PDA

View Full Version : No Metal Gear Solid 3

Viper87227
05-13-2003, 07:51 PM
May 13, 2003 - "We are delighted to bringing Metal Gear Solid 3 exclusively to the PlayStation 2. This franchise has a huge legacy on the PlayStation console and its third iteration, the advanced PlayStation 2 hardware allows us to deliver another groundbreaking title to fans of the series," said Geoff Mulligan, Chief Operating Officer, Konami of America, Inc. "This title adds to the strength of the outstanding PlayStation 2 lineup and gives us the opportunity to reach the world's largest hardware gaming audience at launch."

Andrew House, executive vice president, Sony Computer Entertainment of America, said "We are pleased that Konami continues to debut new Metal Gear Solid properties exclusively on the PlayStation 2, as the success of this franchise helped propel gaming to new heights on our platform. Considering the enormous installed base of PlayStation 2 worldwide and its continued growth, we are confident that Konami's Metal Gear Solid 3 will the biggest and best game in the series to date."

IGN will be back with more on Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in just a few hours following Konami's E3 press conference. Be on the lookout for videos, screens, and info on the 12-minute trailer the company plans to showcase. Stay tuned.

-------------

im sure this will **** off many people here. I myselft dont mind coz i have PS2 and the game was better on PS2 in every aspect other than sound. Looks like some people here have one more reason to pick up the dreaded "pos2" eh?

Diddy
05-13-2003, 07:53 PM
eh, when i get enuff Live games for my box ill pick up another ps2, MAYBE lol!

Snoopy7548
05-13-2003, 08:01 PM
"the advanced PlayStation 2 hardware allows us to deliver another groundbreaking title to fans of the series"

um, what about the advanced xbox hardware?:huh: :huh:

Viper87227
05-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

um, what about the advanced xbox hardware?:huh: :huh:

dunno, but if you pl.ayed MGS2 on both systems it was much better on PS2. Xbox had surround sound (i think) but PS2 had everythign else. The grafix looked exactly the same....but on xbox there was slowdown in some spots, there was absolutly none on PS2. Controls were also mutch better and more fluid on PS2 but thats more personal tastes. My guess is xbox MGS2 sales were poor w/o having the 1st game and therefor missing story elements, but also due to the difficulty of porting it. Thats how come it was $20 on xbox after 2 weeks, but its still $40 on ps2 even with the prev MGS2 SOL owned by many.

All in all i think tihs is a good thing...just antoehr great exclusive to keep PS2 number one is sales :D And no im not a fanboy :cheers:

Snoopy7548
05-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
grafix looked exactly the same....but on xbox there was slowdown in some spots, there was absolutly none on PS2.

i thought that was because it was a direct port from the ps2 version.

l Maximus l
05-13-2003, 08:13 PM
I never got into the MGS series...so, no big deal to me. It doesn't hold a candle to Halo 2 which is seriously all I care about.

Well, that and Brute Force :D

Viper87227
05-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

i thought that was because it was a direct port from the ps2 version.

for the most part yes. but the obviodly dont want another sloppy port nor do they want to loose the buddy buddy releationship with sony so its PS2 exclusive. Thats just my speculation tho maybe they didnt like the xbox code or soemthing and dont want to work wiht it again

l Maximus l
05-13-2003, 08:18 PM

for the most part yes. but the obviodly dont want another sloppy port nor do they want to loose the buddy buddy releationship with sony so its PS2 exclusive. Thats just my speculation tho maybe they didnt like the xbox code or soemthing and dont want to work wiht it again

I've heard numerous times that the XBox is much easier to make games for compared to the PS2...so, I'm not sure if your last sentence makes much sense.

EHWfedPres
05-13-2003, 08:20 PM
No big deal...I prefer games over movies anyway. :watchout:

Viper87227
05-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I've heard numerous times that the XBox is much easier to make games for compared to the PS2...so, I'm not sure if your last sentence makes much sense.

ive heard the same...but Hideo Kojima i belive has only worked on PS1 and PS2. I ccant think of any games other than MGS and ZOne of the Enders that he has done in which acse substance was his 1st xbox game...adn if your used to using one thing for so many years, switching to something else could be tough

l Maximus l
05-13-2003, 08:23 PM

ive heard the same...but Hideo Kojima i belive has only worked on PS1 and PS2. I ccant think of any games other than MGS and ZOne of the Enders that he has done in which acse substance was his 1st xbox game...adn if your used to using one thing for so many years, switching to something else could be tough

Well, at this point, it's kinda too late to try and make the game for XBox. Just imagine, MGS3 would be so much better if it fully utilized the XBox hardware...but, it would be back to the drawing board.

wweomaniac
05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
lol. I was looking forward to this title too. I guess I"ll just have to keep myself occupied with Brute Force, DOOM III, and Fable when they come out this year.

EHWfedPres
05-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
lol. I was looking forward to this title too. I guess I"ll just have to keep myself occupied with Brute Force, DOOM III, and Fable when they come out this year.

Fable isnt coming until 2004

VenoM
05-13-2003, 09:15 PM
and wasnt metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty exclusive to ps2 as well? :huh: exclsuive just means exclsusive by time....if konami brought substance on xbox it will bring bring snake eater as well....maybe a year after the ps2 version but it will still come out on xbox

Liquid Gears
05-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Wow, total shocker :rolleyes:

Don't you guys get it yet? Seriously. No biggy, it'll probably be released in one year for the XBox. It always seems to go that way. It happened with Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty, Silent Hill 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, etc...........

Those games all came out for Playstation one year before XBox released it and IT WILL happen again with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and same deal will probably go down with Silent Hill 3 too.

EHWfedPres
05-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I cant wait for metal gear solid 4: **** smoker... :rolleyes:

BORNGD
05-14-2003, 12:13 AM
no loss for me, i never played number 2

Liquid Gears
05-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by BORNGD
no loss for me, i never played number 2

You really should look into playing it sometime. Your missing out