PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk Underground Trailer Eyes-On

Brevity
05-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Source: IGN
One of the biggest franchises ever is getting a major overhaul.

May 14, 2003 - The doors to E3 have just opened and already the surprises are popping up. Tony Hawk's Underground, Actvision's latest foray into the Pro Skater series is being showcased in video from on the show floor. We'll have video of this trailer soon enough, in the meantime here's all the details you need to know about what will be a very different Tony Hawk.
Underground isn't just some attempt to capture a hip new name. This is an adventure game filled with skating. As shown in the video, gmaers can now hop off their board, run around, climb ladders, shimmey on roofs, and drive cars throughout the city. Yeah, it's a whole new world.

Skater's like Hawk, Bob Burnquist, and Buckey Lasek are all in the game, but the new change is that you will now be in the game as well. Acitivision is promising that any gamer's face can be scanned and plugged into the game so that gamer's can play as themselves. How this will be implemented is unknown, but we'll be certain to get the full skinny shortly.

The create-a-park mode is also revamped. You can now create your own game. Giant city buildings and apparently anything else in the game world can be added to your own park. More over, you can create your own goals, set up S-K-A-T-E and lay down the letters wherever you want. And you can create and name your own tricks. We're not sure how any of this will work online, but the possibilities are tantalizing.

Taking place during all times of day and in industrial areas like a nuclear plant, T.H.U.G. should, at least, quell any of the gripes form gamer's that Activision does nothing new with the Hawk series. We'll have more very soon.

Knight
05-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Is any going to still care about Tony Hawk or even play his game in 10 years? It's the same old game each year only looking alittle better.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Source: IGN

quell any of the gripes form gamer's that Activision does nothing new with the Hawk series. We'll have more very soon.
Knight, did u even read Brevitys post? I personally love the THPS series. I've owned every Tony Hawk game in 1 form or another. Just another game to look forward to.

bbchs_trash
05-14-2003, 03:15 PM
That sounds awesome... cough* Morrohawk* cough anyone?

Cyclone
05-14-2003, 06:02 PM
omg not another one >:\
The Tony Hawk games should have just died after the 3rd one. Of course, they stopped being good after the first one. 5 games within a 4 year period is crazy. That's like what Lucas Arts is doing with Star Wars! There is a new Star Wars game like every week.

Xbox Owner
05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
if it's not online, i'm not buyin it:watchout:

Cyclone
05-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
if it's not online, i'm not buyin it:watchout:

Well since 3 and 4 are both online, I'm sure this one will be too. Doesn't matter though, I didn't plan on buying it period

Young_Fledgling
05-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone

Well since 3 and 4 are both online, I'm sure this one will be too. Doesn't matter though, I didn't plan on buying it period

3 and 4 ARE NOT online... :watchout:

they are through xbconnect but not on xbox live.... i am sure he means he won't buy them unless they are xbox live supported.

canadianboi3
05-14-2003, 11:00 PM
You all are entitled to your own opinion. I personally love the Tony Hawk series, and you cannot say they just improve graphics. For example, take a look at THPS 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. You will then notice the HUGE difference.