PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft 2 Confirmed?

Knight
05-16-2003, 10:29 AM
StarCraft 2 Confirmed? [09:09 am]
40 Comments - jason bergman
During my demonstration of StarCraft: Ghost yesterday afternoon, an interesting slip-up by a Nihilistic representative may have confirmed what we've all been hoping for a long time now...that StarCraft 2 may very well be in development, or at least pre-production. What exactly did I hear? I was told that the storyline in StarCraft: Ghost picks up, "right after Brood War," and starts things, "that will continue later on in StarCraft 2." This is hardly proof that the game is in development...but something's going on at Blizzard, and with any luck it's good news for StarCraft fans.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/26529

Shadow20002
05-17-2003, 10:45 AM
If there a sequel for Starcraft, then it's sure to be on PC firstly. And don't even think about there will be aport to any consoles, just because when it's launch, like 2007...the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube is very outdate. :o

Knight
05-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
If there a sequel for Starcraft, then it's sure to be on PC firstly. And don't even think about there will be aport to any consoles, just because when it's launch, like 2007...the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube is very outdate. :o

RTS on consoles suck, you need a mouse for RTS's.

And yes it's coming only to the PC/Mac.

I see maybe a late fall/winter 2004 if they used warcraft3 eng.

But it's a Bliz game so it's going to be 2005.

Right now it's just pre-production with art work being done for it and only after the Warcraft3 add-on is done will the programming start. I'm that pre-production is under way for Diablo3 and programming will start after they are done WOW.

NomadLLama
08-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Knight

RTS on consoles suck, you need a mouse for RTS's.

And yes it's coming only to the PC/Mac.

I see maybe a late fall/winter 2004 if they used warcraft3 eng.

But it's a Bliz game so it's going to be 2005.

Right now it's just pre-production with art work being done for it and only after the Warcraft3 add-on is done will the programming start. I'm that pre-production is under way for Diablo3 and programming will start after they are done WOW.

knight.. u kiddin? 2005?? psshhhyeeeaa right. i say 2006/2007. and they WONT use the war3 engine. NO WAY IN HELL. we know bliz and they WON'T do that... but the sc2 engine may be built off the war3 engine.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Star Craft is an awsome game.I love it.