PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this, would you buy it?

NINE BREAKER
05-21-2003, 01:48 AM
I was just wanted to run this by you guys, and see what you thought.

Over the week end, I had some nooB's, to the 'Box and to our little "circle" of players, come over to my crib and got down on some Halo and Red Faction2 for some uber FPS multi-player love'n. Well, these bastages did nothing but screen everyone. You couldn't get a good hiding spot or sneak up on 'em cause they were practically play'n through your screen. Well they got smoked any way, but we got to talking about what we could do about this, and other than going out and buying three more tv's and 'Boxes, we came up with this: a little 5 to 7 inch screen that would plug into your mem. card port on your controller. I don't know how or if this would work, got a home boy looking in to it, but I think it's a good idea. Now if it is good enough to tell MS about and maybe make a pretty penny off of:D is where I need some gamer input. So what do you think? Any and all comments welcome, I just need some feed back.

Thanx all,
-N9NE

JJaX
05-21-2003, 01:57 AM
Theres actually a "device" that you can purchase that splits the screen into 4 seperate screens. ANd other peoples cant see your screen. Actually its just some card board box or some junk.

I posted it a looong time ago and cant find the thread.

But my rule is, if youre playing on the same screen you can look. Thats the way it is, you cannot trust people not to look.

But the LCD thing could be a cool idea. But its probably cheaper to buy a XBL kit than a 6" LCD screen.

Split screen is for cavemen. :p

Kraft
05-21-2003, 04:03 AM
I remember that thread Jax. In fact, I used to do that when playing goldeneye back in the day. But back on track now:

Nine, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for all of you not to own one xbox apiece! The XBox is the greatest piece of gaming hardware out there. Go mow lawns or something for extra cash and BUY ONE! Tell your non-xboxowning friends to do the same. LAN is decent, LIVE is best. Splitscreen is for looooosers!

Arrakis44
05-21-2003, 02:36 PM
I was in Comp USA this weekend and i saw a controller with a screen attachment. So if your willing to fork out $100 for a controller then that would solve ur problem.
:D

Playa128
05-21-2003, 03:18 PM
They have something like that coming out....it was priced at a 100 bux let me see if i could find a link...it was a while back so the whole project might have been scrapped...

Trento52
05-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah i seen those they have one for the three big systems, i don't know if the controls are the same though but it sure looked cool. One thing i don't understand though is why would the audio and video come through the controller. So maybe you need to buy lots of extra connectors and stuff to for more then just one screen if you need to connect the cables to the screen or controller?

RudedogX
05-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I saw those controllers at E3. The screens weren't too bad, but I figured they'd get a little heavy after a while.

Kraft
05-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I saw those controllers at E3. The screens weren't too bad, but I figured they'd get a little heavy after a while.

Yeah, but I don't think they just displayed a quarter of the screen like he mentioned before, did they? I understood this screen to be a convenient 'travel screen' so you could play your box on the go.

RudedogX
05-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what they did...but if they were to 'borrow' the idea from what Gamecube is doing with their GBA hook-up, it's not a far-fetched idea. I just don't want to see XBox go to that exclusively like Gamecube has:yikes:

blazenko
05-24-2003, 12:03 AM
yeah for that lcd screen idea you'd need a whole new controler because insead of the visual and audio wires going to the television it would have to go your controler. And you'd need some sort of pad so that it could easily rest on your legs because it would be kind of heavy. The only problem besides that is the cost. It would also be confusing because tou'd all need to have one of each of these massive controllers for it to work because then it would get confusing because the game would detect 4 people playing but there would only need to be 3 people on the screen if the one guy has that screen. Also it would cost a lot of money if everyone got one it would even cost a lot of money if one person got one.

If you can somehow solve all those problems then go for it. :cool:

kylman49
05-26-2003, 02:40 PM
I just need some feed back.

My feedback. It would be nice. I think you would make some money. Its an alternative for people without fast enough internet to not have to play split screen. But it might be kinda like playin a gameboy. but its a good alternative. Cuts down on some problems with split screen but how would you get it on you control, it might be too heavy. There would be some problems so I dont know. remember we sent a man to the moon so could probably put a screen on a controller. but it costs and i could just live with split screen.

;) good luck and good idea