PDA

View Full Version : Half-life 2

JJaX
05-16-2003, 02:00 AM
I just watched the 4 new movies over at IGN showing off Half-life 2, and this game is very very impressive. (20 minutes worth of gameplay)

The rag doll effects are sick. And the levels and enviroments actually effect gameplay. Everything from cars to dumpsters can be used as a weapon.

I guess you have to see the movies to see what im saying.

Brevity? Maybe you can try to get some mirrors for these movies like you did for the halo 2 in game demo. This game deserves just as much attention.

l Maximus l
05-16-2003, 02:08 AM
I'm definately planning on getting this game the day it comes out. I mean, what FPS fan would pass up this game on XBox...especially considering it's on XBox Live?

This game is going to be huge...really huge

JJaX
05-16-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I'm definately planning on getting this game the day it comes out. I mean, what FPS fan would pass up this game on XBox...especially considering it's on XBox Live?

This game is going to be huge...really huge

Max! Go watch these movies now! I command you!!!!

Half-life is an amazing single player game. And HL2 looks like its going to set the bar again.

This game looks sick

l Maximus l
05-16-2003, 02:16 AM
I'm not an IGN Insider...I would if I could. I loved the first Half Life...there's no way in Hell that I wouldn't like this one. Damn, dude...it's an FPS! The D.D.C. owns on GR, owns on RTCW, and will own on Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield...and definately will own on Half Life 2. You seeing a pattern here? :D

Brevity
05-16-2003, 07:11 AM
NoNO I have seen this and wow I agree its killer. Not Doom or Halo IMO but killer. Lots of peps over at TXB are calling this the game of the show. I dont see it that way but w/e. NE way I have yet to hear about this on XBL even though I know its going to be on it. Also I am a sucker for vehicles in multi please tell me thats comming Valve?

No Fear 23
05-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I'm not an IGN Insider...I would if I could. I loved the first Half Life...there's no way in Hell that I wouldn't like this one. Damn, dude...it's an FPS! The D.D.C. owns on GR, owns on RTCW, and will own on Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield...and definately will own on Half Life 2. You seeing a pattern here? :D

patterns about to break :rofl:

i havent seen ya playing RTCW yet. but so far out of everybody on my friends list, i am on the top. :cheers: but anyway, i dont car about stats tho, but as long as my team wins, its all good

Snoopy7548
05-16-2003, 02:09 PM
i will own the ddc on any game:D :D

Bigwig
05-16-2003, 02:21 PM
http://math-test.mat.jhu.edu/public/halflife2_pce32003_2dn_qt.mov

wowsels E3 winner fo sho

Snoopy7548
05-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
http://math-test.mat.jhu.edu/public/halflife2_pce32003_2dn_qt.mov

oh...my...god...this game is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. holy sh*t i gotta get this game. :yikes: :yikes:

Xeon
05-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Link isnt working for me :(

JJaX
05-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

i havent seen ya playing RTCW yet. but so far out of everybody on my friends list, i am on the top. :cheers: but anyway, i dont car about stats tho, but as long as my team wins, its all good

Thats why you have more deaths than kills huh? :cool:

JJaX
05-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Movies here

http://www.ejoop.com/pcgames/halflife/

Bigwig
05-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Xeon
Link isnt working for me :(

it takes time

Xeon
05-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I guess my thread is dead cuz JJax posted my link here :(

Steve1987
05-16-2003, 06:16 PM
I replied with Thanks, you will be happy to know that your link is now all over my favourite forums. (Might be unhappy)

Great find Xeon :cheers:

Diddy
05-16-2003, 07:40 PM
i watched a short one from IGn and it still looked cool. And its coming to Xbox as well??? If so I gotta get it and CS!

JJaX
05-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Xeon
I guess my thread is dead cuz JJax posted my link here :(

1st off i found the link on my own, i had no clue you had posted it.

2nd of all, if you knew a thread was going, why make another?

Xeon
05-16-2003, 09:01 PM
my bad.

Shadow20002
05-16-2003, 10:33 PM
This game is sick, very sick !! The environments are totally interactive. New weapon that can pick up objects and block bullets. Impressive. :wink:

No Fear 23
05-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Thats why you have more deaths than kills huh? :cool:

lol, u gotta know better than that. i dont sit back and wait for someone to come across in front of me and shoot them like in GR. im always going to places where bunch of those sissies dont want to go and that is where im always ended up getting killed.

when im trying to complete and objective, i tend to forget about kills and just focus on winning in my style while other ppl on my team (not the g-unit clan members. random ppl that is) are worring too much about being embarrased about that they might end up with a higher death count than kills count .:eek:

u should see my kills in UC. (no bots killing):cheers:

off course i aint braggin or nething:eek:

l Maximus l
05-17-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

Dude...we played the first day...and the second day...it was only on my server...lol

Man, I hope you have improved in your skills...we all can see that your memory hasn't ;) hehe

But, then again, that's why you're in the G-Unit..>BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!