PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is not comming to Xbox because...

PaulWall
05-16-2003, 11:08 PM
MGA3 is not comming to xbox because of one obvious reason. Splinter Cell kicked its a** when it came to xbox sales. They dropped substance to 20$ in a short period of time, what does that tell us? That it was a cheap port trying to make money by upgrading a few things. Oh well, i have a ps2 anyway.

Knight
05-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Just wait for Splinter Cell2.

PaulWall
05-16-2003, 11:19 PM
I am going to wait for it al right. I will be p-i-ssed off if the ps2 gets it too.

Knight
05-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by PaulWall
I am going to wait for it al right. I will be p-i-ssed off if the ps2 gets it too.

I bet you just like the first one the XBox version will not be a port of the ps2 version because if they do that the sales will suck on the XBox. XBox owners are not big fans of ps2 ports.

VenoM
05-16-2003, 11:48 PM
MGA3 is not comming to xbox because of one obvious reason. Splinter Cell kicked its a** when it came to xbox sales. They dropped substance to 20$ in a short period of time, what does that tell us? That it was a cheap port trying to make money by upgrading a few things. Oh well, i have a ps2 anyway.

the metal gear story and gameplay is better then splintercell imo...splintercell is great and graphics are amazing(loved the game) but its nothing like metal gear solid(gameplay/storywise/depth)....and the reason mgs2sub dropped in price quick was cause sons of liberty was already a year old after sub came out.....overall splintercell hasnt become as big as metal gear (yet) and plus solid snake ownzzzz sam fisher :D and your nuts if you think konami isnt porting mgs3 over to the xbox....they'll do it even more knowing how well splintercell sold on xbox and since they released mgs2 sub wouldnt they release 3 since they sort of have a mgs fanbase on the xbox that played part 2 and are now waiting for part 3...might not come out at the same time as the ps2 but will probably come 6 months to a year after......either way snake eater will be on xbox.....im sure hoping konami remakes metal gear the original since the old nes one is alittle screwy...the translation from japanese to english was hideous....that game is crying for a remake...hope it happens atleast exclusive on the gamecube since metal gear solid 1 is being remade why not metal gear and even metal gear 2:solid snake....the one that never made it to the usa :)

Liquid Gears
05-17-2003, 01:38 AM

Think about how much longer MGS2 was released compared to Splinter Cell. Duhhh.........it was released over a year before Spinter Cell even came out. Maybe that could be why the price dropped. Ever think of that chump?

Your a moron kid. Splinter Cell is boring as hell. I've got both games and I never play Splinter Cell. Sorry, I think I'll pass buying SC2.

Hey buddy, why don't you search the net for the price comparisons from when each game was first released. That means Spinter Cell from release day onward compared to MGS: Sons of Liberty for the PS2 onward. Yeah, you forgot to think about the sales Sons of Liberty made on the Playstation. The game wasn't first released on the XBox you know.

y2kash_14
05-17-2003, 03:40 AM
So this is a fact...or you're just taking a wild geuss. This doesn't seem like a logical reason to not release a game on a certain system. So...if Madden out sells NFL 2k3 by a large margin...you think that they would quit with NFL 2k3?

Shadow20002
05-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Anyway, we won't get Metal Gear Solid 3. But for Splinter Cell 2, every consoles will get it, even the PC. Ubisoft don't want it to be exclusive on Xbox. They try to get more money when release on any platforms. :watchout:

Wolf
05-17-2003, 12:00 PM
i liked substance better because you didnt have to be sneaky all of the time.

wbio
05-17-2003, 03:47 PM
I don't think Konami would keep MGS 3 from Xbox because a brand new game outsold their year old game. I think that konami will release MGS 3 for all platforms unless they sign some deal with Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo.

btw, I liked MGS 2 more than SC

PaulWall
05-17-2003, 04:21 PM
"Think about how much longer MGS2 was released compared to Splinter Cell. Duhhh.........it was released over a year before Spinter Cell even came out. Maybe that could be why the price dropped. Ever think of that chump?

