PDA

View Full Version : John C. Dvorak the Jerkoff talks about the XBox.

Knight
05-24-2003, 04:34 PM
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1094549,00.asp

Knight
05-24-2003, 04:47 PM
John C. Dvorak is a anti-microsoft linux troll.

Xbox Owner
05-24-2003, 04:47 PM
That guys such a fanboy. I didn't know Sega stoped Dreamcast because MS was making a console.

Sega got scared and abandoned its nifty Dreamcast, and Sony countered with the powerful but expensive PlayStation 2. Nintendo came out with the GameCube, targeted little kids, and further exploited Mario.

Knight
05-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Despite the promise of better games to come, we've seen no platform-carrying games. Halo came the closest, but one hit does not make a business. I was told to expect a flurry of games, including a better version of the runaway hit Grand Theft Auto. But Sony pulled the rug out by making the console version of the game exclusive to the PlayStation platform. Sony has also managed to get most of its third-party developers to work for it exclusively. Microsoft is left dangling.

Hey Dvorak you are a dumbas$. What is Halo2, Half Life2, Doom3, Brute Force, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex 2 Invisible War, Soul Calibur II, Ninja Gaiden, StarCraft: Ghost, Sudeki, Fable and others? Who needs Grand Theft Auto when you got TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA? Dvorak you give all journalists a name by talking about stuff you don't know a damn thing about.

Knight
05-24-2003, 04:59 PM
How long will it take for the Nintendo fanboy to join in tarring apart fool named Dvorak?

carlbme
05-24-2003, 05:04 PM
He is not anti-Microsoft. He actually makes some very serious points. No one here can deny the fact that the Xbox doesn't have an extremely serious library like the PS2 does.

Halo is the one really great game for the Xbox. Sure there are alot of really good games. But only one real great game that everyone knows is great. The PS2 has several of these. The PS2 has numerous exclusives. The Xbox has numerous ports.

You see tons of PS2 commercials. Almost no Xbox commercials (marketing). Even the commercials for multi-platform games show the Xbox version for the commercial, but at the end of almost all there is an announcer saying to play it on the PS2 while you only see a small Xbox logo at the bottom of the screen....

I could go on but I'm sure that you'll get the point. Either that or I'll be flamed. :watchout:

carlbme
05-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Hey Dvorak you are a dumbas$. What is Halo2, Half Life2, Doom3, Brute Force, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex 2 Invisible War, Soul Calibur II, Ninja Gaiden, StarCraft: Ghost, Sudeki, Fable and others? Who needs Grand Theft Auto when you got TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA? Dvorak you give all journalists a name by talking about stuff you don't know a damn thing about.

Where are these games now. It's been over a year and Halo is still the only great game. And just how many of the games that you mentioned above are Xbox exclusive? Not even half.

Yea, True Crime will be great. But it is still just another game that uses the GTA type gameplay, but without the big name or big hype of GTA. I've read tons of articles by Dvorak, and every single one he's always pointed out facts to back up what he rights. Can't do that without knowing what your talking about.

Knight
05-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by carlbme

I've read tons of articles by Dvorak, and every single one he's always pointed out facts to back up what he rights. Can't do that without knowing what your talking about.

This guy doesn't know **** about Video games and he's nearly as bad as Jayson Blair. Do you like Jayson Blair's journalistist as well?

carlbme
05-24-2003, 05:48 PM

This guy doesn't know **** about Video games and he's nearly as bad as Jayson Blair. Do you like Jayson Blair's journalistist as well?

How do you know that he doesn't know about video games? Besides that article is very little to do with video games themselves and mainly about the lack of marketing for the Xbox.

sabca
05-24-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm with Knight on this one, this guys a tool.

Knight
05-24-2003, 07:35 PM

How do you know that he doesn't know about video games? Besides that article is very little to do with video games themselves and mainly about the lack of marketing for the Xbox.

Do you think this tard plays any Video games, I think Not!? Do you think this jerkoff ask even one member of the game industry when this wrote this dog crap, I think Not!? Then he passes his opinions as facts. This guy writes alot BS & crap, he's ben doing it for a few years now maybe longer. This isn't the first time he passed trash off as journalistist. I'm just sick of his half-ass bs. John C. Dvorak is trash just like Jayson Blair.

shrew king
05-24-2003, 08:27 PM
The situation has worsened as the hacker community targets the Xbox as a possible cheap computer on which to run Linux or play tricked-out versions of online games. Microsoft is completely freaked out about this. Its entire online-gaming strategy assumes a level playing field, with the goal of attracting the broadest number of players in a distributed scene that has to be fair to everyone. A simple software hack could kill the entire strategy.

