PDA

View Full Version : Too many FPS!

Emperor Pilaf
05-19-2003, 06:15 PM
:cuss: I definetly think there are way too many FPS out here, So far thers Halo, Serious Sam, Wolfenstein TOW, Red Faction 2, Unreal Championship, Timespliters 2, an those are just the ones off the top of my head! Plus coming up is Dues Ex II, Halo 2, probably a million more 007 games. FPS are geart and all but lets try a new game Huh:huh:

Queasy Buddy
05-19-2003, 06:25 PM
I would have to disagree on this one man. I just can't get enough of fps. I think they should keep spendin time and cash on making these games but maybe experiment abit more. cause it does seem like fps have slowed down on the original ideas these days but I think Deus Ex has a great oppurtonity to prove me wrong.

Zonza
05-20-2003, 11:34 AM
You can never have to many FPS

sabca
05-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm itchin' for more. I'm jjust praying Rare is secretly working on a Perfect Dark sequal to be released within the next year or so. Not hearing anything about PDZ at E3 was a big disappointment.

Papke
05-20-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm with you Sab, how the heck could they leave out the new Perfect Dark?!:huh:

Reclaimer
05-21-2003, 05:43 AM
There can never be too many FPS's. Just pick the one you like. Variety gives you options. It makes competition. A field ripe with FPS games, makes companies try hard to make the best one. Just rent a few and stick with what you like.
Just think of it as having the ability to choose now.

Right up until Halo2 raises the bar. And everything else looks like crap when compared to it.

Kraft
05-21-2003, 02:58 PM
I am just glad not every fps is making it to Live. While choice is good, flooding the market is not. I'd rather see a whole lot of people playing a few good games on Live rather than having the same amount of people spread out over many mediocre games.

Conchord
05-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Pilaf
:cuss: I definetly think there are way too many FPS out here, So far thers Halo, Serious Sam, Wolfenstein TOW, Red Faction 2, Unreal Championship, Timespliters 2, an those are just the ones off the top of my head! Plus coming up is Dues Ex II, Halo 2, probably a million more 007 games. FPS are geart and all but lets try a new game Huh:huh:

I think there are too many sports games, but I don't blame the games, I blame the millions of big name gaming companies that try their shot at everything...I love FPS-they are the reason gaming is what it is today-ever heard of Doom? Wolfenstein 3D? Duke Nukem?

nutsnyomowf
05-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah FPS rock cheesycoconuts sliced with Q-tip blades.Yeah they rock:confused:

Shadow20002
05-23-2003, 08:53 PM
I agree there are too many FPS that are out and the rest being announced at E3. But one thing you should know, these ones have something different from each others, that's why it's so much fun to have them all on your buying list. :p

Slayer02
05-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Papke
I'm with you Sab, how the heck could they leave out the new Perfect Dark?!:huh:
Maybe they are doing Secret Development style like Half Life 2. :watchout:

Papke
05-24-2003, 11:51 AM
It would be like a dream come true if suddenly we were informed of a near-finished Perfect Dark game for xbox.

Now I can't stop thinking about it, I want more Joanna....I mean Perfect Dark!

No Fear 23
05-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Emperor, what game genre would u prefer?

sabca
05-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02

Maybe they are doing Secret Development style like Half Life 2. :watchout:

I hope to god you're right :)

RyoTheWanderer
05-25-2003, 09:25 PM
maybe the reason for so many FPS is because they are selling systems popularly, and other games are not.

smack_roscoe
05-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Too many FPS?
That's your opinion. I say there are never enough FPS out there. Just Bring It.