PDA

View Full Version : vehicles don't fit the UC universe...bull ****

Koopa
05-19-2003, 11:05 PM
vehicles in UT2k4....but our "buddies" at DE decided to yank them outta UC....

Skimmer: a hovercraft like bike similar to the speeder bikes in Return of the Jedi or the Ghost ship in Halo. The Skimmer is a one man vehicle equipped with a pulse laser that hovers a few feet above the ground.

One-Man Buggy: an armored mini dune buggy of sorts that comes equipped with a gun turret. As the player controls the movement of the vehicle with the arrow keys, the machinegun turret can be simultaneously controlled with the mouse.

Three-Man Buggy:a larger version of the mini-buggy with three player positions: driver, passenger, and gunner. Similar to the Warthog in Halo, up to three players can jump into this vehicle to cause some series damage to enemy ground forces.

Tank: a one man rolling thunder of destruction. Armed with the most powerful gun of all the vehicles, the tank can destroy most vehicles in one well place blow. The tank's lack of speed and maneuverability is made up by its awesome fire power.

Raptor: a one-man ship, similar in look to the Skimmer, that can fly. A contestant can jump into a Raptor and deal death from above with its twin pulse lasers.

Bomber: the only vehicle in UT2004 that's not quite done yet. As of now, it's a one person heavy, aircraft that drops bombs from above with the help of a "picture in picture" window. Epic was also considering making the Bomber a two man plane (one flies/one bombs), but they weren't quite sure as of our meeting.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/403/403391p1.html

SPARTAN VI
05-19-2003, 11:21 PM
I KILL EM!!! Well, Im not all that dissapointed anyway.. We'll have better games to make up for Epic & DE's 3-quarter-ass port. :watchout:

MerimacHamwich
05-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Unreal Tournament is basically a debugging of the engine, a 70$ beta! BAH! All of the stuff they took out of 2003 they are putting in 2004, its rediculous. Anyway, that is what I wanted to say, for some unknown reason.

Diddy
05-21-2003, 12:43 PM
thas why i dont buy my PC games lol, unless its mindblowingly good. Im really looking forward to UT2K4 tho. The Vehicels should look really nice since the game does already.

They said they are also adding all the DE and Epic Map Packs and adding the Assault Game Type back in, u might remember it from the regular UT.

And i kinda see where u all are coming from, because i too am sick of getting mediocre PC ports. Thats bull**** that wolfenstein for the XBox looks better than on a PC, i refuse to believe it. Also, the servers are better on PC than on Live from what i hear. Theres more customization with skins and maps and mods and all. And theres no yearly fee to play it online. It just makes me feel like im wasting my money to play a game that i already have on the PC that has more features than xbox, just so i can play with friends. It annoys me terribly.