PDA

View Full Version : Getting an xbox... what games?

davenporter
05-26-2003, 04:34 PM
What games would you suggest?

I'm currently planning on getting MechAssault, the two that come with the XBOX, LotR: TTT, and that's it. Are there any others that I HAVE to have to have an ultimate xbox experience?

Oh, and does Live work well with DSL? I'm getting that too ;)

sabca
05-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Yeah, Live works with DSL :)

Get Halo, for sure. RTCW is supposed to be good on live, but I don't know first hand. And Ghost Recon is also supposed to be great on Live.

bretman1234
05-26-2003, 04:38 PM
dont get live if u have dsl. U HAVE to have broadband in order to play live. So your just throwing away 50 bucks, 50 bucks that u could be spending on halo! I dont care how old it is, its still my favorite game. If u have friends that will play with you, you should deffinately get halo to ahve the ultimate xbox experience in halo multiplayer.

davenporter
05-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Do extra controllers cost a lot? I heard they're like $30 new, which seems a lot for me. But I think only my dad and I will play (at home, at least), and one controller comes w/ the xbox... so I may only need to get one. Still, I'm rather low on cash, so I need tips on where to get my stuff for good prices. Ebay?

davenporter
05-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Wait a minute... live does or does not work on DSL?

???

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by davenporter
Wait a minute... live does or does not work on DSL?

???

Yes, XBox Live works with DSL. DSL is broadband. In fact, I have DSL and play on XBox Live religiously.

And yes, get Halo and Brute Force (Brute Force comes out on the 28th). Halo is definately an "A" title and Brute Force is said to also be an "A" title.

Halo is not only XBox's best game, but, it's the best game ever created. Period. :D

davenporter
05-26-2003, 04:48 PM
awesome, might you have verizon by the way? i do and i live in snohomish, near you ;)

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 04:49 PM
awesome, might you have verizon by the way? i do and i live in snohomish, near you ;)

I live in Auburn...And Verizon is not available in my area for some reason. For a while, I was using MSN Broadband DSL...it's good, but, I upgraded to Speakeasy.net DSL...it costs more, but, my speed is 1.5M download and 608K upload. It's nice! :D

davenporter
05-26-2003, 04:55 PM
sounds okay, verizon's giving me $35 a month and that's all my parents are really willing to pay :)

we have like 5 computers though so we need it... + an xbox soon.

anyway, i loved being one of the slowest connections on pc when i had my 56k (rollseyes), now i'll probably be down there with my dsl too.. not that it matters much, as long as **** works :)

we just got dsl recently and figured an xbox would go along with it nicely. can i count on meeting any of you playing mechassault on live?

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 04:59 PM
sounds okay, verizon's giving me $35 a month and that's all my parents are really willing to pay :)

we have like 5 computers though so we need it... + an xbox soon.

anyway, i loved being one of the slowest connections on pc when i had my 56k (rollseyes), now i'll probably be down there with my dsl too.. not that it matters much, as long as **** works :)

we just got dsl recently and figured an xbox would go along with it nicely. can i count on meeting any of you playing mechassault on live?

A lot of people on here play together on XBox Live...in fact, a few clans have been put together on here. Keep in mind, beware of the D.D.C. www.thedirtydozenclan.com :D

davenporter
05-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Hehe, i think my forums are going to make a clan but if we don't then i'll probably hook up w/ one of the ones here. If you wanna see my forums I think I left a link in my sig, not as cool-looking as these ones but they're still pretty cool ;)

anyway, sounds good. i have a friend who can get me games cheap, for like $20 each, (actually being a webhost and webmaster of many sites i have lots of connections), and therefore I'll probably be able to get a lot of sweet games... but with all my webhosting/webmastering junk I don't have much money :mad: ... ohwell, in the long run i'll probably end up earning money from all the web stuff i do. i made like $15 in ads today (yay!)... lol and I bet the webmaster of this site will say "oh we're advertising x and x new games for microsoft and we just made $1k today" lol. anyway, its all good :)

Knight
05-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Get Buffy($25) and DOA3.