If a simple software hack could kill the entire strategy, why hasn't it been done?

Other than that remark I think the guy made some good points.

l Maximus l
05-24-2003, 08:29 PM
The article is way too subjective...Definately not an art of professional journalism. It's all opinion.

Knight
05-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
The article is way too subjective...Definately not an art of professional journalism. It's all opinion.

That's how all of his articles are, one-side and he passes his opinions as facts. Yellow journalism.

y2kash_14
05-25-2003, 04:30 AM

hmm.......and how many of those titles are out now?.............thought so :rolleyes:

anyway...this guy is not being biased at all, he is just giving the hard facts. You make it seem as if he is bashing the Xbox. The console isn't doing as well as Microsoft expected, and he (as well as you and I) knows about it, and more importantly "why" it isn't doing as well as it could.

PS2_Fan
05-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

hmm.......and how many of those titles are out now?.............thought so :rolleyes:

anyway...this guy is not being biased at all, he is just giving the hard facts. You make it seem as if he is bashing the Xbox. The console isn't doing as well as Microsoft expected, and he (as well as you and I) knows about it, and more importantly "why" it isn't doing as well as it could.
Amen!

sabca
05-25-2003, 07:40 PM
The way I see it is Xbox has many more titles that appeal to me coming out in the near future than upcoming Playstation titles. And personally I think the current X library is very good, especially when taking into consideration the console is barely over a year old. Sony's library has been growing for like five years or more, and still only has a few appealing titles. But that's just me personally.

ARONO129
05-25-2003, 11:22 PM
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1094549,00.asp

Good find. Even though he writes trash it's good to know IMO.

ARONO129
05-26-2003, 01:59 AM
He is not anti-Microsoft. He actually makes some very serious points. No one here can deny the fact that the Xbox doesn't have an extremely serious library like the PS2 does.

Halo is the one really great game for the Xbox. Sure there are alot of really good games. But only one real great game that everyone knows is great. The PS2 has several of these. The PS2 has numerous exclusives. The Xbox has numerous ports.

You see tons of PS2 commercials. Almost no Xbox commercials (marketing). Even the commercials for multi-platform games show the Xbox version for the commercial, but at the end of almost all there is an announcer saying to play it on the PS2 while you only see a small Xbox logo at the bottom of the screen....

I could go on but I'm sure that you'll get the point. Either that or I'll be flamed. :watchout:

You say Halo is the only great game for the Xbox. Each console is known for one game. What that game is, is a matter of opinion.

Al ot of Sony's huge linup is less than mediocre. With Nintendo you have Mario Land 1, Mario Land 2, Mario Land 3 and so on.

y2kash_14
05-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129

You say Halo is the only great game for the Xbox. Each console is known for one game. What that game is, is a matter of opinion.

Al ot of Sony's huge linup is less than mediocre. With Nintendo you have Mario Land 1, Mario Land 2, Mario Land 3 and so on.

actually, I believe Nintendo and Sony are known for their series of games. And I think Xbox is the only console which is known for only one game.

Kortiz
05-26-2003, 02:41 AM
I think MS is going to be selling a lot of Xbox consoles this christmas.....Fable and Ninja Gaiden are going to be saweet.

LongBow
05-26-2003, 07:18 AM
My god, look at this weasel! So, the Xbox, The “new guy” is not bringing in loads of cash. Sony has been in the game for I dont know how many more years then MS. Look at pic. Dose it look like this jerkass plays games all damm day? I think not. For me, It s about the games, I dont give a flying (insert word here) what retared horse raceing games the PS2 has! I dont want to play FF MMMMM. I like Halo, Morrowind, Ghost Recon. I like playing online with good games. I dont like hearing a grown man pass off “xbox suckz cus micr$soft sucks ;p” as journalism. Hes pathetic.

carlbme
05-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Ok I must be reading a different article cause the one I read said that Microsoft as a whole was good but they had bad marketing which leads to their products not always making as big as they could be.

