PDA

View Full Version : BREVITY’s Mini Review of Tetris Worlds Online

Brevity
05-26-2003, 04:36 AM
First lets just say I got this game by trickery. Nuf said.

Well its everything TW was in its first Xbox incarnation, its got all the single player game types and what not; but it now is easier to see. The clear backdrop that made it hard to see pieces has now been replaced with a nice dark backdrop. Next you can now see seven pieces in advance. And yes you can still listen to your custom tracks even while playing online.

Now the online part: First it is FOUR players online like the Dream Cast version was. Next two players can play online on one box like Mech Assault. Those two things alone make it great, but wait there is more. It keeps stats out the ass. Rank Highest level, Points/ Games. Career stats, and lots lots more. (I am 6th overall on XBL for Blocks, in just one night.) Also ppl can join the lobby while you are in game and they can even talk to you while you are playing. The lobby works very well, hell the whole thing runs so fast since there is not much going on and all. You can edit everything while in the lobby. There is a Kick function in case one of the other few players is an ass. It tells you what other ppl are playing when you check your friends list, like RTCW. Um well I cant think of NE thing else to say. If you got Q’s besides how I got it, I will try to answer them. And this game is now ranked a 8 in my book, I had the first version on the XB and it was like a 5, but I might even move it past an 8 its just so fun. See you online. BTW it releases 6-13 according to EB for 19.99, or it comes with new XBL kits.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 05:03 AM
You actually bought this? :eek:

XBOX MSSC
05-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
You actually bought this? :eek:

You get the full game for free with the XBL starter kit 2.0...damn good deal if you ask me...

:cheers:

Shadow20002
05-26-2003, 10:31 AM
That's the deal Microsoft offer for everyone. :p Take it will you can.

Brevity
05-26-2003, 12:49 PM
For real this game is hot hot. I am on the way to top baby. And no I would have so bought this in a month though if I had not gotten it sooner.

Brevity
05-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Here are two bugs I have found. One you can play alone online w/o NE one in your room and inflate your counts, but this is not that big of a deal since your still playing tetris after all. Next in the original game if you did not make all your lines in the time limit you did not get to move on to the next level, I have noticed that this is not the case I can move on to the next level even if time has ran out. Next it does not matter what level you are at when you go out so it makes ppl pay for being quick. Lets say you very quickly make it to level 7 and go out, while other players are at level 3, it only matters that you are the last one in, so being at level 7 will not matter. Thus it pays to go slow and take your time. I can however see counter arguements for saying that at higher ranks you can send more trash and get more points, but I have not seen and tested that so I cant say for sure. More to come....

CrazyCougar
05-26-2003, 04:22 PM
Wait! Wait! I've been out fo the loop with MotoGp 2...lol..I saw you playing Tetris Worlds. Is this the same game that was available months ago or a new version of it? I have Tetris Worlds but I bought it months ago or longer...lol...and didnt know it was online...Must be a newer version. Let me know! LOL!

NEVERMIND!!! LOL! After rereading the post and a little research i answered my own question...LOL!

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I guess I should reserve judgement after playing it. I used to be a fan of tetris, but it was on my old ass PC where any game is a good game.

But, for the XBox? I don't know...I guess if it comes free with the new XBox Live starter kits, that's not a shabby deal.

shrew king
05-26-2003, 06:29 PM
I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up Brevity.

Brevity
05-30-2003, 12:46 PM
I am giving this a little bump to talk about it again. There is no game that I am playing more at least on XBL than this. This game is now the reason I put MP3's on my Xbox. I cant wait till next month when you ppl get this game and I can start to play with you. For three nights in a row I have stayed up till 3am atleast playing it. Its such a simple and basic game you would not think it has that pull but, I added the two ultamit tetris sound tracks and its so much fun raising my rank. I add the Braveheart and titanic sound tracks to the old HD and now I am playing in style. Like when I get to those battle cuts and I am on level 8 or 9 fighting it out for the win, its so cool. I plan to add the HALO sound track to it too, I call that set my Tetris tracks. LOL NE way you will understand all this in a month. :cheers: