PDA

View Full Version : Most awaited game ever

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 02:18 PM
What is your most awaited game? Please exclude the time it is coming out...hypothetically, if all of the games were to come out at the exact same time and you only had enough money to buy one, which one would it be and why?

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 02:26 PM
I voted for Brute Force, however, this was a very very very tough decision :) After seeing streaming video on this game, I didn't think it were possible, but, it seems to rival Halo...maybe even beat it! In any regard, I plan on buying all of these games including Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Battlefield 1942

smack119
12-06-2001, 02:31 PM
PROJECT EGO!!! that game looks sweet and i love rpgs

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 02:58 PM
Vote now, dudes!

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 03:43 PM
Wow, I knew this would be a tough one. Is everyone finding this poll challenging to choose?

MadDawg276
12-06-2001, 04:10 PM
Project Ego is winning :)

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 04:11 PM
lol...that's because Project Ego is an amazing game! I knew, however, that this would be a tough poll...I mean, look at the variety of awesome games!!!! 2002 is going to be a very very very good year :D

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 04:45 PM
Come on, dudes...let's give some reasons for your choices here....

gtaplayer
12-06-2001, 05:09 PM
i choose grand theft auto 3...nobody knew about this game coming out for ps2...and when it ame out and landed a huge bomb on the gaming industry...it looks and feels great on the ps2...and for the xbox there gonna expand the the city...and much more missons

also there gonna try to fix the screen freezing when u go 2 fast in a car or when there are to mnay objects lighting on the screen.

I think if they add that or and anyother features grand theft auto 3 will tear it up all the way...

I was reading the msnbc review and they were saying(just like everywhere else were saying) that the xbox is intended for adults...they say that because of the controller is big...now i have bought all the nintendo systems and i have not been satisfied with them in competion...i was going to buy the ps2...but when i read all about xbox i was astonished...now i am 16 and i want to kno if its a good bet for me 2 purchase the xbox??? And how old is everyone here???

Also all the other games from the poll are all great...and it looks like metal gear solid a good bet...

the merc
12-06-2001, 05:12 PM
I want Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon......then Shenmue2...

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by the merc
I want Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon......then Shenmue2...

Dude, Merc...Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon looks sweet! Nice addition! Shenmue2 is supposed to be amazing, too! Nice picks!

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
i choose grand theft auto 3...nobody knew about this game coming out for ps2...and when it ame out and landed a huge bomb on the gaming industry...it looks and feels great on the ps2...and for the xbox there gonna expand the the city...and much more missons

also there gonna try to fix the screen freezing when u go 2 fast in a car or when there are to mnay objects lighting on the screen.

I think if they add that or and anyother features grand theft auto 3 will tear it up all the way...

I was reading the msnbc review and they were saying(just like everywhere else were saying) that the xbox is intended for adults...they say that because of the controller is big...now i have bought all the nintendo systems and i have not been satisfied with them in competion...i was going to buy the ps2...but when i read all about xbox i was astonished...now i am 16 and i want to kno if its a good bet for me 2 purchase the xbox??? And how old is everyone here???

Also all the other games from the poll are all great...and it looks like metal gear solid a good bet...

gtaplayer...Without a doubt, GTA3 is going to be an instant hit on the XBox. And, by the way, choosing the XBox over the PS2 is extremely intelligent. You will find almost every game on the XBox that is on the PS2 but they will add levels, smooth out the graphics even more, and make the games perform to the highest ability possible. Just think, you will have the best versions of the same games... And, by the way, I'm 26.

Rancey
12-06-2001, 05:48 PM
Project Ego, visually it looks excellent but this game is gonna last me a long time and have a lot of replay value, I'll probably complete many times in many different ways just to see how different characters change to different scenarios, etc :cool:

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Project Ego, visually it looks excellent but this game is gonna last me a long time and have a lot of replay value, I'll probably complete many times in many different ways just to see how different characters change to different scenarios, etc :cool:

In my opinion, all of the listed games in the poll are going to be amazing...you make an excellent point about Project Ego. I agree, this is a must have game :)

MadDawg276
12-06-2001, 06:22 PM
The concept of project ego is just mind blowing. Big Blue box has done an excellent job just look at the screenshots. This game will be awesome if they can pull it off. I have faith in Big Blue Box.

