PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Xbox Steering Wheel??

Flood
05-17-2003, 12:25 AM
i've been playing Burnout 2 non-stop lately, but i cant play for too long because my right finger gets sore after holding the right trigger(gas) for too long. so im comtemplating investing in a steering wheel for the xbox. does anyone know any good ones? any to avoid? any help will be much appreciated

Flood

Boomer
05-17-2003, 12:51 AM
Don't get a mad Catz :cheers:

l Maximus l
05-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Check out Best Buy...they have some good ones there. But, before doing that, try this: use your middle finger to hold down the right trigger. I'm being dead serious...give it a whirl and let me know what you think. It solved all my problems with racers.

Flood
05-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Check out Best Buy...they have some good ones there. But, before doing that, try this: use your middle finger to hold down the right trigger. I'm being dead serious...give it a whirl and let me know what you think. It solved all my problems with racers.

hmmm ill give that a try later...ill let you know the results...thanks Max!

Viper87227
05-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Don't get a mad Catz :cheers:

why not? I had a matcatz and it was awesome. I ended up trading it cause i didnt usre it, but its still probably the best wheel out there. Its comfortable, works on lap or desk, has great petals, has shifter lever, has all other buttons from the controler cept for the push analog down, and it has ajustable deazone and programability right on the wheel, and that nifty light thing so you can see if you got the gas press all the way. And get the universal one, its only $10 more than the system specific ones, and it works on xbox, PS2, PS1, and gamecube. Even if you only have xbox right now, doesnt hurt to have the multi system compatability just incase you do get another system :cheers:

Fred Gasman
05-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Madcatz makes great stuff now. Have you seen the microCON controller, it puts the S controller to sleep.
I've owned the MC2 Race Wheel for over a year, and it's still solid as a rock. GET IT!
Reasons:
1. You don't need a desk, it sits on your lap. You dont need to clamp it to anything, just sit back.
2. Super quality strength plastic (Strong as hell)
3. Perfect stick shift for PGR (pull back=A, Push forward=X)
4. Powerful vibrators (hehe, I said "vibrators")
5. The only wheel with a memory card slot. (How else are you supposed to talk to people on MM3 and PGR?)
MC2, that's the only way to go.
Madcatz makes great stuff now. I have the Ultra AV kit, 2 microCONs, and an MC2. NO COMPLAINTS!
How's that for a post?:D

Flood
05-17-2003, 10:59 PM
sits on your lap? hmmmm.....it doesnt slide at all? i heard that if wheels arent clamped down, its hard to steer due to them moving around....but like i said, thats just what i heard

Viper87227
05-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
sits on your lap? hmmmm.....it doesnt slide at all? i heard that if wheels arent clamped down, its hard to steer due to them moving around....but like i said, thats just what i heard

even tho i had my MC2 on a desk, i did try the lap thing and i must say it worked out allright. There was a but more movement than on the desk, but it was still easy to use. I would defniatly reccomend putting it on a desk if you got one, but if not it fits very comforatbly on your lap and it is still easy to drive with.

You should def. get this wheel....its makes driving games a bit harder, but also makes them more fun and it will solve your finger problem....I played tokyo xtreem racer zero for about 4 hours straight after getting the wheel and had no discomfort andwhere whatsoever....oh and with the madcatz it opened upa whole new world of manual tranny in my games. Id never use with the wheel i wont play w/o out its more fun and ads more challenge, but the shifter lever is still easily accesable and you can shift while haivng a hand on the wheel and a foot on the gas :D

l Maximus l
05-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey, Flood...have you tried that middle finger idea yet? Do this, of course, in the interim between now and when you get a steering wheel. It works awesome for me...my middle finger is a lot stronger than my index finger...probably because I use my middle finger the most often http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/the_finger.gif

Flood
05-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Hey, Flood...have you tried that middle finger idea yet? Do this, of course, in the interim between now and when you get a steering wheel. It works awesome for me...my middle finger is a lot stronger than my index finger...probably because I use my middle finger the most often http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/the_finger.gif

i tried it today max and i didnt like it....just not comfortable for me...

i think im gonna check out this MC2 wheel....any idea on the price?

Viper87227
05-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA

i tried it today max and i didnt like it....just not comfortable for me...

i think im gonna check out this MC2 wheel....any idea on the price?

well the new microcon MC2 wheels I THINK are $40 and ive seen those at stores before, the reg. MC2 is $50 but i dont think you will find that anywhere other than an online store like ebworld.com, and the universal (Xbox, GC, PS1, PS2) is $60...also only found online.

Fred Gasman
05-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Make sure you get the "MC2" cuz' thats the one with stick shift and the card slot. I know the MicroCON wheel doesn't have those.

http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/images/prod/4520_lg.jpg <- MC2 (the one I got)

http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/images/prod/4530_lg.jpg <- MicroCON Wheel

Gamestop (http://gamestop.com) has great shipping in the US.

Flood
05-19-2003, 05:28 PM
wow...they look nice

Sypher
05-19-2003, 06:26 PM
I also have the MC2 wheel and it kicks ass, the only problem I had was it would get a disconect warrning all the time, If yours starts doing that, just turn the rumble off. It solved mine completely.

Viper87227
05-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Sypher
I also have the MC2 wheel and it kicks ass, the only problem I had was it would get a disconect warrning all the time, If yours starts doing that, just turn the rumble off. It solved mine completely.

i had the universal and never had that problem with the rumble on. The only downside to the wheel is that if you do not like the default dead zone, you can chance it wiht a button on the wheel, but need to do so after every time you turn off your system and when you forget and all of the sudded your mid race it oculd cause problems....so its best to just ajust to the default dead zone

Snapple
05-19-2003, 06:39 PM
yes madcatz is the way to go. I used to hate mad catz but after i used this one thay made is way better quality than there controllers and etc.

I use it for all ny raceing games and i even threw it on the floor a couple times and it still holds out like it did the first day i got it:D

the only problem is the peatles always slide away from you because you slam on the brake or gas to hard. But other than that it all good:cool:

Sypher
05-20-2003, 05:12 PM
originally posted by Xenocide the only problem is the peatles always slide away from you because you slam on the brake or gas to hard. But other than that it all good:cool: [/B]

if you have your pedals on a carpet floor just drop a few screws in the corners and let the show threw the bottom, then cut the extra of the top with a Dremel and it won't slide. Thats what I did, I work like its bolted to the floor, now if my chair would only stop moving! hehee