PDA

View Full Version : Just got Enter the Matrix. Not too impressed

Dream Theater
05-15-2003, 08:12 AM
It's very mediocre. It's a big let down. The graphics are ok but the combat system sucks.

Brevity
05-15-2003, 08:50 AM
I kinda want to get it just to see the killer 1080i screens. But I had hoped that ppl would think better of this game.

Dre
05-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Dream Theater
It's very mediocre. It's a big let down. The graphics are ok but the combat system sucks.

I heard the combat system sucked at the beginning of the game because it was simplistic. But once you get to later points in the game there are so many enemies that you understand the simple system and its actually good then

l Maximus l
05-15-2003, 04:53 PM
I planned on passing it up until a later time... Instead, I'm picking up Brute Force and watching the new Matrix movie instead :D

Waterspout
05-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Dream Theater

That is what I thought....never believe the hype.

Liquid Gears
05-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Is it even worth renting?? I was gonna go rent it pretty soon & now I just read this thread.

canadianboi3
05-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Is it even worth renting?? I was gonna go rent it pretty soon & now I just read this thread.

I would think you shouldn't one person's opinion decide yours. One mans crappy game, is one mans favourite.

Brevity
05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Man on some other boards I am seeing alot and I mean alot of great praise for this game. I think its just that some like it some dont. One thing I am noticing is that most of the reviews of ppl that have put some longer times in it seem to like it better. I think its the whole learning curve thing.

MerimacHamwich
05-15-2003, 07:48 PM
I would definetly not accept that as a good review of the game. Sounds to me like you put very little time into the game. Popped it in expecting absolute perfection and then when you played you realised it is just a videogame and were immediatly let down. So your expectations of the game have led you to hate it. Its sad when things like this happen. I am going to pick it up tonight, I will post a review in the game section after I have played most of the way through if not all. I will either post my first impressions in this thread or create my own. Look forward to a more compreensive first impressions review in the near future.

GreenFire
05-15-2003, 08:25 PM
The character models are plain, the textures are plain. The Matrix was based on stunning visuals, and this doesnt impress at all. The fighting system is ok... Oh well, too hyped.

Hitman101
05-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Did anyone get to the part with the L*sbian kiss scene ??

No Fear 23
05-15-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101

freak

Hitman101
05-15-2003, 09:03 PM
I saw it on mtv............when I saw that they actually put that into the game I was like...........:yikes:

Highlite23
05-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Well I rented it tonight, we shall see.:cool:

EHWfedPres
05-15-2003, 09:11 PM
I never expected anything from it because its just another third person single player action game with little-no replay value...

Crazy Joe
05-15-2003, 09:38 PM
crap, i didn't expect it to be this good. They had a special in the EB in the mall near me to preorder it for $39.99 CDN a couple of weeks ago, but i passed on it. I should've put my money down.

MerimacHamwich
05-15-2003, 10:13 PM
I have purchased Enter The Matrix. A new thread will soon be created called Enter The Matrix: Hamwich First Impressions.

JR Alberda
05-15-2003, 11:12 PM
I have it and I love it so far, kind of dificult to get at first but it comes to gether nicely. The hacking thing is cool, but alot of it is wierd stuff, i have codes for drives, but nowhere to put them in, maybe I just dont understand. THe basic use is pretty simple though.

Bakeman
05-16-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Hitman101

Watch the movie and you will understand it.

Arrakis44
05-16-2003, 03:36 PM
I expect to rent it this weekend, i admit that my hopes for this game arnt that high. There has just been too much hype for it to deliver, the visuals look pretty good but the ones i saw were hardly stunning. I'll wait and see how it plays though!

Bakeman
05-16-2003, 04:17 PM
I personally think if you are a fan of the matrix there isn't any way you couldn't have fun with the game at the very least.