Your a moron kid. Splinter Cell is boring as hell. I've got both games and I never play Splinter Cell. Sorry, I think I'll pass buying SC2.

Hey buddy, why don't you search the net for the price comparisons from when each game was first released. That means Spinter Cell from release day onward compared to MGS: Sons of Liberty for the PS2 onward. Yeah, you forgot to think about the sales Sons of Liberty made on the Playstation. The game wasn't first released on the XBox you know."

We'll, I aprecciate your comment "kid", but all I was trying to say is that MGS3 would be alot better on the xbox. Yes, I have a ps2 and I do know what the MGS series has done for the PS2. I did not ask you dumb a** if u were going to buy SC2, bye the way i am not your "buddy." What the fu-ck is that supposed to mean? Yeah, I will bye MGS3 the day it comes out, I am just mad that xbox always seems to get PS2's leftover games.:cuss:

JJaX
05-17-2003, 06:47 PM
I thought MGS2 was very repetative. It got old fast.

I beat it as fast as i could so i could return it.

But MGS3 looks cool.

How can you say MGS2 is better than SC?

Freaks....

VeNoMiZA
05-18-2003, 02:05 PM
"Think about how much longer MGS2 was released compared to Splinter Cell. Duhhh.........it was released over a year before Spinter Cell even came out. Maybe that could be why the price dropped. Ever think of that chump?

Hey buddy, why don't you search the net for the price comparisons from when each game was first released. That means Spinter Cell from release day onward compared to MGS: Sons of Liberty for the PS2 onward. Yeah, you forgot to think about the sales Sons of Liberty made on the Playstation. The game wasn't first released on the XBox you know."

We'll, I aprecciate your comment "kid", but all I was trying to say is that MGS3 would be alot better on the xbox. Yes, I have a ps2 and I do know what the MGS series has done for the PS2. I did not ask you dumb a** if u were going to buy SC2, bye the way i am not your "buddy." What the fu-ck is that supposed to mean? Yeah, I will bye MGS3 the day it comes out, I am just mad that xbox always seems to get PS2's leftover games.:cuss: yea... im going to "bye" metal geaR 3, im leaving now "buy-buy"

Emperor Pilaf
05-18-2003, 04:12 PM
I happen to be a BIG, BIG fan of Metal Gear. I bought MGS2:Substance and it wasn't a PS2 port because it came out for XBox first. I hope MGS 3 comes to XBox because Splinter Cell sucks ass.:argue1:

VenoM
05-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Pilaf
I happen to be a BIG, BIG fan of Metal Gear. I bought MGS2:Substance and it wasn't a PS2 port because it came out for XBox first. I hope MGS 3 comes to XBox because Splinter Cell sucks ass.:argue1:

sorry but mgs2sub was a port...all it was is sons of liberty which is a port and the other vr training stuff which were done on the ps2 all they did was hold off from releasing the ps2 version and instead released the xbox version first since i guess ms paid them too but once the exclusive time was up they went ahead and released the ps2 version....mgs2 and mgs2sub is nothing much then a port...i must say though...i think metal gear solid 2 is the best looking ps2 game imo and metal gear solid 3 is looking great so i dont mind mgs ports on xbox but i know it could of been done much better if they were done on xbox first......they say metal gear solid twin snakes (gamecube exclusive) looks better then metal gear solid 2.......gee i wonder why?? maybe cause gamcube is more powerful then the ps2 and was done using GC hardware........and splintercell was great it did not suck!! :cuss: metal gear solid just has a deeper more movie type story which i love

Piccolo_DBz
05-18-2003, 05:51 PM
If thats true, MS should really try to maje SC2 an exclusive.

