PDA

View Full Version : i love halo lan

happyhotdog
05-18-2003, 12:07 AM
just play about 5 hours of halo lan 4v4 on blood glutch..... its so great i will be playing halo until the day halo 2 come out. jsut want to tell ever 1 if u have more than 4 friends that play halo paying for a halo lan is defintly worth it

also whats kool is to video record the game its great to watch replay of ur games

bretman1234
05-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by happyhotdog
just play about 5 hours of halo lan 4v4 on blood glutch..... its so great i will be playing halo until the day halo 2 come out. jsut want to tell ever 1 if u have more than 4 friends that play halo paying for a halo lan is defintly worth it

also whats kool is to video record the game its great to watch replay of ur games

what do mean pay for it? I dont have to pay for xbconnect

Variation-XBA
05-20-2003, 01:30 AM
I think he means the hub, cables, tvs, controllers, games etc

and yesm, its well worth it if ya got the friends, and setup

sabca
05-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Me and my buddies usually set up a couple times a weekend to play, and if there's only a couple of us we set up and go on XBC. Much like yourself, I'll continue to play every weekend untill Halo 2 comes out. Then we'll play THAT every weekend

Fanobills
05-21-2003, 06:34 PM
How much would everything I'd need cost?

I've got crappy 56K connection on my comp.

For a decent link up without lag, how much could I expect to spend?

Or would I even need a new Modem?

xboxman_1
05-21-2003, 06:41 PM
You'll need broadband, and the price will depend on where you live, and the service providers.

sabca
05-21-2003, 06:43 PM
To do Xbox Connect/Xbox Live? You'd need a new internet service. You need broadband if you want to take your Xbox online.

To do a LAN? You basically just need a system link cable and a friend with an Xbox. For more than one Xbox pick up a hub(I think they're around $60) and some Cat5 cables.

Papke
05-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Anyone who is nice enough to tell me, how do I remove the XbA Noob title under my avatar. Sab, I think yours says helios or something, so how do I change mine?

Thanks!:D

nutsnyomowf
05-23-2003, 06:06 PM
I jus got another Xbox and Halo with a system link cable and u know what it was the best damn thing since buying Halo the 1st time.Oh my goodness Halo2 on Lan!!!

sabca
05-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Go into User CP at the top, then go to Edit Profile then type whatever you want it to be in the Custom User Text box :)

Any questions, feel free to PM me.