PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft: Ghost Delayed

Brevity
05-23-2003, 09:11 PM
gamespydaily.com
Prophet | 16:22 | Console

Bad news for fans of Blizzard Entertainment's third-person console action game - the game has been delayed. Now you'll have to wait until sometime in early 2004. Here's the official statement:
In order to meet our goals and deliver the outstanding gameplay experience our customers have come to expect from Blizzard products, we have decided to extend our StarCraft: Ghost development schedule through the end of 2003. That said, the Ghost development team remains hard at work, and we look forward to bringing you an outstanding tactical-action console game in 2004.

We firmly believe that this additional development time will prove invaluable, ensuring that the game will truly expand on the legendary gameplay experience found in the previous StarCraft titles. As with all Blizzard products, our goal is to make StarCraft: Ghost the best it can be, and we will not release the game until it's ready.

Announcements regarding further details and specifics on the release of the game will be available in the near future. We encourage you to check our official Web site for updates, and as always, we're grateful for your interest and enthusiasm.

-Blizzard Entertainment

Knight
05-23-2003, 09:19 PM
It's a Blizzard game so it will not be out before 2005. :wink:

Liquid Gears
05-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Delayed? Man.....

Whatever, thanks for the info Brev

Knight
05-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Halo2 & Fable will be out before Ghost is.

RyoTheWanderer
05-23-2003, 09:37 PM
who didnt see this comming? but still.......:cry:

Shadow20002
05-23-2003, 09:38 PM
That's was i think about Blizzard for a long time before they make it in to a real decision. :p QUALITY GAME !!

Knight
05-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by RyoTheWanderer
who didnt see this comming? but still.......:cry:

I seen this coming and it will not be the last time it gets delayed.

It's a Blizzard game, there's going to be 3 or more delays before it's out.

RyoTheWanderer
05-23-2003, 10:48 PM
i know....but the other guy is right, quality game.:cool:

Koopa
05-24-2003, 12:07 AM
*GASP* A BLIZZARD GAME DELAYED?!

it'll be worth it though, so dont ***** and moan about it:D

Knight
05-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
*GASP* A BLIZZARD GAME DELAYED?!

it'll be worth it though, so dont ***** and moan about it:D

Now I will have More money for some other game.

But delays still suck.

sabca
05-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I don't even know why Blizzard bothers to give release dates. I'd even be skeptical if it'll make it's projected 2004 release date now. But the upside is, like every other Blizzard game, when it comes out it will be finished with nothing overlooked. And it will kick ass.

Knight
05-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by sabca
Yeah, I don't even know why Blizzard bothers to give release dates. I'd even be skeptical if it'll make it's projected 2004 release date now. But the upside is, like every other Blizzard game, when it comes out it will be finished with nothing overlooked. And it will kick ass.

Maybe they should just give a date like some time 2004.
Instend of a month day year.

Kraft
05-24-2003, 11:51 AM
It'll probably take them even longer since this is their first game in this genre. Honestly delays don't matter to me much with this game, as it will be the one blizzard game I don't own.

Oh, just to let everyone know, if you don't like Metal Gear Solid gameplay, chances are you won't like Ghost's gameplay.

Knight
05-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Did you play it at E3?

If so tell us about it, how did it play?

What was good about, what was not so great about it?

Brevity
05-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
It'll probably take them even longer since this is their first game in this genre. Honestly delays don't matter to me much with this game, as it will be the one blizzard game I don't own.

Oh, just to let everyone know, if you don't like Metal Gear Solid gameplay, chances are you won't like Ghost's gameplay.
Thanks for all that.