Duke
05-26-2003, 09:53 AM

actually, I believe Nintendo and Sony are known for their series of games. And I think Xbox is the only console which is known for only one game.

That's true, but xbox has been out for a year and a half, Nintendo for something like twenty, and PS has been around for 10? (Just a guess)

The Halo series (if it goes beyond 2) will be a huge series of games for a long time to come. Other than that though, I guess we'll just have to see.

Knight
05-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Ok I must be reading a different article cause the one I read said that Microsoft as a whole was good but they had bad marketing which leads to their products not always making as big as they could be.

Or maybe your being binded by your like for John C. Dvorak.

ARONO129
05-26-2003, 10:18 AM

Halo, Halo2, Brute Force, Fable just to name a few.

As for the ancient PS2 most games are cr@p. The dying GC has so many sequel the public are speaking out by not buying the console.

Don't forget that the Xbox is also known as the most powerful and versitile console. PS2 is the past and the GC, well, are you going to be at the wake?

Duke
05-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Xbox is known as the most power and versatile of the consoles to those of us who care.

The general public buys them for games. Now I'm a big fan of the xbox and it's library, but when you go look at the selection for each, the PS library dwarfs everything else. That's gonna be a big factor for many consumers.

I'm not saying I agree w/ Dvorak, except that it's true they have had some issues, but he's not the only one who holds that opinion.

carlbme
05-26-2003, 10:49 AM

Or maybe your being binded by your like for John C. Dvorak.

Considering that I neither completely like him, nor dislike him, I find that hard to believe. And I would think that you would be a bit more mature about all of this instead of trying to make more generalizations about people you don't know (in this case me).

Duke
05-26-2003, 10:58 AM
Oh, carlbme, you've been here long enough to realize that'll never happen.

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 04:03 PM

Or maybe your being binded by your like for John C. Dvorak. No your being "blinded" by your like for the Xbox. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the Xbox could use better marketing to boost profits. It's not a opinion, it's a fact.

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129

Halo, Halo2, Brute Force, Fable just to name a few.

And how many of those games are out now? One, lol you can't be known for games that aren't released yet.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by PS2_Fan

And how many of those games are out now? One, lol you can't be known for games that aren't released yet.

Brute Force will be out in two days, n00b. Name a single PS2 title that remotely competes with Halo. I'd say the same for Brute Force, but, you're right, it's not out yet. In two days I'll ask you about that one, too.

sabca
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM

Dude, the console is a YEAR old. Everyone keeps bringing up this "and how many of those games are out now? That's what I thought, heeyuk". Like I said before, keep in mind that the PS library has been growing for I can't remember how many years. I don't see what's wrong with looking at the future games. Actually, I would almost encourage it because it shows a much more promising future for the Xbox.

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 05:14 PM

Brute Force will be out in two days, n00b. Name a single PS2 title that remotely competes with Halo. I'd say the same for Brute Force, but, you're right, it's not out yet. In two days I'll ask you about that one, too. My reply wasn't about competiton between consoles. I agree that Halo is one of the top games on any system, however its the only game the Xbox is known for.

LongBow
05-26-2003, 05:22 PM
My reply wasn't about competiton between consoles. I agree that Halo is one of the top games on any system, however its the only game the Xbox is known for.

I Can not not think about DOA3 when I think about the box. And im sure we all think about Splinter cell, but I guess that has gone for all systems now... But I have to say, DOA3 makes me think Xbox. I like thinking about Xbox. And DOA :) hehe

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by sabca

Dude, the console is a YEAR old. Everyone keeps bringing up this "and how many of those games are out now? That's what I thought, heeyuk". Like I said before, keep in mind that the PS library has been growing for I can't remember how many years. I don't see what's wrong with looking at the future games. Actually, I would almost encourage it because it shows a much more promising future for the Xbox. It doesn't matter how long the Xbox has been out or how big the PS2 library is. You can't label games as a hit, classic, blockbuster, or whatever you want to call them if they arent out yet. And even when they are released the game has to be out a while to generate the hype and fanfare that Grand Theft Auto has done for the PS2 or Halo has done for the Xbox.

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by LongBow

I Can not not think about DOA3 when I think about the box. And im sure we all think about Splinter cell, but I guess that has gone for all systems now... But I have to say, DOA3 makes me think Xbox. I like thinking about Xbox. And DOA :) hehe
DOA is a good game but I'm talking about games that will make you buy the console. DOA in my opinion doesn't do that.

