PDA

View Full Version : Weird Places to Put Vehicles

bonk
12-07-2001, 02:55 PM
While in multiplayer mode (Blood Gulch), I was able to get a Warthog on top of one of the bases. And no, you can't drive that thing up there. What weird places have you been able to squeeze in vehicles? To see how I did it, watch the movie at: http://homepage.mac.com/bonk1221/

xboxman_1
12-07-2001, 08:01 PM
In Sidewinder, I have gotten all FOUR ghosts into one base. Yes your thinking "Yeah, right," and since I don't have a digital camera so I can't prove it, you'll just have to believe me. Yes, it can be done, but I'll only tell you how if you ask nicely.

bonk
12-08-2001, 01:14 PM
Well, aren't we funny?

-bonk

Twisted J
12-08-2001, 04:10 PM
hahhahahha im going to have to do that when im playing my friends!ahhahahahah oh and xboxman_1, i love your sig!!<center>
~~~XboX PrYdE!!~~~</center>

Alec
12-08-2001, 04:53 PM
I was playing a 1 on 1 race anything goes with my friend, ( on sidewinder.) and he was in the room with the ladders going up leading to the Sniper area, he was trying to get the checkpoint. His warthog was parked right in front of the roof of the room. ( you know how it enters from two sides well it was right between those two sides.)

Along I came with a Tank and I rammed the car, and the car ended up on top of the roof, he got it down by going to the sniper room and then falling down on top of the roof. But it slowed him down a lot.

And I won!!

xboxman_1
12-09-2001, 06:38 PM
oh and xboxman_1, i love your sig!!
Thank you, thank you.
Anyway, back to the matter at hand, to get the ghost up into the base, (this is how I did it) park a tank right down below the base, between the two openings like Alec said. One person sits in the tank, and turns the cannon a bit to the left. (I know that sounds trivial, but if you don't do it, I couldn't get the ghosts up there.) Then floor a ghost straight at the front end of the tank. It should fly straight up there! Good luck!

Supperdog
12-15-2001, 04:54 PM
hmm lets see...on the 2nd level, in the warthog, i drove it off one of the mini cliffs (near the stream when you have to find the lifeboats) and it landed on its nose and stayed there!!! it was really funny lookin. too bad my passenger had his head crushed :(

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 02:12 PM
this one time i was driving my car and thats about it

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 05:13 PM
i put the 4 ghosts and a tank on top but the tank basically smashed them and also i put a tank and a jeep up there to but they had enough room so they were comfey

i was wondering where you put them in the sniping room or just on top of the bump when if you fall from the sniping room your on it

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 05:18 PM
oh yeah this was on sidewinder

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 03:25 PM
I put all 4 of the ghosts in the sniping room, you know, the one with the green teleportation doors in it. It's not that hard. How did you get a tank up there? Or a jeep for that matter?

Alec
12-17-2001, 05:25 PM
Ok what the hell? How did you get the vehicles up into the Sniping area? i've tried to get the warthog through the portal, but yet it doesn't work.

monkeyman
12-17-2001, 05:30 PM
i didnt get the tank or the warthog in there thats almost impossible im talking about the place when you go into the sniping room and walk outside like jump down into the outside i just it on the lil lump you can get it on top of there

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 07:38 PM
You dont put them through the portals fool, you rocket them up there by ramping off the tank. I already described the procedure.

bonk
12-17-2001, 09:37 PM
In Sidewinder, I made the Warthog fully disappear from the area. I drove it up top through one of those tunnels and did the same sort of thing as in Blood Gulch but instead used 2 plasma grenades. It went over the top and I couldn't even hear it crash or anything. And if you have a friend, both of you need to get rocket launchers and you can really keep shooting that thing really high. Sometime I'm gonna try to drive a ghost up there ramping off the tank. I wonder what'll happen.

-bonk

monkeyman
12-22-2001, 09:12 PM
where did you put the warthog to make it disapear?

Brian
12-23-2001, 12:58 PM
Hey bonk.. what kind of camera do you have and what brand name? thx :D

bonk
12-23-2001, 01:45 PM
If you go through one of those tunnels outside on the bottom, you can drive the thing right up there.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV 820. It's a digital 8 camcorder. Any digital camcorder with analog video through (or something) will work. I used Final Cut Pro on my Macintosh to edit it and cut it down in size for the web.

For anyone interested, I have the final movie if you beat the game in Legendary at http://bugtug.com/bonk/LegendaryWeb.mov

-bonk

XBOX Dude
12-23-2001, 02:51 PM
i use the tank as jump to get my ghost on top of the building in blood gultch and the i blow the warthog up there with my tank, i've almost got the tank up there using the warthog to drive on

