PDA

View Full Version : 15 minute FABLE movie

Xeon
05-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Enjoy!

http://lionsource.ngz-network.de/download/dl.php?id=433

Xbox Owner
05-17-2003, 10:55 PM
yeah, saw it on another forum a few hours ago..should of posted it, but i forgot

anyway, it's 157mbs..i'm not downloading it, lol, it'll take forever..

metalmulisha13
05-18-2003, 09:43 AM
DAMN, 15 Minutes.

Steve1987
05-18-2003, 09:55 AM
I tried to download the movie earlier, but the server was being hit too hard.

I'll try again later.
Do you think it's worth the download though?? :huh:

Xbox Owner
05-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Steve1987
I tried to download the movie earlier, but the server was being hit too hard.

I'll try again later.
Do you think it's worth the download though?? :huh:

I heard it was really good, but 157 megs? That will take like 2 hours on cable..

man, if you have 56k, just forget about it..it'll take you days..hahah

Shadow20002
05-18-2003, 10:51 AM
The server is severe slowdown. Need to wait. :watchout:

gtaplayer
05-18-2003, 11:48 AM
yea i just tried downloading the server is down, or too many people are downloading, andrew why would it take 2 hours for u to d/l?

Xeon
05-18-2003, 02:08 PM
I think its worth the download.....download it with GetRight (www.getright.com) and itll make it go 4x faster.

MerimacHamwich
05-18-2003, 02:40 PM
I got it the first time I saw this thread. Its great, definetly worth the download time. :)
BTW: Peter Molyneux said there is 4 player support! Per xbox.

l Maximus l
05-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I got it the first time I saw this thread. Its great, definetly worth the download time. :)
BTW: Peter Molyneux said there is 4 player support! Per xbox.

4 player support?! Wow...I only thought it was 2...four should be bad ass!

MerimacHamwich
05-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Hey Maximus. There was something even cooler I saw in the video. The guy donig te gameplay demonstration went to a bar and learned how to burp from a bunch of drunks. Then he went to a shop and burped at the teller. The teller just said, "Ew! That's disgusting!" Then the character ran back to the pub and started a bar fight.
:)

LynxFX
05-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey Maximus. There was something even cooler I saw in the video. The guy donig te gameplay demonstration went to a bar and learned how to burp from a bunch of drunks. Then he went to a shop and burped at the teller. The teller just said, "Ew! That's disgusting!" Then the character ran back to the pub and started a bar fight.
They did the same demo for us. It was pretty funny. But there was other stuff they did that didn't show up in the video that will really make this game stand apart. The environments are just incredible and how the world and people in this world react to everything you do. Word of caution, just don't **** off your wife by flirting with the maids in town. Also don't burp in her face. She didn't like that too much.

Interesting that someone said 4 players per box. They told us that they hated split screen. At least I think it was them. KRAFT!!!!! What does your tape recorder say? :)

l Maximus l
05-18-2003, 04:28 PM

Apparently, it would seem that I am destined to pick up this game http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/drunk.gif

Liquid Gears
05-18-2003, 04:39 PM
ok. wtf

The download link doesn't even work for me, it keeps bring up that white error screen.

Snapple
05-18-2003, 06:46 PM
i cant even find were to download it????????

# 1 Stunner
05-18-2003, 07:41 PM
im downloadin it..i got time..:D :cheers:

Steve1987
05-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Just managed to watch the video, and wow! Until now i wasn't really that interested in Fable, but now i'm hooked on it.

All the things that you can do is amazing, one of things that i hated about the final fantasy series was how everything was pre-scripted and you had to do it there way, otherwise the game wouldn't move on. But even from that video footage you can tell that there will loads of different ways to go through the game, doing different things each time.

Bring on the great games! :cheers:

I'll shut up now. :D

JJaX
05-18-2003, 08:48 PM
It was great to see the game actually being played.

But i couldnt understand a word the dude was saying.

MerimacHamwich
05-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Steve1987
Just managed to watch the video, and wow! Until now i wasn't really that interested in Fable, but now i'm hooked on it.

All the things that you can do is amazing, one of things that i hated about the final fantasy series was how everything was pre-scripted and you had to do it there way, otherwise the game wouldn't move on. But even from that video footage you can tell that there will loads of different ways to go through the game, doing different things each time.

Bring on the great games! :cheers:

I'll shut up now. :D
You would love The Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind. I would say pick it up becuase it is a platinum hit now but you should wait until the Game Of The Year edition comes out. It includes the original game and two expansions.
:cheers:

Liquid Gears
05-18-2003, 10:18 PM
That games sweet looking, it's similar to a Zelda type of game

Kraft
05-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Hmm... My tape recorder doesn't say a thing about 4 player play... the most it seems to mention is one of the developers talking about 2 player playing... and it isn't even really two player gameplay per say.