SPARTAN VI
05-26-2003, 05:40 PM
It doesn't matter how long the Xbox has been out or how big the PS2 library is. You can't label games as a hit, classic, blockbuster, or whatever you want to call them if they arent out yet. And even when they are released the game has to be out a while to generate the hype and fanfare that Grand Theft Auto has done for the PS2 or Halo has done for the Xbox.

True, but its only a matter of time before we can call them a "hit", "classic", or "blockbuster". And I absolutely willing to wait.

sabca
05-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Personally, I think a promising future for the Xbox library with all these great games coming out would be enough to make me want to buy it. In fact, it's a large part of the reason I DID buy my Xbox. So upcoming games are still games that make you want to buy a console. Which is exactly what you're looking for.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 05:58 PM
My reply wasn't about competiton between consoles. I agree that Halo is one of the top games on any system, however its the only game the Xbox is known for.

XBox is also known for XBox Live...the best on-line gaming experience for consoles. PS2 or the GC can't compete with it.

It's hilarious to me when people argue "I can use a dial up with my PS2 and not have to pay for expensive broadband to play XBox Live." Dial up is a joke to play on-line with...it's practically impossible.

The XBox is also known for it's hard-drive, ethernet card built in, four controller ports (and many games that support four or more players, unlike the PS2). By the way, what the hell is up with a multi-tap? That one is beyond me...

Grand Theft Auto is so extremely washed up. It lacks in so many areas where True Crime: Streets of L.A. is going to pick up on. I don't know...if you ask me, picking up a PS2 now is absolutely foolish...it's old technology and what you see now on the PS2 is as good as it's going to get. XBox has only been out for a year and a few months...we have just barely seen second generation games.

Remember first generation games on the PS2? I couldn't tell between last generation PS1 games and first generation PS2 games. Just give it time, the XBox will dominate the gaming world. You heard it here first :wink:

sabca
05-26-2003, 06:07 PM

Amen!

;)

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Personally, I think a promising future for the Xbox library with all these great games coming out would be enough to make me want to buy it. In fact, it's a large part of the reason I DID buy my Xbox. So upcoming games are still games that make you want to buy a console. Which is exactly what you're looking for. My point has completely went by you. :confused:

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 11:05 PM

XBox is also known for XBox Live...the best on-line gaming

Just give it time, the XBox will dominate the gaming world. You heard it here first :wink: True, but still Halo is the only game Xbox is known for. Keep waiting for the future.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 11:07 PM
True, but still Halo is the only game Xbox is known for. Keep waiting for the future.

I will agree that Halo is XBox's flagship title, however, I will disagree with you that it's the only game that XBox is known for.

PS2_Fan
05-26-2003, 11:20 PM

I will agree that Halo is XBox's flagship title, however, I will disagree with you that it's the only game that XBox is known for. Well then name some. They have to be out now. Can you name at least five?

kylman49
05-26-2003, 11:44 PM
okey dokey he does not know what he is talking about and needs to shut up. Xbox is becoming popular and more popular and he is jsut running his mouth. Xbox has so many good games. no other game consoles can withstand.

:mad:

i love my xbox

kylman49
05-26-2003, 11:51 PM
easy:
Halo
Splinter Cell
RTCW
Enter the Matrix
Ghost Recon
MechAssualt
Unreal Championship
Brute Force (today)
i could go on

what are some good PS2 games?
i dont know maybe GTA: Vice City?

Bigwig
05-27-2003, 12:20 AM
The way I see it is Xbox has many more titles that appeal to me coming out in the near future than upcoming Playstation titles. And personally I think the current X library is very good, especially when taking into consideration the console is barely over a year old. Sony's library has been growing for like five years or more, and still only has a few appealing titles. But that's just me personally.

110% wit ya. Microsofts 1st party titles are starting to look better then Nintendo and Sonys put together.

