PDA

View Full Version : XBOX on LCD monitor

Skin03
05-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Has anyone here hooked up their XBox to an LCD computer monitor? I'm going to college and want to conserve space so I figured if the XBox looked good on an LCD monitor I wouldn't have to bring my TV. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Also, I would assume that hooking the XBox up to a regular VGA computer monitor would look fine- but the LCD I wasn't too sure of. Am I correct in this assumption?

VeNoMiZA
05-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Skin03
Has anyone here hooked up their XBox to an LCD computer monitor? I'm going to college and want to conserve space so I figured if the XBox looked good on an LCD monitor I wouldn't have to bring my TV. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Also, I would assume that hooking the XBox up to a regular VGA computer monitor would look fine- but the LCD I wasn't too sure of. Am I correct in this assumption? The hell if i knew, get a VGA box and try it out.

l Maximus l
05-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Doesn't an LCD monitor allow for a VGA adapter? :confused:

wbio
05-25-2003, 02:03 PM
I was wondering the same thing because we are getting a LCD monitor soon (already ordered it), and we don't have any real nice tvs so I want to try it out.

FuNkY mOnK
05-25-2003, 05:22 PM
It looks like pure dog sh it, not crisp very fuzzy but that was with a vga box that acted as a line doubler not a true vga signal. hey i'm fanatic.

BigJosh359
05-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Skin03

Also, I would assume that hooking the XBox up to a regular VGA computer monitor would look fine- but the LCD I wasn't too sure of. Am I correct in this assumption?

Does your LCD have an S-Video input, if so, should be pretty easy.

FuNkY mOnK
05-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA

Does your LCD have an S-Video input, if so, should be pretty easy.
Unless it is a true vga signal you'll never know how it will look on an lcd (please keep us informed), as far as vga line doublers and s-video, if picture quality means nothing to you go for it otherwise grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.:wink:

Cyclone
05-26-2003, 03:30 PM
They do sell a convertor now that converts HDTV signals to VGA so you can play at higher resolutions on your monitor. They usually cost about $300 though but if you look around you could probably find one for cheaper. From what I've been told, it looks damn good. A lot better than the standard tv and almost better than on a real HDTV. Imagine playing Halo on a 19" monitor inches away from you...~drool~ the clarity!
As far as lcd's go...Well they usually only look good at one resolution. As anybody seen the new Playstation 2 kiosk? It uses an lcd for the display and it looks like total shiet!

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
They do sell a convertor now that converts HDTV signals to VGA so you can play at higher resolutions on your monitor. They usually cost about $300 though but if you look around you could probably find one for cheaper. From what I've been told, it looks damn good. A lot better than the standard tv and almost better than on a real HDTV. Imagine playing Halo on a 19" monitor inches away from you...~drool~ the clarity!
As far as lcd's go...Well they usually only look good at one resolution. As anybody seen the new Playstation 2 kiosk? It uses an lcd for the display and it looks like total shiet!

I don't know, man...XBox games on my 50" HDTV looks absolutely breathtaking :D