PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam--framerate

John002
05-13-2003, 04:32 PM
I picked up Serious Sam, because I heard it was fun. Actually it gives me a headache. Does anyone that has this game notice any occasional framerate problems? I was just wondering if it's my disc or if that's the way it is?
:huh:

Spentkustard
05-14-2003, 12:43 PM
i bought that piece of crap game i would be playin the game and all a sudden it would slow down then it would completely frezze so at first a thought it was my disc so i went back to compusa 3 times and 3 different discs i called the poeple over a xbox and they said the game has known problems the only problem with the game is that croteam sucks

i tricked the manager at compusa into thinking that his boss said it was ok to get my money back

John002
05-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of taking it back. My game hasn't frozen up yet, but it does kind of stutter a lot.
:cuss:

Reclaimer
05-14-2003, 09:02 PM
I agree it's a fun game.

There is a glitch. It causes framerate stutter and sometimes it locks up the game. It's the music. Sometimes the game seeks the background music and it causes stuttering. One day I noticed the music was [i]skipping[/]. And I heard the DVD drive making that skipping sound during the problem. I tried out a theory and it worked.
My suggestion:
Turn the background music all the way down. You're not missing anything anyway. All the way down, I guess, turns it off so. I did that and the game never locked up or stuttered again. If you miss the music, I guess you could turn up a stereo, or start humming "Flight of the Valkeries" as you run down a ramp shooting.

John002
05-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I agree it's a fun game.

There is a glitch. It causes framerate stutter and sometimes it locks up the game. It's the music. Sometimes the game seeks the background music and it causes stuttering. One day I noticed the music was [i]skipping[/]. And I heard the DVD drive making that skipping sound during the problem. I tried out a theory and it worked.
My suggestion:
Turn the background music all the way down. You're not missing anything anyway. All the way down, I guess, turns it off so. I did that and the game never locked up or stuttered again. If you miss the music, I guess you could turn up a stereo, or start humming "Flight of the Valkeries" as you run down a ramp shooting.

thanks for the tip. I'll try it, but the game still gives me a headache.:watchout:

RyoTheWanderer
05-27-2003, 12:23 AM
wow, this has never happened to me in my many hours of playing this game with my friends, though i am considering doing what i said i was gonna do in my review of this game, burn the instructions and melt the cd.