PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft should make a NASCAR game.

Bigwig
05-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Really thats the only thing we are missing from EAs online series. Fever is gaining on Madden and Top Spin is on my most wanted list with the cool seasons and rankings set up on XBS. I been with a company thats on the brink of working on a boxing title and XBS is really turning heads.

ARONO129
05-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I read that EA will own all the rights to Nascar so they are the only company that will make games for I'm not sure how long. That's bad news. The story was in my local newsparer a few weeks ago.

I would like to see MS put out a WWII air combat game. Air combat games are sorely missing from the lineup. Air Force Delta Storm was reported to be a low quality game and from the little I've heard about Top Gun it's probably bad too.

Bigwig
05-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Hey you do have Crimson Skies and thats on Live. The NASCA deal must be a steal for EA but if Microsoft started now they could have a NASCAR game for XB 2 right around the time the deal is out.

ARONO129
05-15-2003, 08:52 PM
I heard the name but didn't think twice about it. I'm going to look info up now. Thanks.

BCan
05-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Nothing written by EA will have Live support, so forget the dreams of an EA game being online and full of fun - they don't like that they don't have control of the servers (READ: They can't disable LIVE support for old games, forcing people to buy the new game)

I thought it was Sierra who does the Nascar Season games, and not EA.............

Bigwig
05-16-2003, 11:27 AM
^^ Thats why I said Microsoft should make Fever better then Madden and work on a NASCAR game. Then nobody would care about EA sports.

Zion
05-16-2003, 02:27 PM
I don't think EA holds exclusive rights to Nascar, as Papyrus does the Nascar games on PC and Infogrames does Nascar Heat for PS2 and Xbox.

As a side note....it's worth the purchase price of a Gamecube just to play Dirt to Daytona. It's incredible. I don't know why the idiots won't bring it to Xbox.

Bigwig
05-16-2003, 02:36 PM
not just Xbox but on that new sports network that sets up seasons rankings and turnaments