Toonz
12-06-2001, 06:23 PM
I choose " Other " I am eagerly awaiting " Wreckless " First off the game idea sounds like a blast to me. Second I read in the new OXM that they recieved DOA3 and Early version of Wreckless on the same day. In there own words " On the same day we played DOA3 on HDTV in our office for the first time, we also played this, which was almost enough to make us forget about Tecmo's beauty. Why ? Because it was simply the most amazing use of console hardware we've ever seen.

They claim that the game can render 300 modeled vehicles all at once complete with physics and AI.

Frostberg
12-06-2001, 06:30 PM
Ill take MGSX because it was hands down the best game on the PSX I ever played!

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 06:39 PM
You guys all have to admit, this is a pretty challenging poll especially since you have to only pick one! All of these games seriously rock! :D

Slider1981
12-06-2001, 07:02 PM
Maximus,
Where is my most awaited game, i had to choose other because u left out my game: Battlefield 1942. I cant believe you forgot, nice poll anyways!

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Slider1981
Maximus,
Where is my most awaited game, i had to choose other because u left out my game: Battlefield 1942. I cant believe you forgot, nice poll anyways!

Good point, dude...Sorry about that! Well, atleast Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is on there :D

thedrisc
12-07-2001, 10:57 AM
I had a hard time choosing between ego and medal of honor. I choose ego. I love rpgs and this one sounds like it is going to last me a long time. medal of honor will be a blast but problay will not have the replay value that ego will.

good poll max

beer and bliss

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by thedrisc

beer and bliss

Thanks Drisc...I had to quote you...nice combo :D Especially the "beer" part...bliss always follows :D

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 11:38 AM
D a m n!!!!!!! I just realized, I have exactly 1300 posts :eek:

Dude, I need to get some work done :( .................................................................................................... ................................hmm...no I don't :D

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 02:18 PM
I think I should have replaced Bounty Hunter and Hunter: The Reckoning with Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Battlefield 1942. Oh well, it's all good :D

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I think I should have replaced Bounty Hunter and Hunter: The Reckoning with Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Battlefield 1942. Oh well, it's all good :D

Anyone else agree with this?

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 03:21 PM
How many times am I going to have to bump this up? I can tell you...several, if you guys don't share why you picked what you picked! lol

ChessPieceFace
12-07-2001, 03:28 PM
i chose project ego. rpg's are very fun to play ! i kinda feel you get your moneys worth cause they usaully take about 50 hours to beat. that and im tired of FF games it would be nice for some change

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 03:34 PM
I hear ya...FF games are cool, though...In fact, there is going to be a new one coming out for XBox but I don't know when.

I chose Brute Force...and I noticed one other person did, too. But, again, this was an extremely tough decision. In any regard, I plan on buying all of the listed games including Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Battlefield 1942 :D

ChessPieceFace
12-07-2001, 03:37 PM
really a FF on xbox hmm dont know how i feel about it tho... well it will give the pos2 fanboys something to ***** about when it looks better on a xbox !!! hehe

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I choose " Other " I am eagerly awaiting " Wreckless " First off the game idea sounds like a blast to me. Second I read in the new OXM that they recieved DOA3 and Early version of Wreckless on the same day. In there own words " On the same day we played DOA3 on HDTV in our office for the first time, we also played this, which was almost enough to make us forget about Tecmo's beauty. Why ? Because it was simply the most amazing use of console hardware we've ever seen.

They claim that the game can render 300 modeled vehicles all at once complete with physics and AI.

