PDA

View Full Version : someone explain what Fable is about

kylman49
05-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Could I have an explanation from a person that has reveiwed Fable? What is it about? I have no clue but I have heard lots of excitement.

I would appreciate any post(s) explaining the least about the game.

:hail:

No Fear 23
05-15-2003, 08:45 PM
fable is a RPG and it would prolly be the best RPG on Xbox as well as all the other consoles. u can pretty much do anything in the game and u will start off as a child and reach into the adulthood as u play through the game. i think its that.

neway, why the brute force poll?

o well, i prolly would rent that game neway. why? bc of no LIVE. :cuss:

ARONO129
05-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Whoa. A trick thread that sucks ya into voting. Hmmm. Never thought of that.:watchout:

LynxFX
05-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Well we will have a full writeup of Fable very soon but until then I'll give you a dose of what we personally saw at E3.

Fable, formerly Project Ego (a title that makes a lot more sense now) is an RPG that removes all of the geekiness of former RPG's which is what keeps them from going mainstream. This may sound like a bad move to those 'geeks' but it couldn't been done any better than the way the Fable team has done it. I hate RPG's and this game became one of my must buys. So gone are the +11 against fire and +33 strength.

The story starts not as a child but rather someone in their late teens. You arrive at this town as a complete no body. Your motive for being there is to investigate the death of your parents. But that is just a side story. The driving force behind what you do in this game deals directly with the town and the people in it. The whole town is based on heros or in todays terms "celebrities". Your goal is to become one. Make sure everyone knows you and either loves you for all of the great deeds you have done or is too afraid to not love you.

So as you go through you gain a following and learn stuff from these people. It is very dynamic on how the whole town reacts to you and quite impressive and fun as well.

Your appearance changes with the way you act, so if you always use your sword in battle you will grow stronger muscles and of course back hair. If all you do is eat pie you will get fat and quite a stomach on you. If you use your brain you get male pattern baldness. If you go evil, you will start to get dark circles around your eyes and flies may even gather around you.

But that is just a taste of the stuff you can do. This game is going to blow away all RPG's including the much overly praised Final Fantasy series.

BTW, moving this to the correct forum.