If you want Xbox only thats out now how about
Shenmue
Steel Batallion
Mechassault
Morrowind
UFC Tapout
Capcom VS SNK
Panzer Dragoon ORTA
Bruce Lee:cuss:

PS2_Fan
05-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by kylman49
easy:
Halo
Splinter Cell
RTCW
Enter the Matrix
Ghost Recon
MechAssualt
Unreal Championship
Brute Force (today)
i could go on

what are some good PS2 games?
i dont know maybe GTA: Vice City?
I'll give you Halo and Unreal Championship. But the rest of those games are multi-platform games therefore they cannot be games that Xbox is known for. Again, Brute Force doesn't count because it hasn't been released yet. When I see the reviews for that game I'll add it to the list. What are some good PS2 games? LOL! I didn't want to bring it to this but you made me. Gran Turismo 3, Final Fantasy X, Socom, GTA Vice City, and The Getaway. And all of those games are exclusive to the PS2. Next!

y2kash_14
05-27-2003, 12:27 AM

I'll give you Halo and Unreal Championship. But the rest of those games are multi-platform games therefore they cannot be games that Xbox is known for. Again, Brute Force doesn't count because it hasn't been released yet. When I see the reviews for that game I'll add it to the list. What are some good PS2 games? LOL! I didn't want to bring it to this but you made me. Gran Turismo 3, Final Fantasy X, Socom, GTA Vice City, and The Getaway. And all of those games are exclusive to the PS2. Next!

not to mention Tekken 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 :cheers:

(Unreal Champ. really isn't very good)

PS2_Fan
05-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Bigwig

110% wit ya. Microsofts 1st party titles are starting to look better then Nintendo and Sonys put together.

Shenmue------> I'll give it to you.
Steel Batallion---------> Not a game Xbox is known for.
Mechassault------------> Not a game Xbox is known for.
Morrowind--------------> I'll give it to you.
UFC Tapout--------------> Multi-platform game doesn't count.
Capcom VS SNK----------------> Multi-platform game doesn't count.
Panzer Dragoon ORTA-------------------> Close but I'll give it to you.
Bruce Lee:cuss:-------->:D Thats only three. Next!

PS2_Fan
05-27-2003, 12:37 AM

not to mention Tekken 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 :cheers:

(Unreal Champ. really isn't very good) :cool:

y2kash_14
05-27-2003, 12:37 AM
That only three. Next!

although I have agreed with most of your opinions...I must say that Xbox is definitley known for Steel Battalion, that game was pretty much first of its kind.

Koopa
05-27-2003, 12:48 AM

GTAVC isn't exclusive (PC:D)
The Getaway is a wannabe GTA
Socom is mediocre, and ghost recon is better/more realistic:D (IMO)...but i guess that counts..

I think Xbox's big thing isn't soo much the xclusives, but just that it gets the best versions of multiplatform games (excluding EA games)..just looking at the games iii have, i see:
SplinterCell-best on Xbox (or PC:D)
Clone wars-best on xbox (live)
Wolfenstein-best on xbox (live)

soooo neither ps2 nor xbox have a ton of great 1st party games......if you want that, buy a gamecube
:D

I personally have a GC for the 1st party gems like zelda and metroid (although i didn't see many "gems" at this years e3:(), then Xbox for the best third party games and a few great first party stuff, not to mention live support...
and i've got my killer PC, cuz pc gaming will always be better

l Maximus l
05-27-2003, 12:49 AM
Hey, PS2 Fan...what the hell do you mean that XBox is not known for Mechassault? You must live in a cave.....

Look, I'm always up for a debate but trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable is not my cup of tea. If you want to debate about the PS2, then, go to the XBox vs PS2 debate forums.

LynxFX
05-27-2003, 12:50 AM
Not to raze on a member but are you on cocaine?

Since you are so strictly enforcing the rule of not allowing incredible games shown at E3 in your list (all of which blow away anything that PS2 showed)
BC
Fable
Crimson Skies
Rainbow Six 3
Prince of Persia
True Fantasy Star Online
Halo 2
Doom III
Ninja Gaiden
Project Gotham Racing 2
Amped 2
and I'll just stop there...

So here are some games that I will add that I feel set Xbox apart:
Deathrow (probably the most underrated Xbox game)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Whacked!
Oddword: Munch's Oddysee
Rallysport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing
Amped
Quantum Redshift
and I'll even add Enter the Matrix since the Xbox is the only console that supported 720p and 1080i as well as DD 5.1 sound.

