PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the 2k4 games

Rooster
05-16-2003, 09:55 AM
From all the research that I have done so far the 2k4 series looks to finally take the crown in the masses from EA. Mainly in football and basketball. I would like to know what everyone has dug up so far.
I have found that nba2k4 will be faster, better passing, animations, post moves, more espn just too name a few. I also am jacked for nfl2k4. Sega said they have improved the graphics even more (Lighting effects ala Splinter cell), fixed the passing, blocking, running, re did franchise (thought that was great), added extras, even more espn. Hell they even re did the play calling menus and regular menus!!! Every screen shot I have seen at the early stages backs up the graphical claims so far and the gameplay I have no doubt is accurately corrected. DO not get me wrong I have the 2k3 series and love them, they were the closest thing too perfection int he past 3 years in my opinoin. However all sports guys know there were some issues there that held them back. My research says those have been taken out and Sega holds the crown for sports games this year, what does everyone else think? Please back up what you are saying also.

RyoTheWanderer
05-24-2003, 09:11 PM
i want to try out the nfl 2k4, i loves me some nfl

ash
05-27-2003, 04:40 PM
i was reading up on nfl 2k4 also and found out that there is an advanced move (right analog). something about juke moves before you actually do it. didn't really understand, but it sounds cool to me. i believe that you can do a series of moves before the first is completed (spin, then halfway through it, press stiff arm and he does it as soon as the spin is done?)

there's also power moves. hold down the turbo button and then the player icon will light up then whatever move you press (spin, turbo, stiff arm) will be more powerful.

YOU CAN FINALLY CHALLENGE CALLS !!!!!

sega promises no more money plays and more realistic receptions.

nhl 2k4 is basically the same great play control with super graphics boost. they also made it a bit easier to score goals so we can expect 3-2 games insead of scoreless shutouts.

Series3
05-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Bah, football sucks. ;)

Basketball is where it's at. As long as NBA2K4 has online play, Im game.

Dream Theater
06-08-2003, 08:00 AM
IMO, The 2k series took the crown when the first one was released on dreamcast. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay is absolutely stellar.

Pipetender
06-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Dream Theater
IMO, The 2k series took the crown when the first one was released on dreamcast. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay is absolutely stellar.

NHL 2K3 graphics are a joke.

The Riddler
06-08-2003, 09:02 AM
I hope the miss catches (when you are hit on the shoe string) is corrected also. I think that will be the greatest improvement in this game CATCHING!!!!

Robflare
06-11-2003, 12:25 PM
There really is not a question of which game is the right choice when it comes to basketball. NBA 2k3 is a great game and it really just needed some minor adjustments. Graphics and gameplay are superior and XBOX Live takes it over the top.

NFL is a little harder to call. I bought NFL 2k3 last year and really like the game better than Madden. The controls are tighter--when I press dive, the defender dives, jump, my running back jumps....The stadiums had better detail than Madden last year, but the grass was horrible. Playcalling is being fixed finally and I heard that grass will actually look like grass this year. Madden's only upside that I have heard about for me is being able to have your receiver break off his route. That sounds pretty cool. If I owned PS2, which I don't, I would rent both games before buying. XBOX Live is really the kicker again--so I have to say NFL 2k4/ESPN Football is the way to go. I just wish these guys would get a clue on marketing their game. I'm sick of guys coming over to my house and saying where's Madden? One thing I would definitely do is post the ratings score by these sights from last year on the commercials. Brag for crying out loud!!! Also, they should really try to get ESPN to incorporate the game into Prime Time and pre game shows, like MNF does with Madden.

MetalSludge
07-28-2003, 08:29 AM
Sounds like I will have to give NFL 2K4 a try this year. As just comming over from the PC gaming world the only option we had was Madden.

Robflare
07-28-2003, 08:47 AM
You've got nothing to lose. Rent Madden and play it for a week and rent 2k4 in December. It will take you a couple of days to adjust to the speed but you might like it a lot. I was really surprised.

MetalSludge
07-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Is it gonna be until December until NFL2k4 comes out?

Robflare
07-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Whoops. My bad. September 2nd. Actually, that gives you time to rent Fever as well. Although, it's a little on the arcadey side. Check out www.nfl2kx.com.

ARONO129
08-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Pipetender

NHL 2K3 graphics are a joke.

They were the worst I have seen in an Xbox game. Too bad because the AI was perfect. I traded that game in.

As for NFL games this year I will probably buy Madden '04. I played NFL 2K3 (Alien looking players with bad camera angles) and NFL Fever 2003 (Looks great but who want's to win 55-7 on the hardest setting). I hate supporting EA because of no LIVE but the AI in Madden was great.

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah after playing the demo of espn football i think I might have to go with madden again this year. Been considering getting it for a ps2 just for the online but I dont know.

Chaotic
08-08-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by The Riddler
I hope the miss catches (when you are hit on the shoe string) is corrected also. I think that will be the greatest improvement in this game CATCHING!!!!

sorry to say but it's not :cuss: it's improved but still bad.