Buffy for $25 is a very good deal.

And like Maximus sayed get Halo and Brute Force.

MerimacHamwich
05-26-2003, 07:00 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=434628#post434628post434628
Check that thread and my post in that thread. Besides those Xbox exclusives I enjoy the following:
Blood Rayne
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Enter The Matrix
Max Payne
Hitman 2
Jedi Knight 2
FIFA 2002
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Conflict Desert Storm
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Enclave
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding 2002

bretman1234
05-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Yes, XBox Live works with DSL. DSL is broadband. In fact, I have DSL and play on XBox Live religiously.

And yes, get Halo and Brute Force (Brute Force comes out on the 28th). Halo is definately an "A" title and Brute Force is said to also be an "A" title.

Halo is not only XBox's best game, but, it's the best game ever created. Period. :D

wow, thats so not cool. my dad has dsl , and xbox live doesn't work over there :( maybe he has some weird kind of massachusetts dsl.

VenoM
05-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
dont get live if u have dsl. U HAVE to have broadband in order to play live.

uhh...DSL is broadband :huh:

bretman1234
05-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

uhh...DSL is broadband :huh:

where i live, dsl is a type of internet that is the same speed as dial-up, just your always online. I guess its just different here.

sabca
05-26-2003, 07:45 PM
DSL runs through the phone line, but it's broadband. Still uses ethernet so it can still use XBL :)

sabca
05-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Sorry for the double post but I was thinking, you don't have 56k running on a second phone line and think it's DSL or something do you? If you do it's an honest mistake, I guess, but I was just thinking about what it is you have.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

where i live, dsl is a type of internet that is the same speed as dial-up, just your always online. I guess its just different here.

You're probably referring to ISDN...not DSL.

bretman1234
05-26-2003, 08:41 PM
im not 100 percent sure we have dsl, but im pretty sure i remember him mentioning it, when the xbox live wasn't working. Maybe he was saying that he should have gotten dsl, but im pretty sure that wasn't it.

No Fear 23
05-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Get halo, nuff said. eventho its not live, but i gurantee u that u and ur dad will have a blast in Multiplayer and Co-op. as for live games, i never liked MA because it was too repeative for me, but other ppl likes it i guess. i would check out Ghost Recon, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, or unreal championship. UC costs like 25$ now and its a good buy imo.

about the controller part u said made me confused. sounded like that u dont know that u get 2 controllers in the xbox package, plus 2 free games.

yup, right now, theres 2 controllers in each xbox, and i think u get 2 free games.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
about the controller part u said made me confused. sounded like that u dont know that u get 2 controllers in the xbox package, plus 2 free games.

yup, right now, theres 2 controllers in each xbox, and i think u get 2 free games.

I haven't heard of this...where is this happening?

No Fear 23
05-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I haven't heard of this...where is this happening?

here you go

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/createabundle/XB/default.asp :cheers:

its the 2nd package on the list

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 10:13 PM

here you go

its the 2nd package on the list

Thanks for the link, but, I didn't see where it had a second XBox controller. I think it was referring to the one that comes with the system.

kylman49
05-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Halo
Splinter Cell
MechAssualt
Ghost Recon
Brute Force

get them. i heard brute force will be great.

VAN
05-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Don't forget to pick up Batman Vengeance! :D

natewebb
05-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Be warned LOTP TTT is a 7 hour game. You should rent that one and beat it in a day.

bretman1234
05-27-2003, 03:28 PM

here you go

its the 2nd packagXbox Bundle
Xbox Bundle - $179.99
Includes an Xbox and the Controller S game controller, and two free games: Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002.

sorry chief, but it only says one controller. Honest mistake though, because when I first heard about the JSRF and Sega GT bundle, I also thought that 2 controllers came with it.