PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or...

Alfy
05-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Is it me or does the Xbox have nothing in the way of decent games purely for the XBox..

I mean ive got a PS2 and have most decent games on it.

And now Ive bought an Xbox and have about 10 games I dont see many more that seem good enough to make a purchase of or any that I dont already have for the PS2

I've got

NBA Street Vol 2
Colin McCrae 3
Halo
MGS2
Enter The Matrix
Moto GP2
Burnout 2

and thats about it I think not many but when ever I go into the store too look what game to purchase next nothing seems to catch my eye..

Kind of dissapointing really :( :cry:

sabca
05-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Personally, I'm really looking forward to what's coming out. Like everyone and their dog seems to mention, there's a ton of great titles coming out, so just be patient I suppose :)

Alfy
05-24-2003, 06:38 PM
True..

But it seems at the moment game developers are relying to much on the PS2 and making games for that then converting them to XBox and GCN and not taking the oppourtunity to use the Xbox & GCN better system specs.

So each game lacks in graphics and in gameplay where it could of been much better if only it wore purely made on the xbox etc.

I wonder what will happen if a PS3 ever came out in the near future? which i've heard rumors of.

Would the Xbox die? :(

No Fear 23
05-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Halo 2, Doom 3, Half-life 2, counterstrike, BC, Fable, kinghts of the old republic, island thunder, Rainbow shield. etc are all coming out. i know its a long wait, but it'll be worth it.

StudioAlex
05-24-2003, 06:41 PM
No, the xbox won't die.

Anyway, I sorta feel the same way about the box. I own all three systems but the only one I'm really interested in is the box. Why? Because it has the most potential.

When E3 rolls around and all i see are games I've been wanting to play for over a year and won't play for more than that, I get discouraged.

LynxFX
05-24-2003, 06:46 PM
And you mustn't forget:

Crimson Skies (best live game coming out in the near future)
True Fantasy Star Online
Project Gotham Racing 2
Amped 2
Outlaw Golf 2
Rainbow Six 3 (no it is not Raven Shield that is on the PC now)

Shadow20002
05-24-2003, 07:04 PM
These ones need to come fast, i have a feeling that i'm a little bit losing interest on gaming world... :eek: Maybe just because it's raining today and i'm alone in the dark at home. :o

l Maximus l
05-24-2003, 08:25 PM
I challenge you, what one game on PS2 has a better game, or expected better game, than any current XBox game or future XBox game coming? I can't think of a single one. One could say GTA Vice City, but, True Crime: Streets of L.A. is expected to blow the doors off of it.

If you think about it, yes, there are a lot of game ported to the black and green beauty. But, don't forget that the XBox is extremely easy to develop for (any game developer will admit that), especially comparing the PS2 and GC platforms. Take a gander of XBox's version of Splinter Cell. Obviously, a bad ass game, however, take a gander at the PS2 or even the GC version...Definately toned down.

More and more developers are realizing this...Microsoft is still the new kid on the block compared to Sony and Nintendo...and, it takes time to produce games (sometimes up to 2 years). So, just be patient and you'll see.

Remember first generation PS2 games? Not much different than last generation PS1 games from a graphical standpoint. But, given time, the PS2 has upped the bar.

Highlite23
05-25-2003, 10:37 AM
I still have a hard time believing this far into XBOX's run that some of you still fear that it will die. Gimme the HOW?? and WHY??

Keep in mind that "Mainstream" gamers are really the ones that produce a ton of money for any system, so for every 1 "Great" game a die hard gamer gives kudos too, the mainstreamer may have 3 or 4.

And, as Max already said, for every GTA there will be a True Crime, I own all three also, and 99% of the time i'm on the box.

I think between E3 and Christmas alot of folks will realize this system ain't goin anywhere, much to Sony's dismay, it's true.

The system is solid, their are solid games available and comming, and as far as on-line capabilities...LIVE is hard to knock, yes you may not like the fees, but it's sill the best game in town. I'll interject my usuall Live sidenote...If you think the "Other" guys are offering "FREE" on-line service, your not seeing clearly....NONE OF THIS IS FREE!! XBOX chose to be up front about it, and did it the right way.

Waterspout
05-26-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Alfy
Is it me or does the Xbox have nothing in the way of decent games purely for the XBox..

I mean ive got a PS2 and have most decent games on it.

And now Ive bought an Xbox and have about 10 games I dont see many more that seem good enough to make a purchase of or any that I dont already have for the PS2

I've got

NBA Street Vol 2
Colin McCrae 3
Halo
MGS2
Enter The Matrix
Moto GP2
Burnout 2

and thats about it I think not many but when ever I go into the store too look what game to purchase next nothing seems to catch my eye..