Brian
12-23-2001, 04:50 PM
Make some more movies! :D

monkeyman
12-23-2001, 09:25 PM
umm i forgot what i was gonna put but oh well

Alec
12-23-2001, 10:01 PM
Ok guys in Blood Gulch the buidlings in those I have gotten every single vehicle on top of the building. And its actually quite easy the hardest one to do is the Tank.

How you do the tank is: Get a warthog parked right next to the building, then go full speed so the warthog gets you on the side of the building dont let of the gas. Now get a friend to get the other tank and ram you from behind, it takes a while to do but its pretty cool.

Once i got the tank up on the roof I made it fall down that little hole so it was trapped in that little area with nowhere to go. :)

Brian
12-24-2001, 04:48 PM
I want more "home-made" movies! Any kind of Halo movie! :D

Woocifer
12-28-2001, 09:15 AM
A friend of mine and I were playing co-op...and on the fourth level I believe it is, the beach run with the warthog, we decided that in the control room under the island is where we wanted to take the warthog.

We drove it into the opening and down the 2 ramps...then SMASHED it through the doorway. Got the first two wheels through then blew the ass end through with grenades. Once it was through we got the other jeep in there too. Drove them to the left and started killing everyone. Once the room was clear, we found the next door and tried to ram the warthog down to the next level. It was basically like moving a fridge through a small door...we had to put the warthog on its side and smack it with our weapons guiding it in and then SMASHED it with the other hog. It fell down the pit to the left though...so that sucked...but it was funny. Halo became sim movers instead of fighting aliens.

xboxman_1
12-28-2001, 05:53 PM
I have 56k, so I didn't even mess with that video, so, sorry if this was what was on it, but in Sidewinder, a friend of mine and I drove a warthog up one of those ramps, to the two places where you can get missile launchers. One of us stood on the side, and the other at the front or back. At the exact same time, we threw frag grenades underneath the warthog, and then as quick as we could shot missiles at the base of the warthog. The grenades and missiles blew at the same time, and this threw the warthog high enough to send it over the highest part of the mountain that you can see and off the map! It just kept going, and then it was out of sight. It never came back.

XboXGangsta
12-28-2001, 05:59 PM
MAKE SOME HOME MOVIES!!! NOW!!!

bonk
12-28-2001, 07:07 PM
You can drive the tanks into one of the caves in Blood Gulch and get them stuck. Just drive in from the left (the one with the rock sticking up near the front). The tank will drive in on about at 45? and will then kind of fall in. I've gotten both of them in, but not one out (blasting does nothing).

I'm currently working on my personal website which will feature Halo movies. Once I get it done, I will concentrate on more movies.

-bonk

Gr8one
12-30-2001, 11:53 PM
in blood gulch, me and a couple of friends got the 4 ghosts and 2 warthogs into the bases by blasting 'em up there
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bonk
12-31-2001, 12:43 AM
On the island level, me and a friend of mine managed to get two warthogs through the door that becomes locked (you later unlock it). We did this by accelerating one into the tiny door while taking another Warthog and ramming it from behind. With a bit of work and wiggling, you can get it through. We then took it onto the platform, from the right tunnel, and made a jump onto lower levels, you die but it goes down there.

-bonk

straygod
01-01-2002, 11:02 AM
If the Covenant are such bad-@$$e$, how come none of them is smart enough to flip a vehicle or turret over after we knock them over? And why is the Master Chief the only guy with a drivers' license? No wonder the Marines are so glad to see him! Gee, is the war going so bad that they're recruiting 14 year olds into the Marines? The X-Box Addict Forums rock, I'm coming here to get my daily laughs........

Big Ben
01-01-2002, 01:21 PM
It's quite easy to drive the warthogs into the bases in Blood Gulch... I got mine into the center without going on top... getting it out was a totally different matter...

-Big Ben

Brian
01-01-2002, 05:09 PM
How do you guys get vehicles like the Tank and the Ghost in Blood Gulch? All I have is the Warthog. Any answers?

shannon22
01-01-2002, 06:10 PM
options vehicals all:rolleyes:

xboxman_1
01-02-2002, 01:06 PM
You have to go to multiplayer, and then down to edit gametypes. Go to Item Options, and change the vehicle setting to All.

bonk
01-02-2002, 04:53 PM
I made some more Halo movies. Most of them are just me and my friend goofing around and having fun. You can watch them all at http://bugtug.com/bonk/

Everything will be uploaded within minutes of this post.

-bonk

monkeyman
01-02-2002, 05:45 PM
yeah flips are the best on hover crafts and its fun and oh boy

shannon22
01-12-2002, 08:18 PM