There is plenty out there now, and plenty to come to keep any gamer happy, old or new, with an Xbox. IMO of course.

y2kash_14
05-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

GTAVC isn't exclusive (PC:D)
The Getaway is a wannabe GTA
Socom is mediocre, and ghost recon is better/more realistic:D (IMO)...but i guess that counts..

just in case you don't know.....Ghost Recon is multi-platform :)

l Maximus l
05-27-2003, 12:58 AM

just in case you don't know.....Ghost Recon is multi-platform :)

Yes, Ghost Recon is multi-platform, but, it can only be played on-line via XBox Live or on the PC. I think Koopa was simply illustrating that XBox has the best version of the same game found on other platforms.

y2kash_14
05-27-2003, 01:02 AM
It's funny to see how this Thread has changed from talking about this guys' article, to a petty "better console" debate

PS2_Fan
05-27-2003, 01:22 AM
It's funny to see how this Thread has changed from talking about this guys' article, to a petty "better console" debate Yeah thats what I was talking about at first too but other members turned it into a console debate. I guess its because of my screen name.

PS2_Fan
05-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Hey, PS2 Fan...what the hell do you mean that XBox is not known for Mechassault? You must live in a cave.....

Look, I'm always up for a debate but trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable is not my cup of tea. If you want to debate about the PS2, then, go to the XBox vs PS2 debate forums. I'm not being unreasonable. All I asked for was somebody name five hit games that are exclusive to the Xbox and are already released. So far know one has done that. I love both my Xbox and PS2. I didn't mean to turn this into a Xbox vs. PS2 debate or I didn't wanna get any long time members or Mods upset especially since I'm a newbie here. I like this board.

LynxFX
05-27-2003, 03:10 AM
I'm not being unreasonable. All I asked for was somebody name five hit games that are exclusive to the Xbox and are already released. So far know one has done that.
That has been done:

Halo
MechAssault
Unreal Championship
DOA3
Project Gotham Racing

There you go, now that that is done, let's scrap all of this PS2 is this, Xbox is that and go back to talking about the article. I'll do the same. ;) Anymore posts asking anyone to post lists of games that show just how "cool" a console is will be deleted from this thread. If you want to talk about that, take it to the debate :argue1: forums where you can do it all day long.

The end.

SPARTAN VI
05-27-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

That has been done:

Halo
MechAssault
Unreal Championship
DOA3
Project Gotham Racing

There you go, now that that is done, let's scrap all of this PS2 is this, Xbox is that and go back to talking about the article. I'll do the same. ;) Anymore posts asking anyone to post lists of games that show just how "cool" a console is will be deleted from this thread. If you want to talk about that, take it to the debate :argue1: forums where you can do it all day long.

The end.

Pfff, I don't know aobut you guys.. but that deserves an AMEN!!

http://www.momof9splace.com/cards2/amen.jpg

y2kash_14
05-27-2003, 03:23 AM
actually I think it should be Steel Battalion instead of Unreal Champ. for thy game hath sucketh :cheers:

natewebb
05-27-2003, 03:21 PM
This guy has issues with M$ and is taking it out on the XBOX. If the XBOX is subsidized by Windows (it is) all the better for me, the XBOX consumer.

I think the XBOX is sucessful in general. I wouldn't have guessed it could outpace Nintendo so fast. That's like a new cola showing up and outselling coke. It's amazing. When XBOX# passes Playstation# sales in 2007, that will amaze me again.

Since the PS3 will probably be a web browser, M$ needs to to battle with it. The last thing M$ wants is people to use PS3's as PC substitues. They would loose a fortune in OS sales. It's not about games, it's about keeping people dependent on Windows. They dont want people surfing the web without a M$ product.

Whatever the motivation, it only benfits the game consumer.

Bigwig
05-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Thats only three. Next!

[/B][/QUOTE]

UFC Tapout is only Xbox and so is the new version of Capcom VS SNK. Also the Xbox has a habbit of apealing stronger to the hardcore educated game and despite the fact that Tao Feng(sp) and the NFL Fever games recieve more commercials Mechassault and Steel Batallion are as well know by its gamers as some PS 2 titles. The Xbox has one obvious advantage in software and that is that its built to play better software. When the new Castelvania game is announced Konami states that they brought the game to the PS 2 because it has the most owners. That equals dollers and cents. When TECMO talks about Ninja Gaiden and DOA 4 they say its on the Xbox because the other consoles cant handel them. Fast forward the Xbox a year into the future and in the same time of its exsistance it will have wayyy better games then the PS 2. Even now its compeating but when you consider the PS 2 cant even play an RPG its hardware is creating an obvious software advantage. The PS 2 could not play Morrowind, it cant play KOTOR, DX 2, Fable, or Arx. Thats just memory, graphics is hurting is ability to get certain games as well. Maybe you could argue that the PS 2 has a software advantage but check out the reviews. I bet Panzer, KOTOR, PSO and Brute Force will do better then DMC 2, Tenchu 3, The Getaway, Xenosaga, and Auto Modelista. Batallion, Reacon, and Mechassault did better then them last year. The only A class title the PS 2 has had sense christmas has been that Konami Soccor game. Is that a sofware advantage? I think not when you consider the crossport advantage and the E3 awards.

