for putting the 5 bucks down.

l Maximus l
05-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Waterspout
The way I look at it is that it is worth the 5 bucks to secure a game rather to search for one the day it comes out. I have certainly looked for games on the coming out day and have come up empty. I am not losing 5 bucks since it goes toward the price of the game....plus I know exactly where to get it and I know there is one waiting for me....and I got a pretty cool DVD for putting the 5 bucks down.

Yeah, that two disc DVD that you get is bad ass. Definately a keep sake :cheers: