PDA

View Full Version : Anone here going to get the Xbox Music Mixer??

WynnFire
05-19-2003, 03:20 AM
I was just reading through this months OXM and on page 6 they show the Xbox Music Mixer. This is the coolest thing that they could release for the Xbox. There are a lot of features listed so I recommend looking at page 6 in the magazine. Here are a few things it can do if you don't know:

It will automatically name your music files you put on your hard drive, it allows you to connect the Xbox to your pc so you can transfer over your MP3's and WMA files. It's Xbox Live compatible so it will give you access to tons of songs and new visuals and more karaoke features. It has a photo viewer so you can transfer pictures from your PC so you can create (stunning) slide shows. It will also have little people dancing to your music.

The only downside to this that I can think of is, you might run out of hard drive space on the Xbox if you cram too much stuff on it.

Dre
05-19-2003, 05:37 AM
Still not to sure about this.

- Comes with a mic to do karaoke as well as being able to strip lyrics from songs. I have a sister that would love the whole karaoke thing, but its not really my deal.

-photo show: never made one, don't really see myself making any any time soon

-new music capabilities: transfer from pc, auto-naming, new visualizations, etc.. This is the only real selling point for me so I'm going to wait and see how well these features work b4 buying.

Also depends on price. I'm certain they won't be charging game price for an item like this, but with the inclusion of the mic peripheral, they might try and put too high of a price on this.

So basically, I'm going to wait to hear more from my fellow XBA'ers before grabbin one of these :D

carlbme
05-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Nope, it's not for me

Shadow20002
05-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Maybe, i will get it when it's available. Just because i want more than the same visualisation each time i listen to the music. Get this one just going make me love my Xbox more than before. ;)

Fred Gasman
05-19-2003, 11:49 AM
If it allows you to import video to your xbox, I'll get it. But if not, I'll just leave this title to the asian kids.http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

RudedogX
05-19-2003, 11:58 AM
I'll pass. I think the only ones seriously thinking about it, are those that are thinking about Dance Dance Revolution.:eek:

WynnFire
05-19-2003, 12:13 PM
OXM has it listed for $39.99

-new music capabilities: transfer from pc, auto-naming, new visualizations, etc.. This is the only real selling point for me so I'm going to wait and see how well these features work b4 buying.

That's the only reason I'm buying it.

Gameman732
05-19-2003, 12:18 PM
I'll be getting it....{info & screens from xbox.com}

Get ready to go freestyle with the Xbox Music Mixer, the ultimate in digital entertainment for the twenty-first century. Bust out the mic for ready-made Karaoke with on-screen lyrics. Strip out the vocals from most songs in your collection to lay down your own rhythm and rhyme. Add power to your party with your own music play lists, set to dozens of cool 2-D and 3-D visual effects. Even display your photos on your TV, and create a soundtrack to match.

http://www.xbox.com/media/games/musicmixer/sim-musicmixer-0001.jpg

Take Xbox's already awesome gaming and DVD movie experience, and add in Xbox Music Mixer to unleash an entirely new category of digital entertainment. Create your own playlists and soundtracks, record and playback YOUR performances anytime, access your huge library of digital music and photos from your PC, and even download new songs and visual effects from Xbox Live!
http://www.xbox.com/media/games/musicmixer/sim-musicmixer-0002.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/media/games/musicmixer/sim-musicmixer-0003.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/media/games/musicmixer/sim-musicmixer-0004.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/media/games/musicmixer/sim-musicmixer-0005.jpg

Fred Gasman
05-19-2003, 03:42 PM
If you feed like preaching your straight pride evangilism... preach elsewhere. Disparaging people by calling them 'homo' or other names is not going to be tolerated and will earn you a free vacation away from our site.

Kraft-XBA

Emperor Pilaf
05-19-2003, 05:50 PM
I can't rule it out but I'll say not likely:watchout:

Sypher
05-19-2003, 06:32 PM
it was lookin nice........ untill the end.

I really hope it has some different fonts for menus and labels.

squid413
05-19-2003, 08:24 PM
I might get this. Not to sure though yet but if it can play videos from your comp then i will for sure but if not i'm not sure

TegSkywalker
05-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Fred Gasman
I change my mind. This looks homo as homo can possibly get. (That's pretty homo.)
Homo Homo Homo!

That was an unnecessary homophobe comment. Keep it to yourself you canuck!

Variation-XBA
05-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I'll pass. I think the only ones seriously thinking about it, are those that are thinking about Dance Dance Revolution.:eek:

Getting DDR for sure, but not this :P
:o

tennyson
05-20-2003, 09:13 AM
My wife loves this kind of stuff for parties and things. I'll probably end up getting it, if for nothing else than to fool around with it.

Batman_wanna_be
05-21-2003, 12:59 AM
I think it will be cool to have the music mixer because it will let you downlaod songs off the internet so you can have a huge music collection

Hugh_Jass
05-21-2003, 12:34 PM
I am interested, but will probably wait until the price drops to $14.99.

Kraft
05-21-2003, 01:52 PM
I dunno... that Xbox Live button on the bottom of the menu definately has me intrigued. Maybe downloaded visualizations... or better yet, downloaded free songs!

ARONO129
05-22-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll pass on it. It's not a bad concept because it adds even more variety to the Xbox. Are future Xbox's going to have it included? Or is it an add on?

Master Gracey
05-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
I dunno... that Xbox Live button on the bottom of the menu definately has me intrigued. Maybe downloaded visualizations... or better yet, downloaded free songs!

Actually, what OXM said about the Live options is that, when connected, songs in your soundtrack can be found in a database and named automatically. There will also be the option to download visualizations and the like. I'm definitely going to be picking this up, coz I'm all about the music. :D

BTW - Like your avatar, Teg! I've got all six Doors albums on my Xbox soundtrack, all ripped from the mini-LP box set I have. They're one of my all-time fav bands.

Crazy Joe
05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
oh yeah for sure, no doubt. drunken karaoke is the best thing ever, i was gonna buy a machine, but i'll wait for this now. it's got a lot of features and $39.99 US isn't too bad.