Wow! Sounds interesting, Toonz...I'll keep my eye out for it. I looked back on my rating that I gave it based on the screen shots and minimal information I knew about it...and I gave it a 3 out of 5. Hopefully it will be better...by the sounds of it, you already have me pretty pumped up to check it out :)

Taltoz
12-07-2001, 03:57 PM
I went with Morrowind because I *NEED* a RPG for my box and we don't know the exact release date for ego. If I had a release date of the near to anticipate it might take the top spot for me.

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Taltoz
I went with Morrowind because I *NEED* a RPG for my box and we don't know the exact release date for ego. If I had a release date of the near to anticipate it might take the top spot for me.

Yeah, but, Taltoz, the main point was to choose a game regardless of when it is coming out. Either way, you can't fail...Ego and Morrowind look bad ass! :D

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 04:46 PM
Come one! Come all! Make your vote count!

batman46st
12-07-2001, 05:06 PM
im waiting for more than one game in the poll im waiting for project ego,grand theft auto 3,brute force, metal gear solid x, and ish! load of other games.....

xboxman_1
12-07-2001, 07:54 PM
Holy **** Maximus! Just one? I'm awaiting almost all of those! There are a few I saw in the last OXM that haven't been noticed yet.. Like S.W.A.T: Global Assault and Conflict: Desert Storm. (I'm into FPS) I'm also anxiously awaiting Blood Omen 2. I'm also into the Kain series. (you may have heard of his legacy?) Great poll Maximus!!

gtaplayer
12-08-2001, 10:19 PM
Project Ego??whats that??? its on in front off all the most awaited games how? whats it about? Can anyone link a review??

skoot182
12-08-2001, 10:55 PM
im lookin for ego myself

XboxChump
12-09-2001, 07:50 PM
Well this one was very tough,but i think Progect Ego has it.I also think it will revonutionlize(<---hmmm that dont look right) gaming,far as graphic's,gameplay and pushes the RPG boundrie's higher.I think it will be the first step into future gaming.

FpS_PhReeK
12-10-2001, 04:30 AM
Had to go with Medal of Honor:Allied Assault..... come on look at my user name..... I am a First Person Shooter PhreeK!

PhReeK out!:D

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by XboxChump
Well this one was very tough,but i think Progect Ego has it.I also think it will revonutionlize(<---hmmm that dont look right) gaming,far as graphic's,gameplay and pushes the RPG boundrie's higher.I think it will be the first step into future gaming.

XBoxChump...I will have to say, excellent reasoning here. Very good point. Project Ego is going to set a new benchmark to RPGs just as Halo set a new benchmark for FPSs.

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 02:45 PM
It looks obvious that us XBoxers are yearning for a solid RPG...and it looks like Project Ego is going to fulfill this need :)

XboxChump
12-10-2001, 05:33 PM
Well i think me personally i have been yurning for something like Project Ego for a while,Sure there is some great Rpg's.But there was always something not that tightly fit(as Ego suppose to be),Maybe it be the Battle seq's,Point system,Non-Linear gameplay,Or whatever it may be.I think Ego will put to rest,or at least hoping...

But Brute Force does look awful sweet.Does that suppose to FPS?

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 01:18 PM
I think Brute Force is going to be a 3rd person shooter...even if it is a 1st person shooter, I am buying it! I like either style :D

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 03:10 PM
I am not to excited about Metal GearX,,,,, I know the game has rocked in the past,,,, and I am sure that it will be entertaining on the Xbox, but I have read a couple places that Metal GearX will basically consist of the first release that was on the PS-One and some additional portions from their new release MG2-SOL,,, the game will not be a 'New' product and therefore will not be as groundbreaking, and willnot take advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox.

At this point it looks like Konami is more interested in porting its previous sucesses to the Xbox instead of creating new games or games that are truely able to show off the power of our "Green Eyed Lady."

I predict that we will see the rise of new developers, developers that are set on raising the benchmark for our platform. The Xbox represents the future of gaming let us not focus our intrests to much on the past.

