PDA

View Full Version : Renew your sub to OXM?

Brevity
05-21-2003, 08:49 AM
I say dont for these reasons:

1) When you buy off the stand you get a NICE plastic Demo case! Instead of I hate you paper.

2)When you buy off the stand they have posters in them!

Btw: Sometimes you can even get the mag quicker off the stand then when its shipped from bumphuck egypt to your house.:crap:

Zonza
05-21-2003, 10:33 AM
I'd renew my subscription cause its cheaper that way, its a lot more expensive to buy them off the stand

carlbme
05-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Not renewing due to the fact that I don't believe its worth it.
The demo disks still suck IMO. And the mag was never that great.

I'll stick with XBN, even if they don't have a demo disk. The mag is just better (IMO).

Brevity
05-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by carlbme
Not renewing due to the fact that I don't believe its worth it.
The demo disks still suck IMO. And the mag was never that great.

I'll stick with XBN, even if they don't have a demo disk. The mag is just better (IMO).
ON another note I got my first FREE issue of XBN yesterday (Thanks to who ever gave us that link here) and I am liking it. There is alot to read in it; in someways I think its kinda more adult then OXM. Also you cant argue with a free year with no obligation.

Shadow20002
05-21-2003, 11:29 AM
I don't have any subscription to any gaming magazines. I just get what i want in the newstand. In that way, i know it's cost me more but totally satisfy me. ;)

Knight
05-21-2003, 11:31 AM
XBN is bi-monthly and it's going to stay ever other month.
OXM comes out each month.

I get both.

I don't know yet if I'm going to renew OXM, if I don't renew it I don't know what I will subscrip in it's place. I'm getting Pc Gamer to the Aug issum but I'm sick of there crap and will never renew PC Gamer.

Batman_wanna_be
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
I think I renew because of the demo having the Xbox Live downloads but sometimes i am very disappointed in the mag sometimes it is good and sometimes not to hot i think they need to send out a survery with the mag and ask the gamers what they want out of the mag.

l Maximus l
05-21-2003, 06:24 PM
I renewed...and I don't mind at all. I don't need posters or plastic cases because I don't plan on going back and playing my demo disks over and over again.

I like the magazine...I think they do a decent job and it's the only thing in the mail that I look forward to. Normally, I just get bills :eek:

thunderkiss2k1
05-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
I say dont for these reasons:

1) When you buy off the stand you get a NICE plastic Demo case! Instead of I hate you paper.

2)When you buy off the stand they have posters in them!

Btw: Sometimes you can even get the mag quicker off the stand then when its shipped from bumphuck egypt to your house.:crap:

Personally, I dont like your poll choices. There are some people who actually like the mag the way it is. Peace.

Buccaneer21
05-22-2003, 01:34 AM
I just got done renewing and I am satisfied with OXM.:confused:

Sleazy P Martini
05-22-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Brevity

Just bought my first issue....off the stand, and I didn't get a nice plastic case. I'm going to subscibe just because it's so much cheaper.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-22-2003, 08:34 AM
I haven't subscribed yet , but i think i will soon. IM have bought all 19 issues off the stand, but it's an expensive monthly "Bill".

BTW, Maxi, your sig is way to big, it's because of all the spaces and blank lines...

AlBoogy
05-22-2003, 11:41 AM
The ONLY thing my first 12 mags were good for was to sell them! I kept all demos and sleeves and sold it on EBay. I got 40 bucks for them. So basically, I actually got paid for the magazines lol. I dont know how much they are going for now on EBay but if some of you still have the early discs, SELL THEM!
As far as renewing, I never did. The discs lacked big time. Your better off getting insider or something like that.

Brevity
05-22-2003, 01:35 PM
I also sold all my old OXM discs. It was on tradegamesnow.com

Hitman101
05-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Yo brev don't renew. Its not worth it. Instead get XBN(Xbox Nation) that mag is SICK !!!! IMO just get OXM when they have good demos like Fable, Doom 3, Halo 2, Half-Life, etc.

No Fear 23
05-22-2003, 03:40 PM
im happy wiht OXM and i think its a good magazine

neway, where is this XBN link u were talk about brevity?

DeaDfeTuS666
05-23-2003, 01:05 PM
um renew it how much does it cost i mean common...

RudedogX
05-23-2003, 01:45 PM
I renewed mine about 8 months ago. I figured I'd still check out the demos and for the most part, they've already ensured that I didn't waste money on bad games, so I have no complaints with OXM.

CrazyCougar
05-23-2003, 02:40 PM
I renewed and enjoy OXM very much especially for the demo disks. They may not be the newest demo's all the time but still enjoyable to play.

I got the free subscription to XBN also and recieved my first issue. Very good mag.

Both mags have something to offer to everyone.

AlBoogy
05-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Brevity, which ones did you sell and how much did you get for them?

Brevity
05-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Brevity, which ones did you sell and how much did you get for them?
0-16 for I think 20$ Just the Demo's. Next I could not find that XBN link, but it was here. Also I bet its over with. Sorry