PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Problem!!!!!!

Xbox_Die_Hard
12-05-2001, 09:49 PM
My 27 inch Magnavox has thee 3 AV inputs as well as the cable hook-up. I've tried the 3 AV inputs but unfortunately my tv is sort of old and it required an adapter (hooks in through cable port) to run with satelite. What would be better to use when i cut of satelite? AV inputs or the cable hook up?

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 09:54 PM
AV of course...but I think you need a new tv!

Xbox_Die_Hard
12-05-2001, 09:56 PM
What's the difference?

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:04 PM
the massive increase in quality...you are robbing yourself if you arent at least using S video. Also if you have satellite, you might want to invest in a new TV because you will see a noticeable difference in quality of things and more lifelike colors. Need to hook up the X with the monster cable gamelink 400 X for component input (better then all the rest, even S-Video) and hook it up to a digital 5.1 setup with the optical adapter (100 X)

SciFi
12-05-2001, 10:13 PM
My friend has S-video, while my Xbox is hooked into a TV that only has a 1-hole input via RF modulator, I don't see much difforence between the 2...:confused:

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:23 PM
dang, I can notice the differences between AV and S-video, so it should be even easier to recognize S video and RF...His television must suck and he must be using the MS advanced av pack. Now obviously your TV ising that great or else you wouldnt need the RF adapter. PLEASSEEE for the love of mr. X get a new TV with component inputs! Anyway some easy tings I noticed were right off the bat, the green text on the main screen on NFL Fever 2002. On AV the lines looked a little blurry and just didnt look solid. With S-Video, they look fluid and arent so color blocky. It is like it seems you are losing more colors so the words just dont look as good. In S video it is much better. In addition to this little text thing, the players look much nicer. Its all about colors, which is the whole big thing about S video. You can really see it if you use the same tv, and go between all the connection options. Just bring over your RF adapter to your friends house and plug it in, then plug in the S-Video and have them both plugged in. Play some game for a little while while your friend notes the colors and such, then quickly change out connections and you will notice. It is prolly hard for you to notice because you cant do a comparison by waiting long periods of time. Too bad the Xbox restarts if you unplug the video/audio umm plug and plug in another...then you could get a really great comparison...but then again I bet that wouldnt be very good for mr. X.

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 01:47 PM
I agree with Frostberg...I have the Advanced A/V Pack and am using it with my 36" S-Video Toshiba...and, man, the difference between that an the regular RCA connectors is like night and day!

With the S-video in action, the colors are richer and smoother...It's almost euphoric!!! There's nothing better for the average S-Video TV...unless you get Monster 400s and rock those bad boys with a Plasma TV! lol....I hear that a set up like that is utterly breathtaking...