PDA

View Full Version : Fable To Include Co-op!!!!! Omg.....

Brevity
05-13-2003, 05:51 PM
While much of this info was great to see in action, none of it was particularly new. Then Molyneux and the Carter brothers casually laid down the bomb -- Fable will include co-op play.

At least one player (though it may end up allowing four players on at once) will be able to accompany a hero on his quest. Alone, you can gain a sidekick or alter ego. This AI person aids in your quest. But have your buddy plug in a controller and he can control your sidekick. But more impressive, is that your buddy can take a save of his character from his game of Fable and drop it into your game! He has the same powers, abilities, nobility, and alignment.

Playing in tandem, one person must always be "the hero" while the other is the sidekick. The hero is the only one who can gain experience points and is the one the world reacts to. But you can flip-flop who is hero and sidekick with the black button. So, if you are clever, you can have a very evil character and a very heroic character work together. In battle, in towns, when receiving quests, you can switch who is the leader and therefore change how the world reacts to you. It's a bit of a strange idea, but the right team of powers and force could be unstoppable.

After play is done, your buddy can pull out and upload his character back into his game -- with any enhancements he earned while playing with you! Wow.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/402/402233p2.html

sabca
05-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Wow, that sounds cool as hell. That sort of comes totally from left field, I wouldn't have expected anything like that in a game of this sort. I can't wait to show off any character I make to my buds. This just adds awesomeness to an already awesomely awesome game. :)

Crazy Joe
05-13-2003, 06:28 PM
me and my cousin thought of something like this when we were switching off playing Morrowind, to have the ability to bring your own character into someone else's game. System Link would make this awesome, you both playing on your own TV, you could basically play seperately in the same world. sweeeeeettttt!!!!!!!

Yankeez
05-13-2003, 06:43 PM
what would make it sweeter is co-op on XBL

EHWfedPres
05-13-2003, 08:00 PM
wow, that sounds awesome, not i really cant wait any longer for this soon-to-be masterpiece

kenji
05-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Sweet. Even though my brother hates these games, sweet.

wweomaniac
05-13-2003, 08:56 PM
DAMN this is the best thing ever!!!!!

WynnFire
05-13-2003, 11:13 PM
WOW! I had no interest in this game until now. Can't Wait!

NINE BREAKER
05-14-2003, 12:06 AM
Damn, this title just keeps getting better and better. But now the wait is going to seem ALOT longer:cuss: