PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Controllers for XBOX

andleigh
12-06-2001, 04:23 PM
Has anybody tried any 3rd party controllers for XBOX?, i bought a controller from Pelican at CompUSA. This controller is slower than the microsoft controller, i.e if i use a microsoft controller, i can hit the guy who is using the pelican controller before he hits me, when we both click at the same time. I tried all the combinations and Pelican was clearly slow.
I would like to know if anybody has tried any other controllers and what their views are.

ronin_matt
12-07-2001, 07:23 AM
i bought the advanced control pad from madcatx, and i find that it's not as good as the microsoft controller. the action buttons on it are extremely unresponsive, which really annoys me. however, this is the only problem which i can find on the controller. it is very confortable, but once again, the responsiveness doesn't compare to first-party controllers.

SciFi
12-09-2001, 10:12 PM
I also disliked the Madcatz...
It feals cmfortable till you go to play

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 05:07 PM
I never go 3rd party when it comes to controllers. Imagine going to your buddy's house and your forget your 3rd party controller and you play on his XBox and he only has the Genuine XBox controllers. Then, imagine playing games with the Genuine XBox controllers and not being used them because you are used to the 3rd party controllers...and this is a game that you are normally good at.

That type of situation bugs me more than anything about 3rd party controllers. I never thought that the button response would have been an issue with them...It just confirms to me never to purchase a 3rd party controller just because of saving a few bucks. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Ninja Scroll
12-10-2001, 05:19 PM
I never bought 3rd party controller in my life either. I just have never trusted them at all. plus you always want to play with the same controller as your friends and what do they normally have? the offical one.
speaking of offical controllers, what's up with Microsoft and that high prices 50 pound $40 controller?
D@amn, $10 more bills and I can get another game, ggeezzz!

Oh yeah, all my friends know that until the first of the year, they had better bring their own Xbox controllers cause I aint bout to cough up 40 this year!!

Call it cheap, I call it being careful with my cheese!

skoot182
12-10-2001, 05:31 PM
I am always sticking with my first party controller, even though its $40

Tempest87X
12-10-2001, 05:34 PM
EGM and oxm said the gamester vortex is as good as the ms controller