Kind of dissapointing really :( :cry:

You are missing Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Dead to Rights and MVP Baseball.
The future for XBOX will be better than the other consoles. I am looking forward to

Brute Force
Counter-strike
Conflict Desert Storm 2
Black 9
Blowout
Breakdown
Deus X: Invisible War
Doom III
The Four Horesmen of the Apocalypse
Freedom: Soldiers of Liberty
Full Spectrum Warrior
GR Island Thunder
The Great Escape
Halo 2
Kill Switch
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Madden
Men of Valor
NCAA March Madness
NBA Live 2004
NCAA Football 2004
NFL 2K4
Operation Flashpoint
Rainbow Six
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
Soldier of Fortune
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Trinity
X-Files

ARONO129
05-26-2003, 10:07 AM
True..

But it seems at the moment game developers are relying to much on the PS2 and making games for that then converting them to XBox and GCN and not taking the oppourtunity to use the Xbox & GCN better system specs.

So each game lacks in graphics and in gameplay where it could of been much better if only it wore purely made on the xbox etc.

I wonder what will happen if a PS3 ever came out in the near future? which i've heard rumors of.

Would the Xbox die? :(

The Xbox is in the number two position a year and a half after launch. I'd say we are doing pretty good. Other members have already listed some of the great games coming out. I can't wait for Brute Force which I'm getting in two days.;)

The Xbox is here to stay. PS2 has more games but they don't have more good games.

Alfy
05-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Waterspout

You are missing Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Dead to Rights and MVP Baseball.
The future for XBOX will be better than the other consoles. I am looking forward to

Brute Force
Counter-strike
Conflict Desert Storm 2
Black 9
Blowout
Breakdown
Deus X: Invisible War
Doom III
The Four Horesmen of the Apocalypse
Freedom: Soldiers of Liberty
Full Spectrum Warrior
GR Island Thunder
The Great Escape
Halo 2
Kill Switch
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Madden
Men of Valor
NCAA March Madness
NBA Live 2004
NCAA Football 2004
NFL 2K4
Operation Flashpoint
Rainbow Six
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
Soldier of Fortune
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Trinity
X-Files

30% if not more of those games above will all also be on the PS2 meaning there going to be substandard graphics and gameplay compared to if they were made for the Xbox..

+ i have those games you mentioned e.g. Splinter Cell, Dead To Rights, some other baseball game Slugfest 2004 all on PS2 and Ghost Recon on PC but im also getting it for XBox

new titles ive purchaesd

- Kung Fo Chaos
- Tony Hawks 4 (also got it on PS2)
- Colin MCrea3 - Really impressive
- NBA Steet Vol 2 - also very fun to play
- Amped - I prefered coolboards on PS1 :p
- Outlaw Golf which looks like a top game too just need to play more

So Yeh I get what you guys mean..

Im just gonna have to be patient :watchout: :cheers:

bretman1234
05-26-2003, 12:53 PM
nobody seems to mention XIII in their lists of games. I think this game looks totally *****in, and it is gonna be one of the surprise hits.

Waterspout
05-26-2003, 01:54 PM

30% if not more of those games above will all also be on the PS2 meaning there going to be substandard graphics and gameplay compared to if they were made for the Xbox..

+ i have those games you mentioned e.g. Splinter Cell, Dead To Rights, some other baseball game Slugfest 2004 all on PS2 and Ghost Recon on PC but im also getting it for XBox

new titles ive purchaesd

- Kung Fo Chaos
- Tony Hawks 4 (also got it on PS2)
- Colin MCrea3 - Really impressive
- NBA Steet Vol 2 - also very fun to play
- Amped - I prefered coolboards on PS1 :p
- Outlaw Golf which looks like a top game too just need to play more

So Yeh I get what you guys mean..

Im just gonna have to be patient :watchout: :cheers:

30-40% isn't a high percentage....plus, Halo 2 will smoke anything that is unique to PS2....much like the first Halo did.

Waterspout
05-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
nobody seems to mention XIII in their lists of games. I think this game looks totally *****in, and it is gonna be one of the surprise hits.

I don't care for the cartoonish style.

MerimacHamwich
05-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Xbox exclusive games the Hamwich enjoys:
Unreal Championship
Mech Assault
Halo
Amped
Transworld Snowboarding
Deathrow
The Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind
NFL Fever
MotoGP
Rallisport Challenge
Jet Set Radio Future
Sega GT 2002
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Project Gotham Racing
Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus

That is a list of the games I have played. Ofcourse if I had played RTCW it would probably be on that list as well.

