PDA

View Full Version : Some help in being the best at Halo....

Xeon
05-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Ok I dont know why but there is a local tournament for Halo next Sunday....I signed up for it, and I am already VERY good at Halo, beating legendary and all, but I want to be the best, so I can win the tournament. How could I get better at aiming/ multiplayer strats without anyone else? Because everyone else I know sucks horribly at halo so I cannot really practice off of them. But at the same time I want to master all MP levels for the tournament...hmm...Any suggestions about "training" I guess?

Variation-XBA
05-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Go online and get yer ass handed to you :)

Diddy
05-17-2003, 03:15 PM
well it doesnt help that it lags like a biatch either man. With a shyt load of lag against real good people, i can get 3rd place in Slayer Consistently.

Xeon
05-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Yea I know, I did the whole XB connect thing but it is laggy and I cannot tell if I suck or if its the lag...soo...cant do that there..or else I would. P.s. Anyone else notice the only "really" good people are the ones who host? hmm..maybe they arent really good...thats my point.

No Fear 23
05-17-2003, 09:33 PM
ask silvertrace. he did really good at the tourny he was at and hes a member there.

hes one of the best in halo :cool:

l Maximus l
05-18-2003, 04:26 PM
My recommendations is to sit down and play the multi-player maps...walk the entire perimeter of each map several times until you know where the power ups, weapons, and energy packs are. Those things are vital...

The most vital is to perfect the pistol. If you aim at the head...three shots kills your victim. Also, never forget that you carry grenades.... I know that you know about grenades and stuff, but, be aware of them all the time.

Also, never use the damn rifle unless you're in close range...you're likely to get smoked if you aren't. I realize that it's a medium to short distance weapon, but, if your opponent is carrying a pistol, you're as good as dead. Also, never use the shotgun unless you are close in to your enemy.

Also, try and get the invisibility first, if you are a playing a map like Hang Em High. But, in a tournament, the first thing you want truly want to do is never stop shooting. You want to kills as many people as possible...this is the only way to win at Slayer, as you know.

kylman49
05-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Oh so you are in a tourney. Yeah. Ok here's some tips on different levels and a little strategy. or my thoughts

Blood Gulch- Get the sniper rifle from the fort. Go to the side of the canyon where there is shadows. Ok. that provides good protection because you are more difficult to locate. You should then pick out a place high up with lots of viewing area. Pick your opponents off. There is a ridge and cave and that should provide you with boosts and health.

Longest- Get shotgun, pistol, plasma grenades. Go to the end then to the top level from the ramp up to it. Use the invisible or shield (depending which end you are on) and you have a good defense area because you can easy defend the ramp by throwing grenades down it and you guard the place where you get you shield or invisiblity. Offense would be looking down the hall with your pistol. Shotgun for defense when an opponent makes it too your little room.

Sidewinder requires patience. Use Sniper rifle a lot. and try to stay in the middle of the two ridges. I aint the best on this level.

Hang em High is an offensive battleground.

-know your offensive and defensive battlegrounds
-go through all the battlegrounds and know your places to hide and use traps on people.
-use the terrian of the battleground to your advantage.

Good Luck ;)

JJaX
05-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Shoot the bad guys....

ShannonX
05-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Shoot the bad guys....

thats the best answer yet :D You only get better by playing alot. If you dont play alot, you'll never get better. so go get all your "bad" friend to gether and make them take you on. Them vs. you. See how long you last.

kenji
05-19-2003, 06:02 PM
I think that the gun moved way to slow to aim, so I was always an inch behind somone who was walking sideways, but I found out that you can change the speed that it moves by going to the options on your profile. Now I can kill people easier. If you haven't already done this, I highly recomend it.

Diddy
05-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
The most vital is to perfect the pistol. If you aim at the head...three shots kills your victim.

Also, never use the damn rifle unless you're in close range Also, never use the shotgun unless you are close in to your enemy.

Lol i learned this the hardway when i first tried it online, but i caught on quick and started using the scope on the pistol to pick off people all the way on the other side of hang em high. Then two guys shot rockets at me and i went flying.

I wanna play with u guys from here, i need some practice too, theyre having Halo Tournaments where i live and i need some practice.

Sypher
05-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I would also recomend crankin the axis. Nothin worse than getting wasted by someone who sucks yet kills you cuz he turns faster. I also recomend throwing lots of grenades, they'll take out thier shields and you can bust em' with the pistol in 1 or 2 shots, another thing is to wipe out as many people you can find that just got messed up by someone else. hehehehe:D

No Fear 23
05-20-2003, 04:57 PM
plasma rifle/pistol combo= deadly

bretman1234
05-20-2003, 05:18 PM
if ur facin guys with pistols, dont use rockets. They can pick u off VERY quick

kornavs19
05-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Dont go into vehicles if there is any..lol, im sure u know that..Use them as shields though..

Use your grenades alot, thats what i do, it works alot, specially if ur about to die in close combat, get a plasma on him so u take him with u..

Like everyone else said find different spots in the map..

When ur playing in a tourney, do u play on the same t.v?
If so always give the others a glance to see where they are, what here doing, and what they've got.

Get your friends to do 3 on 1's against u and if u have that link thing then maybe more..

Most of what i said has been said but not all..Good Luck at the tourney !

Sypher
05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Sniper rifle/distance=Deadly.
for ****s and giggles you should try the "Sniper Rocket", Since your rifle dosn't sway w/the scope on(unless you move the stick) you can zoom out and pull out the Rocket Launcher and you'll be looking at the exact same spot you were w/the Sniper Rifle, launch away at distant grunts and watch w/the sniper Rifle as the rocket blows them to ****!

have fun!

can also do this with alien weapons, "Plasma Sniper Rifle" Sounds nice, but time consuming, yet if your camping you have the time!

Batman_wanna_be
05-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Try and see if you can get in to contact with somone in the touranment and see if they want to play a game with you