PDA

View Full Version : The Hulk or Brute Force?

Leo
05-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks for voting! Please tell me why you picked The Hulk or Brute Force.

Thanks!

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Buy what you want...but, there's no way in Hell I would pick up Hulk over Brute Force. That's just me, though :argue1:

AlBoogy
05-26-2003, 10:33 PM
IGN gave the Hulk an 8.0 just in case you didnt know. Basically the Bruce Banner missons suck but the Hulk ones are fun.

Leo
05-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
IGN gave the Hulk an 8.0 just in case you didnt know. Basically the Bruce Banner missons suck but the Hulk ones are fun.

Yeah I know the IGN'S score. 8.0 but I didn't read it because I am not a IGN insider member, I'll wait till the review will be for free. I wish to read it!

AlBoogy
05-26-2003, 10:43 PM
When you read it you will realize I summed it up perfectly.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 10:53 PM
One of the main reasons why I'm getting Brute Force is because I play a lot with local buddies. While Brute Force is not on XBox Live, sadly...playing with local buddies certainly won't detract from it. Though, why a Squad based shooters is not on-line is beyond me.

Also, 4 player co-op...simply bad ass. I love squad based shooters and shooters in general. It's said to set the bar much higher for squad based shooters similar to how Halo set the bar higher for first person shooters. Brute Force also features deathmatch and squad based deathmatch modes. Co-op, like the deathmatch and squad deathmatch modes, is system link compatible: an area where even Halo lacks.

Also, jumping in and out of the game on the fly is awesome. For example, let's say you are waiting for a couple buddies to come over to play a little Brute Force. But, you decide to start the game...now, without even having to quit out of the game, all your buddies would have to do is plug in their controllers and hit the start button and the screen will split accordingly. They can quit the game the same way and the screen will resume with the applicable full size. This is the first game in history to do that...which alone is a bad ass feature.

I enjoy the tactical nature of squad based shooters...where utilizing your players in certain ways in certain situations is key. How the worlds are so massive that your squad can split up in several different areas...like Flint sniping from a mountain top and Tex mowing down people with his dual rotating guns on the front-lines. This game should be huge!

cheedoh
05-26-2003, 10:56 PM
On the fly gameplay? I recall that unreal championship can do that too? -.-

I'm buying brute force this wednesday. I might just rent the hulk.

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cheedoh

UC does that on-line, however, in a system link game, the screen doesn't split automatically if a person joins after another has started on the same XBox.

AlBoogy
05-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by cheedoh

Lol, yeah. And it also chops up more then those slicers on infomercials.

kylman49
05-26-2003, 11:22 PM
brute force man is so much worth your money than the Hulk. just me. but i think you would prefer Brute Force much more than the Hulk.

:cool:

DOOM
05-27-2003, 05:00 AM
BRUTE FORCE!!!!!
Would Be My First Choice.....
THE HULK,
A Close Second.....

Dont Forget About,
BLOODY ROAR EXTREME....
They Should Be All Coming Out The Same Day!

TheDarkwolf
05-27-2003, 06:05 AM
Just do what I do....GET BOTH!

ARONO129
05-27-2003, 07:09 AM
Brute Force for all the reasons Max listed. And it's due out TODAY!!!

Mine's going to take about 4 extra business days to arrive according to Canada Post. Man I wish those guys would stop delivering the mail by horseback.:cuss:

Brute Force will be the Halo of third person shooters.

Knight
05-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Brute Force is a far better game then Hulk and BF has 4-player mode. Any superhero game other then Spider-man sucks most of the time. BF has in-game Dolby Digital.

Shadow20002
05-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Poor cel-shaded graphics compare to beautiful 3b graphics with a latest engine are not a match, pick up Brute Force for sure. Then after that, rent Hulk for one week, i think you could beat it in one week. :p

natewebb
05-27-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm getting Brute force for 1 reason...

I loved desert storm, and it should be similar (even better).

Leo
05-27-2003, 07:38 PM
I still have my birthday money since February 25 2003! I have $300! I could buy both, or should I Rent Hulk? I can buy any game anytime! ISn't wonderful when you have your own money, and your free to spent them anytime you want?!

Zingo
05-27-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm considering picking up Brute Force. No offense to the big green guy, but BF just looks incredible. I'll probably rent first, but I'm keeping it in mind.

Waterspout
05-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Gee let me think. Another video game based on a movie that will probably end up being traded in within a week or a game made by Bungie that everybody has been waiting a year for....I'll take Brute Force.

Series3
05-28-2003, 03:10 AM
No online play? Please. I'll take HULK anyday.

Waterspout
05-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Series3
No online play? Please. I'll take HULK anyday.

Hulk will be in the bargain bin by next year. You can't play Halo online, does that make it a bad game....I don't think so.

Series3
05-28-2003, 10:38 AM
No, but I have something. It's called an opinion. And my opinion is that HULK is better than brute force. Why? I am not a fan of games like BF. *gasp*! Someone has a different opinion?!?!? Here is a hint: Some of us don't have any friends to play this type of game with. Thus, I am looking for more single player titles. Don't assume anything before you speak.

blewis
05-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Duh...BF.

Waterspout
05-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Series3
No, but I have something. It's called an opinion. And my opinion is that HULK is better than brute force. Why? I am not a fan of games like BF. *gasp*! Someone has a different opinion?!?!? Here is a hint: Some of us don't have any friends to play this type of game with. Thus, I am looking for more single player titles. Don't assume anything before you speak.

To each their own. This forum is full of different views. Don't take it to heart. By the way, Brute Force is still better :)

baller
05-28-2003, 08:51 PM
I'd have to say BF I havnt played the hulk but i just picked up a copy of brute force and its graphics are smooth and so far the story line is good too.
NOW GO OUT AND BUY BRUTE FORCE!!!!

bretman1234
05-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Waterspout
Gee let me think. Another video game based on a movie that will probably end up being traded in within a week or a game made by Bungie that everybody has been waiting a year for....I'll take Brute Force.

:huh: I didnt know Brute Force was made by Bungie??? :huh:

Honest Mistake

Waterspout
05-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

:huh: I didnt know Brute Force was made by Bungie??? :huh:

Honest Mistake

Sorry, Microsoft. Don't know why I typed Bungie....I must be thinking of Halo 24/7 now. :)