List of games the Hamwich is looking forward to:
Breed
Halo 2
Doom 3
Fable
Black and White 2
XII
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Athena (sword or shield, don't remember which)
Star Wars Knights of the old Republic
Star Wars Jedi Academy
NHL Rivals 2004
Ralli Sport Challenge 2
Project Gotham Racing 2
NFL Fever 2004
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Kameo: Elements of Power
Deus Ex 2
Half Life 2
Counter Strike on Xbox
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Game Of The Year Edition
Brute Force (I am skeptical but want to see if the game can pull it off)
Kingdom Under Fire

Note: All above mentioned games are Xbox exclusives. As well there are undoubtedly more I have just forgotten.

So, really, I think there is already a library of some great games and the future promises at the very least a doubling of great Xbox exclusive games.

:cheers:

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Xbox exclusive games the Hamwich enjoys:
Unreal Championship
Mech Assault
Halo
Amped
Transworld Snowboarding
Deathrow
The Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind
NFL Fever
MotoGP
Rallisport Challenge
Jet Set Radio Future
Sega GT 2002
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Project Gotham Racing
Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus

That is a list of the games I have played. Ofcourse if I had played RTCW it would probably be on that list as well.

List of games the Hamwich is looking forward to:
Breed
Halo 2
Doom 3
Fable
Black and White 2
XII
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Athena (sword or shield, don't remember which)
Star Wars Knights of the old Republic
Star Wars Jedi Academy
NHL Rivals 2004
Ralli Sport Challenge 2
Project Gotham Racing 2
NFL Fever 2004
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Kameo: Elements of Power
Deus Ex 2
Half Life 2
Counter Strike on Xbox
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Game Of The Year Edition
Brute Force (I am skeptical but want to see if the game can pull it off)
Kingdom Under Fire

Note: All above mentioned games are Xbox exclusives. As well there are undoubtedly more I have just forgotten.

So, really, I think there is already a library of some great games and the future promises at the very least a doubling of great Xbox exclusive games.

:cheers:

Beware of the Hamwich :D

No Fear 23
05-26-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Beware of the Hamwich :D

i eat ham sandwiches for breakfest :yikes: :rofl:

beware of FEAR that falls upon you :cheers:

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 10:45 PM
I hear ya, Fear...but will show you to the contrary on-line :D

But, back on topic, the XBox has several things that seperate itself from the rest:

1. The Hard Drive
- allows for game saves
- won't require a memory card
- rip your own music while playing selective games
- download new content from XBox Live
- copy new content from OXM discs if provided

2. Ethernet card built in
- no need to purchase an adapter to play on-line..it's ready to go out of the box!
- System Link compatible with simple CAT 5 Ethernet cables via Patch (with a HUB, Switch, or Router) or a Crossover for console to console linking.

3. Four controller ports
- no need to purchase a stupid multi-tap
- Nearly every multi-player game supports atleast four players unlike the PoS2 and Lamecube

4. Processing power
- Nearly three times as powerful as the PoS2
- Nearly double the power of the Lamecube

5. Graphics capability

6. XBox Live
- Strictly broadband, therefore, dial-up gamers won't lag game
- Record keeping for stats
- *all* games have voice communication
- Voice masking options
- Downloadable content
- Incredible community organization - friend lists, etc
- Sweet headset and two on-line game demos
- One year of unlimited XBox Live access for $50 per year only.

7. XBox games
- Exclusive titles are bad ass
- Many games are now starting to utilize downloadable content whether they are on-line enabled games our not.
- Many ported games include "XBox Xtras" including new playable characters, maps, more weapons, etc etc etc.
- Current games like Halo, the XBox version of Splinter Cell, the XBox version of Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, and several others.
- Upcoming exclusives including Halo 2, Counter Strike, Half Life 2, DOOM 3, BC, Fable, KOTOR, Brute Force (coming out in 2 days), Rainbow Six: 3 Raven Shield, and several others.

Why in the hell would anyone not want an XBox over the other consoles? They simply don't compare. The only *huge* title on PS2 is the Grand Theft Auto series, however, XBox is countering that with True Crime: Streets of L.A. and to top it all off, the GTA series will also be found on XBox relatively soon. As for the GC, XBox can't really compete with their exclusive games that feature exclusive characters like the new Zelda and Metroid Prime. While those games are both bad ass, the XBox overall destroys the GC.

