PDA

View Full Version : Need Help In A Technical Debate. Stubborn GC Fanboy.

Xaminor
05-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Bringing up old issues I forgot much of it. Anyways I know half the crap this guy is talking isn't true and it is going to take me some time to prove hime wrong, but I will. In the mean time if there are any tech heads that can give me a hand I'd appreciate it.

Help (http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=54975&STARTPAGE=9)

Shadow20002
05-22-2003, 02:23 AM
All i can tell about, just go through it this thread, don't have to challenge. ;)

Kraft
05-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Well, it would help if you told us what he said so we could tell you what is truth and what is fiction. I hope you aren't throwing the 'there is no way gamecube can keep up with xbox graphics' because by this point it isn't true. Xbox does have potential to blow all the other consoles away, but first party developers over at Nintendo are kicking ass at utilizing their hardware. Just look at this new Rogue Squadron game... *drools* There is nothing about that game that doesn't look good.

Steve1987
05-22-2003, 05:44 AM
I gave up on reading it all when i got to the bit about lighting on the GameCube. Anyway, i remember reading somewhere that the Gamecube could do better lighting than the Xbox, and Splinter Cell was suppose to show this off.
I haven't played the GC version of Splinter Cell, so i couldn't say, but as the GC uses an ATI card, then i would belive them. ATI always seems to get the lighting right, it's only on the new FX'S that Nvidia is showing how it should be done. :watchout:

Dyslexic Chaos
05-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Well, it would help if you told us what he said so we could tell you what is truth and what is fiction. I hope you aren't throwing the 'there is no way gamecube can keep up with xbox graphics' because by this point it isn't true. Xbox does have potential to blow all the other consoles away, but first party developers over at Nintendo are kicking ass at utilizing their hardware. Just look at this new Rogue Squadron game... *drools* There is nothing about that game that doesn't look good.

Lucas Arts isn't first party Kraft... although i do agree, RS 3 looks INCREDIABLE.

OK, my opinion on this is no system is better than any other. They all have pro's and cons. What may be better for you (Xbox), may not be for him. Let him make his own decisions. I Personally have all 3. I prefer my Xbox, but I love all of them.

Kraft
05-22-2003, 03:31 PM
my bad, note that the post about first party was written in the wee hours of the morning. I think my logic went something like this:

The best Nintendo games are first party
RS3 is definately one of the best GC games
RS3 must be first party

The main part was making the point that the GC isn't a punk and does have some decent games at it's disposal.