Liquid Gears
05-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Pilaf

I couldn't have said it better myself

Steve1987
05-18-2003, 08:04 PM
From what i can remember from the video, all Sony and Konami said was that Metal Gear Solid 3 would be on the PS2 first, which is exactly what they said about MGS:2 so it will probably be released a year after with a few extras.
But considering MGS:3 isn't out on the PS2 until 2004, that means Xbox owners may have to wait til 2005 or longer. :cuss:

As for the Gamecube version, i am a little disappointed of the footage so far. Nintendo seems to have added a cartoony look to the graphics, which is a shame as the Gamecube has the power to do better. :argue1:

That's the only gripe i have against the Gamecube at the moment, everyone says it's not a kiddies console, but so far everygame i've played has a kiddie feel to it. Could some GC owners point me in the direction of some games that have more of an adult feel??

Cheers

VenoM
05-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Steve1987
From what i can remember from the video, all Sony and Konami said was that Metal Gear Solid 3 would be on the PS2 first, which is exactly what they said about MGS:2 so it will probably be released a year after with a few extras.
But considering MGS:3 isn't out on the PS2 until 2004, that means Xbox owners may have to wait til 2005 or longer. :cuss:

As for the Gamecube version, i am a little disappointed of the footage so far. Nintendo seems to have added a cartoony look to the graphics, which is a shame as the Gamecube has the power to do better. :argue1:

That's the only gripe i have against the Gamecube at the moment, everyone says it's not a kiddies console, but so far everygame i've played has a kiddie feel to it. Could some GC owners point me in the direction of some games that have more of an adult feel??

Cheers

have you tried resiedent evil 0 and resident evil 1 or eternal darkness??? and tell me what does a kiddie game feel like :rolleyes: and how does metal gear solid remake look cartoony????? :eek:

Steve1987
05-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

have you tried resiedent evil 0 and resident evil 1 or eternal darkness??? and tell me what does a kiddie game feel like :rolleyes: and how does metal gear solid remake look cartoony????? :eek:

yes granted there are a number of adult oriented games for the gamecube but you can't deny that the vast majority of nintendo games at least are aimed at children - luigi's mansion, zelda pikmin to name a few. This doesn't make them any less good games and i dont understand why u and many other gamecube owners take offence to people calling them kids games. The fact is the console itself is designed with kids in mind, i mean u hold in the z button when u turn the thing on and a child laughs when the logo comes up, thats not there for a 20 year old is it? :)

As for metal gear solid all i was saying that compared to mgs2 and especially mgs3 the graphics look a lot more simplified and less realistic, especially the enemy soldiers. this doesnt mean that i wont buy it when its released, just that it wasn't what i was expecting especially as the gamecube is capable of better graphics then the ps2.

VenoM
05-19-2003, 07:22 PM

yes granted there are a number of adult oriented games for the gamecube but you can't deny that the vast majority of nintendo games at least are aimed at children - luigi's mansion, zelda pikmin to name a few. This doesn't make them any less good games and i dont understand why u and many other gamecube owners take offence to people calling them kids games. The fact is the console itself is designed with kids in mind, i mean u hold in the z button when u turn the thing on and a child laughs when the logo comes up, thats not there for a 20 year old is it? :)

As for metal gear solid all i was saying that compared to mgs2 and especially mgs3 the graphics look a lot more simplified and less realistic, especially the enemy soldiers. this doesnt mean that i wont buy it when its released, just that it wasn't what i was expecting especially as the gamecube is capable of better graphics then the ps2.

i take offense when people call kiddie what they dont know is kiddie.....they call a game kiddie cause its non-violent and colorful....i bet you never even played any of the games you said.....pikmin kiddie?....id like to see a kid get through that game and as for zelda not just any kid can get through that game...its not an easy game for a kid same goes for pikmin....both games have intense puzzle solving...play them yourself and see...as for the new mgs..i wouldnt judge just yet....they said its better graphically then mgs2...gotta wait and see clear full motion vids to judge from but either way what i seen it looks great....either way all systems have so called kiddie games so why is nintendo always getting ripped for it....xbox and ps2 have there share of them too.....xbox is getting a barbie game.....now thats kiddie....but will i hate xbox for it...no way

