PDA

View Full Version : price drop?

Torch
05-12-2003, 08:49 PM
I heard rumors that the next price drop for systems is close to after E3... is that true? What have you guys heard?

Yankeez
05-12-2003, 09:24 PM
yes this was also reported by ign by a press release from microsoft it is indeed coming this summer or a by the end of the year

:cheers:

now u can have 2!

TegSkywalker
05-13-2003, 12:53 AM
http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=3096

"Gamers, retailers and game developers have been hoping Microsoft would cut the price again this year, causing the same defensive reaction among the competitors. That hope may have been put to bed tonight as Robbie Bach, senior vice president of Microsoft's Home and Entertainment Division as well as chief Xbox officer, made it clear today that it isn't planned to happen. Mr. Bach stated that Microsoft has no plans to cut the price of the console, which currently retails for $199.99."

CrazyCougar
05-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Its only a matter of time. It'll be down to $149.99 soon enough.

AlBoogy
05-13-2003, 10:56 AM
I dont know but if it does happen I would think it would be around November. Perfect for the Holidays. But 2 price drops in 2 years would seem desperate.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
I dont know but if it does happen I would think it would be around November. Perfect for the Holidays. But 2 price drops in 2 years would seem desperate.

how so? The technology is getting older, the manufacturing price is getting cheaper, and yes, the competetive part is there too. A Price Drop just makes sense.