What the developer described was a way to store your character on a memory card, take it to a friends house, then if they need some help, you can swap out his character for yours.

I'll try to get a full transcription up of the Fable, BC and TFOL interviews tomorrow sometime, and I think either lynx or mec is doing a writeup on what we saw.

Dre
05-19-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Hmm... My tape recorder doesn't say a thing about 4 player play... the most it seems to mention is one of the developers talking about 2 player playing... and it isn't even really two player gameplay per say.

What the developer described was a way to store your character on a memory card, take it to a friends house, then if they need some help, you can swap out his character for yours.

I'll try to get a full transcription up of the Fable, BC and TFOL interviews tomorrow sometime, and I think either lynx or mec is doing a writeup on what we saw.

So you saw a different presentation than the one in the 157 meg vid then? I definitely hear Molyneux talking about 4 player play; even with that crappy audio I made that part out. Dunno how its going to work though,Fable isn't exactly the type of game I want to play in 4-way split screen. How many demos did PM do during the 2 day expo? Was it like a continuous showing? Wish I could have been there to experience that first hand. Fable and Halo 2 both look like they would've been incredible to observe 1st hand!

Shadow20002
05-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Hell no, i still can't download. Hey, ca someone describe me a little bit what is look like in the demo trailer. ;)

Kraft
05-19-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dre

So you saw a different presentation than the one in the 157 meg vid then? I definitely hear Molyneux talking about 4 player play; even with that crappy audio I made that part out. Dunno how its going to work though,Fable isn't exactly the type of game I want to play in 4-way split screen. How many demos did PM do during the 2 day expo? Was it like a continuous showing? Wish I could have been there to experience that first hand. Fable and Halo 2 both look like they would've been incredible to observe 1st hand!

I guess I saw a different presentation. My presentation involved the game developers actually playing the game right there in front of me. Peter Molyneux actually doesn't seem to be a huge party of the fable or bc dev team right now, as he didn't show up for our private demo.

MerimacHamwich
05-19-2003, 02:46 PM
PM isn't a huge part of it. I don't think he ever was. He works on so many projects at once that he is just kind of like a supervisor. He tells them some of his ideas, they workshop it to get the idea for the game. Then the developers go out and start working on it. He just oversees the project to make sure it is going in the direction he wants.

JJaX
05-19-2003, 03:01 PM
PM isn't a huge part of it. I don't think he ever was. He works on so many projects at once that he is just kind of like a supervisor. He tells them some of his ideas, they workshop it to get the idea for the game. Then the developers go out and start working on it. He just oversees the project to make sure it is going in the direction he wants.

Uhhh PM has A LOT to do with it....

LynxFX
05-19-2003, 03:33 PM
I don't recall them ever saying anything about multiplayer either. They mentioned that you can switch characters to one that your buddy has on a memory card but that is it. I think I even recall the guy saying that they hate split screen gameplay. Maybe Kraft has that tidbit on his tape recorder. I must say though that those two guys were the coolest game developers we met. I think it would be a blast to work with them.

I think MEC is doing the writeup on Fable. I'm doing a writeup on BC and Kraft are doing True Fantasy Star Online?

Edit: This is definately Simon and Dene Carter's game.

JJaX
05-19-2003, 05:18 PM
The only form of MP in this game is, that a friend can bring over his character via memory card and play as a side kick.

For those that missed it

While much of this info was great to see in action, none of it was particularly new. Then Molyneux and the Carter brothers casually laid down the bomb -- Fable will include co-op play.

At least one player (though it may end up allowing four players on at once) will be able to accompany a hero on his quest. Alone, you can gain a sidekick or alter ego. This AI person aids in your quest. But have your buddy plug in a controller and he can control your sidekick. But more impressive, is that your buddy can take a save of his character from his game of Fable and drop it into your game! He has the same powers, abilities, nobility, and alignment.

Playing in tandem, one person must always be "the hero" while the other is the sidekick. The hero is the only one who can gain experience points and is the one the world reacts to. But you can flip-flop who is hero and sidekick with the black button. So, if you are clever, you can have a very evil character and a very heroic character work together. In battle, in towns, when receiving quests, you can switch who is the leader and therefore change how the world reacts to you. It's a bit of a strange idea, but the right team of powers and force could be unstoppable.

After play is done, your buddy can pull out and upload his character back into his game -- with any enhancements he earned while playing with you! Wow.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/402/402233p2.html

Brevitys XBA post (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35883&highlight=sidekick)