PDA

View Full Version : Legendary mode in HALO



dysrhythmia
12-06-2001, 10:17 AM
I swear I will finish the game in legendary mode! I'm on the 3rd level now....This is insanely difficult in a genius way. One cat and mouse fight has lasted up to 25 minutes. If anyone has finished the game in this mode post a pic or something.....Hell, let me buy you a beer.

Chaotic
12-06-2001, 12:28 PM
I have beaten the game in this mode.

What type of picture are you talking about?

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 12:45 PM
Dude, I agree, man...Legendary is some tough stuff...But, I will beat it, too on this mode...I'm on the first level with a buddy on co-op...but, it's hard for us to get together all the time....I have about 4 seperate co-op games going! lol...man, I love this game!!!

Rancey
12-06-2001, 01:01 PM
Even if he doesn't finish it I am sure Maximus will expect you to buy him a beer. ;)

dysrhythmia
12-06-2001, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Even if he doesn't finish it I am sure Maximus will expect you to buy him a beer. ;)

Hah! Not a problem.

dysrhythmia
12-06-2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
I have beaten the game in this mode.

What type of picture are you talking about?

Well since I've never done it myself I can't give a specific....All I know is apparently there is some screen or some kind of treat for those who do this....If you know what I'm talking about don't spoil it for me (us).

Chaotic
12-06-2001, 10:13 PM
:)

then why would you want me to post a pic?

dysrhythmia
12-06-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
:)

then why would you want me to post a pic?

Good point....Too many beers. Screw it, ruin it for me! Is the special treat really worth finishing the game for? I just want to know somebody who's done it, but I need proof. Whoever has done this is truly "legendary" in my book.

Chaotic
12-06-2001, 11:03 PM
Ok i can prove it to you, but my digital camera is in for repair
that digital scsi port stopped working.

How else can i prove it to you?

dysrhythmia
12-06-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
Ok i can prove it to you, but my digital camera is in for repair
that digital scsi port stopped working.

How else can i prove it to you?

Honestly? Email me "bandsawsuicide@hotmail.com". Tell me what exactly it is that you get as a reward for doing this. I want to take your word for it, but I just can't do it. Aside from that, I can wait till you get your camera back...but by then I'm sure others will have become legendary. If your a true legend now, let us know so we can all congragulate you on a job well done....Seriously.

ShannonX
12-07-2001, 09:30 AM
me and my roomate are currently working on the legendary campaign....we have just gotten inside the space ship and after numerous slaughters (of us) we figured out how to get by that first room where you have like 5 - 10 of the sword guys..... =)

VAN
12-07-2001, 09:42 AM
Hell, pretty much anyone can say what happens if you complete the game in Legendary Mode, since it has been posted all over the web on various message boards (including this one)

All ya get is the skull icon next to each level which you have completed in Legendary Mode. :) Lotsa folks have made the claim, but I've only seen pictures of one individuals completed Legendary levels.

Lots of folks are making claims about completing the game in solo-player Legendary Mode, but until I see the pics, I'll just roll my eyes. :rolleyes: and after I see the pics, I'll extend my hand and say "You rule, man!" to that person.

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 03:12 PM
No kidding! I would even ask for an autograph! lol...Legendary is tough!

I have this buddy that came over to get an introduction to Halo and one of my other buddies, that I have already been playing a co-op game with, decided to introduce him to the Legendary mode. LOL...Big mistake! The buddy that has never seen Halo now hates the game! lol...That's what Legendary can do...make people hate the game! lol

I still love it...And, yes, I will show my disappointed buddy what it looks like on normal mode...lol

Chaotic
12-07-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by VAN
Hell, pretty much anyone can say what happens if you complete the game in Legendary Mode, since it has been posted all over the web on various message boards (including this one)

All ya get is the skull icon next to each level which you have completed in Legendary Mode. :) Lotsa folks have made the claim, but I've only seen pictures of one individuals completed Legendary levels.

Lots of folks are making claims about completing the game in solo-player Legendary Mode, but until I see the pics, I'll just roll my eyes. :rolleyes: and after I see the pics, I'll extend my hand and say "You rule, man!" to that person.


What do you want to see pictures of?

VAN
12-08-2001, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox



What do you want to see pictures of?


Honetly? How about Britney Spears' ******?

Jocepe05
12-19-2001, 01:44 PM
Hell ya **** i'd love to see that.. anybody got one??:D

Alec
12-21-2001, 02:34 PM
Right........


Have the mods seen that?

LOL

JJaX
12-22-2001, 12:02 PM
i BEAT halo on normal. Then i beat it on Legendary. PLayed one level a night. Took a little more than a week. When i stop by my parents ill pick up my Digi cam and ill take pics of all the "legendary seals" on the level select screen. (for those that dont believe me)

Also if anyone doubts the SkiLLz ill be more than happy to play you threw gamespy.

Legacy_M
12-26-2001, 10:40 AM
If you beat legendary on solo-player you do get something for it. Yes you get that **** skull proving that you have beaten it on legendary but you also get a different ending from the rest of the difficulties.

JJaX
12-26-2001, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Legacy_M
If you beat legendary on solo-player you do get something for it. Yes you get that **** skull proving that you have beaten it on legendary but you also get a different ending from the rest of the difficulties.

The ending isnt the trophy. Its playing it on Legendary and beating it! Thats the Magic ;)


And its not a different ending, It just has like an extra 5 seconds thrown in at the beginning of the ending.

Legacy_M
12-26-2001, 12:58 PM
Man I'm just going to go out and buy the Halo Strategy Guide to find out all the secrets. I'm tired of all these false rumors. So there is only around 5 seconds added to the ending? If so that is BS. Thanks for the details anyways. Peace out.