EHWfedPres
05-19-2003, 08:12 PM
I think that the superior technology is intimidating the developers...I bet they are thinking about how bland they can make the textures on metal gear solid 4 while listening to their 8-tracks...:watchout:

Steve1987
05-20-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by VenoM

i take offense when people call kiddie what they dont know is kiddie.....they call a game kiddie cause its non-violent and colorful....i bet you never even played any of the games you said.....pikmin kiddie?....id like to see a kid get through that game and as for zelda not just any kid can get through that game...its not an easy game for a kid same goes for pikmin....both games have intense puzzle solving...play them yourself and see...as for the new mgs..i wouldnt judge just yet....they said its better graphically then mgs2...gotta wait and see clear full motion vids to judge from but either way what i seen it looks great....either way all systems have so called kiddie games so why is nintendo always getting ripped for it....xbox and ps2 have there share of them too.....xbox is getting a barbie game.....now thats kiddie....but will i hate xbox for it...no way

Never played any of those games? uhm i own both pikmin and zelda and have rented out luigi's mansion. I dont think that theses games are for kids because there non - violent. i think there for kids because of the colourful graphics as u said but mainly the storylines of them. I mean in zelda u play as an 8 year old kid trying to rescue his little sister. Whos going to be able to relate best to that character, my guess would be a person of around the same age. thats not to say that someone older cant enjoy these games as i think i've said before but it also doesnt change the fact that they werent designed with u as the main user in mind.
It seems to me that the only problem u have is that i accept that these games are mainly for kids & u dont. All i can say to that is that ignorance is bliss, isnt it? :)

Your right by the way, the xbox and ps2 do have a number of kids games to, the difference being that both of these have a much larger catalogue of games where the majority are for older people. Also look at the games that are advertised on tv for these consoles compared to the gamecube. i think that is where the answer lies as to why the gamecube is percieved as a kids console by joe public.

jga
05-20-2003, 06:05 PM
mgs:twin snakes isnt kiddie it just looks different because konami isnt developing it, silikon knights is developing.
and have you seen the trailer, what ninja does isnt kiddie.

anyway, here is a list of non kiddie games

killer 7- the most violent game i have seen in any console
resident evil 4-the scariest resident evil game ever
eternall darkness
resident evil 1, 0 , 2, 3 and code veronica x
project number 3
geist-exclusive(fps)most see
metroid prime
metal gear twin snakes
f-zero
too human

and those are just a few and exclusives

VenoM
05-20-2003, 06:35 PM

i think there for kids because of the colourful graphics

i guess all cell shaded games are kiddie then :rolleyes: .......and have you actually gone through pikmin and zelda?? have you beat them cause if you have you wouldnt be calling the puzzle solving and gameplay kiddie....the story lines are clean non-violent stories.....does that make it kiddie? i dont get how that makes it kiddie....i just dont understand.......to me kiddie is something like a barbie, barney, sesame street game....how does a game thats good for all ages make it kiddie...who said you have to relate to the game character in order to play a game :huh: yea i can really relate to a big heavy green armored guy shooting aliens...yes we can all relate to him

Steve1987
05-21-2003, 06:46 AM
and have you actually gone through pikmin and zelda?? have you beat them cause if you have you wouldnt be calling the puzzle solving and gameplay kiddie

Lol, first i don't own the games, now your saying i haven't finished them, oh well whatever. I never said the games weren't good for all ages by the way just that they're mainly aimed at children, (by that i mean under 13, not 5 as your suggesting).

Yeah i get your point anout the storyline thing but isn't zelda an rpg? Surely the whole point of these games is to get into the role of the character, hence the name. :)
Why keep comparing to the xbox anyway? if i was saying the xbox was bettter i'd do a thread in the versus forums along with all the other idiots.

Anyway cheers for the list of games, I got the remake of resident evil the other week & think its great.