Waterspout
05-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Sometimes I forget about the hard drive (relative to the other consoles). I was thinking that maybe I should buy the PS2 because of the recent $20 drop in price. Having two consoles would be nice of course. I was at Best Buy with the PS2 in my hands till I realized I would have to spend $50 on memory cards, and even that would probably not be enough for me. I said hell with that and bought a few Xbox games instead. I guess I have been taking the XBOX hard drive for granted.

ARONO129
05-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I hear ya, Fear...but will show you to the contrary on-line :D

But, back on topic, the XBox has several things that seperate itself from the rest:

1. The Hard Drive
- allows for game saves
- won't require a memory card
- rip your own music while playing selective games
- download new content from XBox Live
- copy new content from OXM discs if provided

2. Ethernet card built in
- no need to purchase an adapter to play on-line..it's ready to go out of the box!
- System Link compatible with simple CAT 5 Ethernet cables via Patch (with a HUB, Switch, or Router) or a Crossover for console to console linking.

3. Four controller ports
- no need to purchase a stupid multi-tap
- Nearly every multi-player game supports atleast four players unlike the PoS2 and Lamecube

4. Processing power

5. Graphics capability

6. XBox Live
- Strictly broadband, therefore, dial-up gamers won't lag game
- Record keeping for stats
- *all* games have voice communication
- Voice masking options
- Downloadable content
- Incredible community organization - friend lists, etc
- Sweet headset and two on-line game demos
- One year of unlimited XBox Live access for $50 per year only.

7. XBox games
- Exclusive titles are bad ass
- Many games are now starting to utilize downloadable content whether they are on-line enabled games our not.
- Many ported games include "XBox Xtras" including new playable characters, maps, more weapons, etc etc etc.
- Current games like Halo, the XBox version of Splinter Cell, the XBox version of Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, and several others.
- Upcoming exclusives including Halo 2, Counter Strike, Half Life 2, DOOM 3, BC, Fable, KOTOR, Brute Force (coming out in 2 days), Rainbow Six: 3 Raven Shield, and several others.

Why in the hell would anyone not want an XBox over the other consoles? They simply don't compare. The only *huge* title on PS2 is the Grand Theft Auto series, however, XBox is countering that with True Crime: Streets of L.A. and to top it all off, the GTA series will also be found on XBox relatively soon. As for the GC, XBox can't really compete with their exclusive games that feature exclusive characters like the new Zelda and Metroid Prime. While those games are both bad ass, the XBox overall destroys the GC.

Max you are closing in on 8,000 posts and I can honestly tell you that it's never tiring hearing you say PoS2 and Lamecube because that describes the other two "consoles" perfectly.:cheers:

aj142
05-27-2003, 11:38 AM
I just played XBOX live for the first time this weekend. I was already an XBOX believer before... now I'm a born again XBOX worshipper. Okay, a bit dramatic, but to say the least - now my other two consoles shall collect even more dust than before.

bretman1234
05-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Sometimes I forget about the hard drive (relative to the other consoles). I was thinking that maybe I should buy the PS2 because of the recent $20 drop in price. Having two consoles would be nice of course. I was at Best Buy with the PS2 in my hands till I realized I would have to spend $50 on memory cards, and even that would probably not be enough for me. I said hell with that and bought a few Xbox games instead. I guess I have been taking the XBOX hard drive for granted.

wow, you were very close to making a VERY bad decision. Even though the ps2 dropped in price, it is still the same PoS2. Looks like u made a fine choice my friend, with putting back that system, and picking up some games for IMO the best system out there.

Waterspout
05-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

wow, you were very close to making a VERY bad decision. Even though the ps2 dropped in price, it is still the same PoS2. Looks like u made a fine choice my friend, with putting back that system, and picking up some games for IMO the best system out there.

Nice sig....I love Paul Pierce!!
Need to trade Walker though to get a big man, and then draft a point guard in the first round. If Pitino wasn't such an idiot during his stay in Boston, we would have Billups in the starting five.

bretman1234
05-27-2003, 06:36 PM

Nice sig....I love Paul Pierce!!
Need to trade Walker though to get a big man, and then draft a point guard in the first round. If Pitino wasn't such an idiot during his stay in Boston, we would have Billups in the starting five.

100% gotta agree with u there buddy!
Paul Pierce- Rocks
Antoine Walker- Needs to go, maybe get Jermaine O'Neal
Rick Pitino- I HATE YOU!
Vin Baker- Your too old! And you make too much money for a sucker!

ok it was nice to reflect on my beloved celtics, but lets move on and talk about my second favorite love, video games.