PDA

View Full Version : Enter The Matrix

hiter101
05-26-2003, 11:08 PM
who got this game im waiting for my copy in the mail how is it?

l Maximus l
05-26-2003, 11:10 PM
I haven't even played this yet, but, from what I'm hearing, it's a sweet game. Though, I also have heard it was a little easy to go through and beat, however, the time that is played is a good one. I'm not sure if the game features more difficult modes or not...

MerimacHamwich
05-26-2003, 11:15 PM
I have it, had it since the first day it came out. Which, not coincidentally, was the release day for The Matrix: Reloaded. So I watched the movie and dove right into the game.

At first the game seems kind of shallow and you hope that it gets better. You aren't let down, the game is quit amazing you may think the rabbit hole is only an inch deep but the more you pay the deeper the hole gets.

IMO the game is a must own. It has some real innovation.
:cheers:

hiter101
05-26-2003, 11:15 PM
yea it does have different diffuculty levels but wat im wanting to know if its not to hard cuz if its like dead to rights then that blows cuz i didnt get like past chapter 7 in that game but if its not to challenging but yet fun with alot of action its my type of game

TheDarkwolf
05-27-2003, 06:08 AM
No the games pretty easy.....about 8 hours per character, but you don't die very often. The characters health regenerates quickly if you stand still for awhile.

stilly
05-27-2003, 06:53 AM
i'm, like most people a huge fan, of the flim. i got the game last wednesday, a day before it was due out. (www.gameplay.com, they never fail)
i fired it up, and after the stunning cuts scene, i was in, and yep running up walls is fun, and focus moves are cool, then the glitches started showing up, walking in a room, and a bin appears, then dissapears when you walk back. severe clipping, a dodgey camera when near walls. the terrible car bits, like you shoot a police car, it blows up, lands on you, jerks a bit, then falls off.
anyone who buys this for the xbox, and is happy with it, fair play, i ain't, i bought an xbox for xbox games(next generation etc,etc) they've added nothin to it for xbox. it's worth getting if ya a matrix nut, but purely as a game in its own right, it's an average unfinished game.

jabrre
05-29-2003, 06:41 AM
I just got the game last night and was stunned by the gameplay, the visuals, and also....the audio. This game screams to be played loud!!!

Make sure you get the XBOX version of the game. The PCROM version has so many bugs that Atari has released two patches already and the game takes almost 4GB of hard drive space. The patches, by the way, have not solved anything and if you go to Atari's Community Forums, you can read post after post from those who are demanding their money back. The XBOX version, by the way, I have read plays the best of all the consoles. The PS2 and the Cube versions do suffer from numerous bugs.

The only drawback of the game is this: why did Shiny/Atari choose the black button for firing your weapons? Other than that, the game is a classic, IMHO.

Highlite23
05-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Lot's of innovations, the game play does progress nicely. I didn't care for the car levels too much. Unfortunatlly it seems a little too short, yes you can play through on a harder level, but it's the same game.

Solid...around a 4 out of 5 IMO.

RudedogX
05-29-2003, 08:01 AM
I guess I'll know how this game plays soon since I just picked it up last night. Though, I was too busy drinking afterwards to put it into my XBox!:eek:

Diddy
05-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by stilly
i'm, like most people a huge fan, of the flim. i got the game last wednesday, a day before it was due out. (www.gameplay.com, they never fail)
i fired it up, and after the stunning cuts scene, i was in, and yep running up walls is fun, and focus moves are cool, then the glitches started showing up, walking in a room, and a bin appears, then dissapears when you walk back. severe clipping, a dodgey camera when near walls. the terrible car bits, like you shoot a police car, it blows up, lands on you, jerks a bit, then falls off.
anyone who buys this for the xbox, and is happy with it, fair play, i ain't, i bought an xbox for xbox games(next generation etc,etc) they've added nothin to it for xbox. it's worth getting if ya a matrix nut, but purely as a game in its own right, it's an average unfinished game.

I have to agree with you, i bought it and i was severly let down, i really liked the first levels, the post office and the roof top running away from the agent bit. I fought the agent too! it was sick. I was fighting him against a ledge and i knocked him off it! then i looked down at the ground he was lying there, it was hilarious!

But i think the game is a real let down, i really wish i hadnt bought it cuz i could have gotten Live or Wolfenstein already. Oh well. Ill just have to trade it in for a measly 30 dollars MUWHWHA!!!!

stilly
05-30-2003, 07:02 AM
thats one problem i have, i bought it for 35 squid, and will only get 20 for it, i wouldn't mind if i finished it, but it's so bad , i put it in, and shake my head and eject it right away. i too whish i'd bought something else, like dirt,vert whatever, or bruce lee, least you know your getting a pants game to start with. i must have a different game from everyone else. they keep sayin the graphics are excellent. i just don't see it.

BCan
05-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jabrre
The only drawback of the game is this: why did Shiny/Atari choose the black button for firing your weapons? Other than that, the game is a classic, IMHO.

The controller S has the black button in a nice spot to fire, so it's not too bad. Expect more games to use the buttons different when they make them more suite towards controller S - I am pretty sure you could've change the default key setup to get it to suit the older controller, if that is the reason why you don't like the black button to shoot....

Zonza
05-30-2003, 11:31 AM
I have a buddy who got this game for the ps2 the day it came out and he said, "This game is F***ing awsome"

Steve1987
05-30-2003, 12:17 PM
I rented the PS2 version (Xbox wasn't in yet:cry: ) and the game is fun to play, with some cool parts. The graphics of the characters is pretty good, but nothing amazing.

Anyway, it was the number of bugs that ruined this game for me. Things would disappear and then reappear, for instance a person ket walking half way through a wall:huh: . And if you didn't go up the right way onto a platform, then you couldn't progress the characters just stood there. You have to go up the other side to trigger the cutscene.

Perhaps the Xbox version is better, but from what i've heard all of them are badly coded. Looks like they had to rush the game for the film release, or perhaps they ran out of cash! :D

Evil_InsidE
05-30-2003, 02:18 PM
I got it the day it came out. I watched the movie the day and later that night, at about midnight got home and started playing the game. I went to be somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00 am.

A few days later, a buddy of mine came over and I showed him the game. He started a new game with other character and the missions are slightly different. Each character has a slightly different mission and can gain access to different areas.

I just finished it last night with Ghost and intend to start a new game with Niobe.

The game rocks. It get better as you go. The Chinatown level is insane, and was the hardest level I came across.

There are 3 difficulty settings - I beat it on normal in 2 weeks with one character.

The game has alot of elements from other games, including the ability to duck behind things and shoot around corners like in D2R.

If you like Max Payne and D2R, you'll like this title. If you are a Matrix fan, you'll love it.

BTW, D2R was much harder in my opinion, but I normally play games on normal, not hard difficulty settings.

hiter101
05-30-2003, 06:45 PM
alrighty i got the game and all i can say is WOW! this game is amazing the graphics are great nothing too special but decent but the gameplay is amazing. the fighting is spectacular and all i can say is check this game out it rules! :cheers: