PDA

View Full Version : Gamestore fined $30,000 for releasing Enter the Matrix early.

Dream Theater
05-12-2003, 06:17 AM
I went into my local EB on sunday and they had the Matrix (not for sale until thursday though). The guys who work there said that a store in WI was fined $30,000 for releasing the game early. He did say he's been playing it and it's a very awesome game. I'm good friends with them and I couldn't get a copy if my life depended on it. I did have the game in my grubby hands looking through the manual and reading the box. I'm picking it up on thursday and will post a review.:cheers:

By the way, he did say Microsoft's new Baseball game was horrible. They had that too. He said everything from the graphics to sound to gameplay sucked very bad.

Stormlord
05-12-2003, 07:53 AM
I can't get it this Thursday cause I got Wolfenstien :cry: . But oh well I just wait a few weeks. As for MS's new game...Not really into sports but why does everyone trash MS games? I wouldn't really know what's the big deal. :cry:

bbchs_trash
05-12-2003, 08:15 AM
EB employees are ***. I reported mine. They can't release games early... but still the employee's end up with the games. Are you that naive? I reported mine for the same **** with the Zelda Pre-Order disc... I contacted Nintendo and EB Headquarters... and there are no longer the same idiots working at my EB. I got their jobs snatched... and rightfully deserved.

The employees had their fingers all over the game on Tuesday before the release and started giving them out on Saturday... a day before the release. So when I went in on Sunday... there were none left. I was ****ED!

HAH, to bad... I hope their damn Zelda: Pre-Order Disc was well worth their 6 dollar an hour jobs... losers!

Crazy Joe
05-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
EB employees are ***. I reported mine. They can't release games early... but still the employee's end up with the games. Are you that naive? I reported mine for the same **** with the Zelda Pre-Order disc... I contacted Nintendo and EB Headquarters... and there are no longer the same idiots working at my EB. I got their jobs snatched... and rightfully deserved.

The employees had their fingers all over the game on Tuesday before the release and started giving them out on Saturday... a day before the release. So when I went in on Sunday... there were none left. I was ****ED!

HAH, to bad... I hope their damn Zelda: Pre-Order Disc was well worth their 6 dollar an hour jobs... losers!

it makes sense for the employees to play the games before they come out, so they can tell customers about it. It's the same at Blockbuster, employees get to rent the movies a week before they officially come out so they can tell customers about them.

i can't believe you reported EB employees for playing video games early, that's a pretty crappy thing to do. i'm guessing you were the little kid that ratted everyone out when the teacher left the room.

Nameless00
05-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

i can't believe you reported EB employees for playing video games early, that's a pretty crappy thing to do. i'm guessing you were the little kid that ratted everyone out when the teacher left the room.

Ya, I smell the **** on his nose from here. Little punk. You could have just gone to another store to buy your game, but wait, that would be down right sensible. Instead you went through the trouble and time ratting people out...sad.

bretman1234
05-12-2003, 07:02 PM

wow, what a homo. I agree with gortholomew on this one, this was the kid who ratted everyone out when the teacher was looking for answers. I hope you get beat up alot at school.

l Maximus l
05-12-2003, 07:11 PM
It doesn't make sense for people to lose their jobs just because they are playing a game before it's official release date. I work part time at an Electronics retailer and we play movies all the time before they go on sale......I don't think it's any different than video games. The thing is, we are not authorized to sell it. So, I'm thinking the dudes is not being quite truthful with us here.

Yankeez
05-12-2003, 07:12 PM
I heard toys r us was also fined for putting up the game early well i guess they deserve it

Dream Theater
05-13-2003, 06:58 AM
It's EB's right to play the game if they wish to. I can't believe someone ratted on them either. I am good friends with those guys and I would never do that. They wouldn't even give me a copy.Though I got to look at the box and look through the instruction manual. What a jerk. A whining little girl. You give us gamers and cool stores like EB a bad name. Next you'll be working for Tipper Gore or worse, Lieberman!!!

CarGuy
05-13-2003, 08:15 AM

Somebody has issues... You've obviously never been to college and had a part time job. Oh and i worked retail through college and High School and it takes the will of god for a customer to fire employees. You'd have to have video taped confessionals because it comes down to the customers word against the employee's. Managers are usually college educated and they wouldn't go through the trouble of hiring and training a whole new staff because somebody has a stick up their butt. :huh:

If you are telling the truth (which i highly doubt) you're evil, dude.

CrazyCougar
05-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Retailers get fined for $10,000 per unit releases before the release date. As does the warehouse if they ship it early. Trust me it aint funto get one of those fines. The other year while we had Driver setting in our warehouse awaiting release, one of my forklift operators was picking and order and pulled a pallet of driver instead of something else. The pallet was shipped to a retailer unknowingly. Well low and behold, because it shipped early we received a $10,000 fine per unit shipped. I'll let you do the math, there are 3330 units per pallet. $$$$$$$$

Retailers will receive releases usually the day before or the day of the actual release date. Very seldom will they have it a few days early, unless its a title that is expected to sell out. Employess wont get introuble for playing a game early unless it's there company policy. But if its distributed to the general public, whether given away or sold, there will be hell to pay.

Stormlord
05-14-2003, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't say that it was right to do that. I was pretty PO'ed that everyone at Game Stop were already playing RtCW a day earlier but I never did anything about it. It's just something that happens. Like there's a guy I know that is going to see The Matrix Reloaded because he works at the theater and they're going to test it. :cuss: But I can wait a few days. :D

Snapple
05-14-2003, 07:29 AM
i dont see whats the big deal about playing the game before its released or putting it out on the shelves??? they should get to play it to tell costimers how it is and they should get the right to put it out to let custimers read the box and stuff. it should be perfectly FINE.

btw: bbtrash thats prolly the stupidest thing ever!!! just cause you didnt find your game you had to go through all that trouble:eek: thats soooooooo pathectic. expecially when there are other game stores out there....not just eb