PDA

View Full Version : Top E3 Games (Game Informer)

Shadow20002
05-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Game Informer Names Top 10 Games for E3; Half Life 2 is Game of the Show.

After much debate and discussion within the offices of Game Informer, the nation's leading computer and video game magazine, the magazine staff has selected its Top 10 games for E3.

"All of these games are fantastic, but Half Life 2 was the standout 'Game of the Show.' We were blown away by this game, which represents a breakthrough in gaming. It involves an extremely intricate physics model that takes gaming in a whole new dimension," said GI Editor-in-Chief Andy McNamara.

For a complete wrap-up of show coverage with top games by platform, see the July issue of Game Informer, due out June 24.

Game Informer Top 10 Games of E3 2003

1) Half-Life 2 - Game of the Show
Publisher: Vivendi Universal
Developer: Valve
Platform: PC/Xbox

2) Halo 2
Publisher: Microsoft Games
Developer: Bungie
Platform: Xbox

3) Doom 3
Publisher: Activision
Developer: id Softwave

4) Gran Turismo 4
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Polyphony Digital
Platform: PlayStation 2

5) Fable
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Big Blue Box

6) Tony Hawk's Underground
Developer: Neversoft

7) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Publisher: Konami
Developer: KCEJ

8) The Sims 2
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Maxis
Platform: PC

9) SSX 3
Publisher: EA Big
Developer: EA Canada
Platform: Xbox/GameCube/PlayStation 2

10) Mario Kart: Double Dash
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Platform: GameCube

About Game Informer

Founded in 1991, Game Informer is the leading computer and video game magazine, with circulation topping one million subscribers. GI was named the fastest-growing consumer magazine in 2002 by Advertising Age DataCenter, experiencing 260 percent growth from June 2001 to June 2002. A veteran to publishing for active game consumers, GI provides in-depth knowledge and insight into the gaming industry and is "the final word on computer and video games."

Source: XBox Users Group Dot Com

AlBoogy
05-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Depending on how you want to look at that, XBox has 6 of the top 10 games on that list. Very impressive.

Crazy Joe
05-22-2003, 11:21 AM
the top 3 are all Xbox Exclusive (referring to console)

AlBoogy
05-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
the top 3 are all Xbox Exclusive (referring to console)

Exactly what I meant. If a sony/nintendo fanboy came here they would be like "oh but they arent exclusive because it will be on pc". But for us, its excusive babyyyyyyy!

Bigwig
05-22-2003, 11:55 AM
you could say the same thing about Tomb Raider, Vice City, and Snake Eater.

Crazy Joe
05-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
you could say the same thing about Tomb Raider, Vice City, and Snake Eater.

except those aren't the top 3 games of e3, so it's not as effective.

Crazy Joe
05-22-2003, 12:13 PM
wait, Tony Hawk Underground is only for PC and Xbox..... that's weird all the Tony Hawk games have been for multiple consoles so far.

RudedogX
05-22-2003, 12:23 PM
wait, Tony Hawk Underground is only for PC and Xbox..... that's weird all the Tony Hawk games have been for multiple consoles so far.
I'm pretty sure I saw it playing on all of the consoles at E3. You sure about that?:watchout:

Crazy Joe
05-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I'm pretty sure I saw it playing on all of the consoles at E3. You sure about that?:watchout:

well that's what it says in the list in the first post, that's why i was wondering...

carlbme
05-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Per Activision's website T.H.U.G. is coming out for the Xbox, PS, PS2, GC, GBA

LynxFX
05-22-2003, 12:40 PM
If that doesn't show the incredible advantage that the Xbox now has over Sony and Nintendo, then nothing will.

I've noticed on a bunch of other boards that previous 'anti-xbox' people are now starting to jump on board. If MS delivers on some of these AAA titles then I think '03 and '04 will be the years of the Xbox followed by the launch of Xbox2.

RudedogX
05-22-2003, 12:47 PM
I couldn't agree more, and damn, I can't wait for next year's E3 already!

WANT...TO...SEE...NEW...SYSTEMS!

Begins to drool uncontrollably

Bigwig
05-22-2003, 01:25 PM

except those aren't the top 3 games of e3, so it's not as effective.

They are still games that will see the PC. Its obvious though that the Xbox won E3 because not only was the Xbox strong in the top ten they were strong in the top 50.