Oh bye the way........ Brute Force looks awesome,,, check my post in the 'New Release' section... that game is set to wow us all.

PhReeK out!

MegamanX
12-11-2001, 04:01 PM
Wow, I can't pick... ummmm.. I choose umm.... MetalGearSolid X (4sho)

1337h4x
12-11-2001, 04:13 PM
GTA3 no doubt about it, I have the 1st one (the London 1969 one...i think its tha 1st) and the 2nd one on my PS. I love them to death, I dont even do the jobs I juss lead the cops on one helluva chase making them splash into water and making the cars explode from hitting a building. The Tank is the best feature in GTA2 rolling over cars and shooting the poor cars below with your gun, I cannot wait to play GTA3 hours on end.

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 05:53 PM
If I could add Battlefield 1942 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein to this list, this would be the ultimate poll of torture for deciding only one game :D

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 03:37 PM
Wow, it appears that Project Ego is the winner...I have to admit, this game really has me extremely pumped eventhough I chose Brute Force, just in case anyone missed :D

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Wow, it appears that Project Ego is the winner...I have to admit, this game really has me extremely pumped eventhough I chose Brute Force, just in case anyone missed :D

Don't feel bad Max. I voted for Morrowind which only had one more vote than your Brute Force. No biggie though. All the games look great.

huskerman
12-12-2001, 05:34 PM
definitely project ego.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 05:39 PM
lol, Taltoz...I don't feel bad...Project Ego is going to rock! But, I believe Marrowind and Brute Force are going to be amazing as well...I heard a review about Brute Force rivaling, if not, beating Halo! I hope they are right because Halo is amazing!

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Taltoz

Don't feel bad Max. I voted for Morrowind which only had one more vote than your Brute Force. No biggie though. All the games look great.

I voted for Morrowind, too. :)

JeremyX
12-13-2001, 12:16 AM
This was the hardest decision. I had to pick Metal Gear Solid X for two reasons. First it's a good game and second, I would love to see all those PS2 fanboys mouths drop when they see that not only did we get the game, we have improved graphics and hopefully extra features to the gameplay.

For now, Raw is War is my must have title.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 06:54 PM
Man, this poll is intense...Vote now, gentlemen!! Oops, and Shannon-XBA :D

RudedogX
12-14-2001, 01:12 PM
well, I guess I'm going against the grain here...I have never played a RPG, so I really can't get excited about them yet (maybe when I play EGO i'll change my mind)! So I had to take other. There are really two games that I am looking forward too that aren't on here. Soul Caliber 2 and Mortal Kombat! If I had to choose between those two, I'd have to go for the one that I grew up on, the one that should once again revolutionize how arena fighting is played! Mortal Kombat!:cool:

terrapin
12-14-2001, 01:36 PM
My vote's for Morrowind.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
well, I guess I'm going against the grain here...I have never played a RPG, so I really can't get excited about them yet (maybe when I play EGO i'll change my mind)! So I had to take other. There are really two games that I am looking forward too that aren't on here. Soul Caliber 2 and Mortal Kombat! If I had to choose between those two, I'd have to go for the one that I grew up on, the one that should once again revolutionize how arena fighting is played! Mortal Kombat!:cool:

D a m n! That's music to my ears! I am a hardcore MK fan :D

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:00 AM
**** this was a great poll.....so many great games

gunclub
12-20-2001, 11:31 AM
Gotta be conflict desert storm for my vote,can`t wait to see what the xb can do with my surround sound and the cruise missile!!!
and to get back in from the pub and call in air strikes on enemy positions,my neighbours are gonna love it!!!
gunclub.

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by smack119
**** this was a great poll.....so many great games

Thanks, dude :) If I could have, I would have added Conflict: Desert Storm, Battlefield 1942, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and perhaps a couple Rally car games like Rallisport Challenge and Collin McCrae :D But, I only had 10 poll options...it's all good, though :D