bretman1234
05-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig

UFC Tapout is only Xbox and so is the new version of Capcom VS SNK. Also the Xbox has a habbit of apealing stronger to the hardcore educated game and despite the fact that Tao Feng(sp) and the NFL Fever games recieve more commercials Mechassault and Steel Batallion are as well know by its gamers as some PS 2 titles. The Xbox has one obvious advantage in software and that is that its built to play better software. When the new Castelvania game is announced Konami states that they brought the game to the PS 2 because it has the most owners. That equals dollers and cents. When TECMO talks about Ninja Gaiden and DOA 4 they say its on the Xbox because the other consoles cant handel them. Fast forward the Xbox a year into the future and in the same time of its exsistance it will have wayyy better games then the PS 2. Even now its compeating but when you consider the PS 2 cant even play an RPG its hardware is creating an obvious software advantage. The PS 2 could not play Morrowind, it cant play KOTOR, DX 2, Fable, or Arx. Thats just memory, graphics is hurting is ability to get certain games as well. Maybe you could argue that the PS 2 has a software advantage but check out the reviews. I bet Panzer, KOTOR, PSO and Brute Force will do better then DMC 2, Tenchu 3, The Getaway, Xenosaga, and Auto Modelista. Batallion, Reacon, and Mechassault did better then them last year. The only A class title the PS 2 has had sense christmas has been that Konami Soccor game. Is that a sofware advantage? I think not when you consider the crossport advantage and the E3 awards. [/B][/QUOTE]

good for you and all, with the xbox rules stuff cuz i totally agree, but.....
lynx told us to go back to the article. Just forget ps2 fan and y2kash and lets move on. Lets take this thread to the debate forums if u mods want.

VeNoMiZA
05-27-2003, 05:23 PM

I'll give you Halo and Unreal Championship. But the rest of those games are multi-platform games therefore they cannot be games that Xbox is known for. Again, Brute Force doesn't count because it hasn't been released yet. When I see the reviews for that game I'll add it to the list. What are some good PS2 games? LOL! I didn't want to bring it to this but you made me. Gran Turismo 3, Final Fantasy X, Socom, GTA Vice City, and The Getaway. And all of those games are exclusive to the PS2. Next! oh man i didnt know mechassault came out for the ps2 !! your such a dumbaSS! and by what he means, ghost recon is XBL, wolfenstein is XBL, Brute force isnt multiplatform. Idiot.

carlbme
05-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Now people no need for name calling. A mod has already said to drop the PS2-Xbox thing and to get back on track.

I still think it's a great article that is saying that the Xbox could be MUCH better if MS were to market it a bit better.

Bigwig
05-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

good for you and all, with the xbox rules stuff cuz i totally agree, but.....
lynx told us to go back to the article. Just forget ps2 fan and y2kash and lets move on. Lets take this thread to the debate forums if u mods want.

There is a lot of overlapped generality in both the article and Ps 2 fan, and y2kash arguments. If you look at top ten games VS top ten games on every console sense christmas their are few clear advantages, and you know which console has had more delays.

PS2_Fan
05-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
oh man i didnt know mechassault came out for the ps2 !! your such a dumbaSS! and by what he means, ghost recon is XBL, wolfenstein is XBL, Brute force isnt multiplatform. Idiot. Lol, that wasn't necessary. Mechassault isn't multi-platform. You pick the one mistake I made and blowup about it. Ghost Recon is for PS2, Xbox, and GC. I don't know were you got Wolfenstien from because the person who I replied to didn't list that game. And if you would read before you post I specifically said that Brute Force doesn't count because it wasn't released when I wrote that. Im done.

l Maximus l
05-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Im done.

Good.