ARONO129
05-22-2003, 02:23 PM
How the heck does the Sims2 make it on the list? And only two GC games, one of which is exclusive.

Chaotic
05-22-2003, 02:23 PM
I agree, xbox stole E3 this year and had tons of sweet games...

These next few years are going to be great ;) :cheers:

Brevity
05-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I think MC: DD would have been higher if it was online and voice. But still I am wanting that game BAD. I think there are others that I would not have even bothered putting on that list and yet still others that I would have added.

LynxFX
05-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Diddy

they arent exclusive because it will be on pc

what are u retarded?
It is a well known fact that the word 'exclusive' when pertaining to the gaming world does not include the PC. GTA3 and Vice City for example are exclusive to PS2 even though they are out on the PC. Same goes for the titles above.

Calling people retarded won't be tolerated, so please back off a bit.

Diddy
05-22-2003, 02:49 PM
u are so correct, and i apologize for u all having to put up with me. My friends are such bad influences on me.

Kraft
05-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Per Activision's website T.H.U.G. is coming out for the Xbox, PS, PS2, GC, GBA

Yeah, it will come out for all the consoles. Hopefully Activision doesn't go humping sony's leg again and only give them the online play support.

As for the list... it seems that any company that comes out with a list bases it on hype and not actual gameplay. Hell, we didn't even get to touch doom 3 and it is waaaay up there. And honestly I had more fun playing Crimson Skies than a lot of those games and it doesn't make an appearance. It is nice to see so many XBox exlusives up there, but when it is a hype-o-meter it really doesn't matter.

MerimacHamwich
05-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Game Informer Names Top 10 Games for E3; Half Life 2 is Game of the Show.

Game Informer Top 10 Games of E3 2003

1) Half-Life 2 - Game of the Show
Publisher: Vivendi Universal
Developer: Valve

2) Halo 2
Publisher: Microsoft Games
Developer: Bungie

3) Doom 3
Developer: id Softwave

4) Gran Turismo 4
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Polyphony Digital
Oh my god. How could they put a rehash racing game infront of an innovative title like Fable.

5) Fable
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Big Blue Box

6) Tony Hawk's Underground
Developer: Neversoft

7) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Publisher: Konami
Developer: KCEJ

8) The Sims 2
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Maxis
Platform: PC

9) SSX 3
Publisher: EA Big
Developer: EA Canada
Platform: Xbox/GameCube/PlayStation 2

10) Mario Kart: Double Dash
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Platform: GameCube

Source: XBox Users Group Dot Com
Anyhow, I just couldn't believe thier logic in putting GT4 infront of Fable. Makes no sense to me. 4 of the games deserve to be recognized, the other 6 really don't deserve to be IMO. Take a guess at which 4 I am talking about.

LynxFX
05-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Fable was definately a better title than GT4. Too bad they couldn't have shown it on the floor because I know that it would have been the talk of the show.

sabca
05-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Merimac brings up a good point. I agree that I would have definitely put the innovative gameplay of Fable over the flashy graphics of GT4. But hey, then it's the age old question, which do you value more. Anyway, It's awesome to see such a strong showing of Xbox titles. Makes me proud to own such a great system.

Shadow20002
05-22-2003, 06:37 PM
In my way, i think just because Grand Tourismo have something called "high reputation" already in gaming world. As for Fable, this wonderful RPG is just the beginning so maybe they are not sure it will be on top when it's out. Just wait for what we got. :cool:

ARONO129
05-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

It is a well known fact that the word 'exclusive' when pertaining to the gaming world does not include the PC. GTA3 and Vice City for example are exclusive to PS2 even though they are out on the PC. Same goes for the titles above.

Calling people retarded won't be tolerated, so please back off a bit.

Finally someone backs me up on that. Thank you.:cheers:

No Fear 23
05-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Anyhow, I just couldn't believe thier logic in putting GT4 infront of Fable. Makes no sense to me. 4 of the games deserve to be recognized, the other 6 really don't deserve to be IMO. Take a guess at which 4 I am talking about.

lol, maybe they jsut feel bad for sony that they dont have a ps2 game in the top 5 and im sure they know that fable is better than that racing game, plus project gothom racine 2 would be better than that racing game. nebody thought of that? i also thought PGR2 would be in the top 15 list. o well