whats fun is putting a gernade or using a rocket under the front side of the tank and then haveing someone else go full speed at it in the ghost, and if you time it right front will blow up (tilting it up). The ghost goes flying :D :D :cool:

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 02:27 PM
I personally hate it when people use the Scorpion Tank and dont want to play with sniper weapons. I'm an excellent sniper and good at vehicle disposal as well...

On Blood Glutch, drive the tank into the cave (i think someone said something about this earlier) and it will get stuck. The entrance to the cave is on the left of the hole with the boulder in front of it (which makes a good sniper outpost, i might add). The tank will get stuck and it is (i believe) impossible to get it back out.

And could someone please expain how to get the vehicles in the second floor of the base in Sidewinder? Or could someone make a video showing how to do it? (I forget who made them, but those videos kick ass, i cant wait to see more :) )

Alec
01-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Hey guys i got an eazier guide to get every vehicle on top of any base in Blood Gulch.

Ok with the warthog you get it right aginst the building wall and use the tank to blow the shiat out of it, it takes a while.

With the ghost i ramped it off the tank, I had the tank ramped up on the base wall and ramped the ghost.

With the tank it takes two players, in order to do this. This takes lots of tries don't get frustrated. Get a Warthog lined up alongside the base wall. OK next get someone to drive the tank headforward into the warthog that will get your tank halfway up pretty much parallel to the base wall. Next, while you are still holding the accelration ( so the tank doesn't slide down the wall.) Get your friend to drive the other tank and ram the tank you are in from behind. This takes a long time to do, took my father and I and 1 hour, but we were expiermenting, so I don't know how long it will take you. If you get the tank up on the base its pretty fun to drive into the hole in the middle of the base. It gets stuck in there permantely.

And thats how you can get every type of vehicle on the base.

oh and yes, your welcome

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 08:53 PM
I heard that if you drive the Scorpion directly into the side of the building, and then get a push from a partner, you can get the scorpion on top of the building. but I didnt try that yet...

Also, park the tank next to the building and the ghost in front of that, and drive full speed shead with the Warthog and you'll send it flying on top of the building. It works, I tried it and succeded.

xboxman_1
01-16-2002, 09:14 PM
To get a ghost on the second floor of a base in Sidewinder, read my posts from the first page of this thread.

Oh, and yes, your welcome.

bonk
01-16-2002, 10:17 PM
I have now been able to get on TOP of the canyon in Sidewinder. Your not suppose to go up there, but I did. Wahoo. And I've recorded it on tape and made it into a web movie. And I have just uploaded it on my website and you will be able to see this movie and others at http://ibonk.com.

-bonk

ShannonX
01-16-2002, 11:53 PM
i'm gonna have to try some of those tricks some day, of course, i'm pretty lazy, so it'll have to be sometime when i'm not so lazy.. :eek:

BiohazardEHW
01-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Cool video, I tried it but Didnt get it to work. Where exactly is that spot at on the map, and is that a Scorpion or a Warthog you drove off? The video is really dark, so its kind of hard to see...

BiohazardEHW
01-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Ok, I see it now, its a scorpion tank, but how the hell did u get it up there?

bonk
01-17-2002, 09:17 PM
I'll have to lighten it up a bit. I ramped off of the tank, and pay attention to which way the gun is pointed. It's on the left of the middle side, you have to drive the tank up that stepped hill, another challenge. It took me forever to get up there. As you can see, one time I was able to get the ghost up there, but not me :(. I'm thinking about making bigger movies, but then the file size gets bigger. Also, I'm working on making it a progressive download.

-bonk

BiohazardEHW
01-17-2002, 09:20 PM
I tried it earlier but I couldnt get the tank up the steps...I guess i'd need a boost from behind, like a rocket or something...but thankx man.

bonk
01-17-2002, 09:25 PM
It is a bit hard to get up there, especially the last 2 steps, and rockets aren't required. You just have to go up one step at a time and on the last big one, go up real far on the left and slowly move to the right. It's tricky, but it's possible.

-bonk

shannon22
01-22-2002, 06:50 PM
on assult the control room or two betrales theres a crake in the ground to the left of where the cov. tank starts its also by the water fall. but if u can get all the vehicals down there and get them destroyed go down there and it looks pretty cool :)

it doesnt work to well on two betrales because theres only banchees:(