PDA

View Full Version : Accessory

kornavs19
05-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Is there such thing as an Xbox accessory that allows you to hook up your Xbox to an older tv..?
My big tv is to old for the xbox and it wouldnt work when i plugged it in the vcr so i use a smaller tv..Is there a link or something that i can hook it to my vcr..? Thanks...

Also, what would i have to buy to hook my xbox to my computer so i could play on XboxConnect and stuff? Again, thanks....

Kraft
05-27-2003, 02:21 PM
what you want is an RF adapter, which will let you add your xbox to an antenna cable. Of course the quality of this is laughable and you should punish yourself for wasting your xbox's potential with it.

VenoM
05-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
Is there such thing as an Xbox accessory that allows you to hook up your Xbox to an older tv..?
My big tv is to old for the xbox and it wouldnt work when i plugged it in the vcr so i use a smaller tv..Is there a link or something that i can hook it to my vcr..? Thanks...

Also, what would i have to buy to hook my xbox to my computer so i could play on XboxConnect and stuff? Again, thanks....

yes...rf switch is what you need but like kraft said its laughable...i use to hook all my systems with a rf switch...even my xbox at one point till i told myself one day i'll see if theres any difference between the rf and av cables and when i plugged my xbox and gamcube to the av cables there was no going back to rf...the difference is huge...even the sound is better.......you said it didnt work when ya plugged it into the vcr...did ya put the vcr on "line" where thats the only way it can pick up the console's signal ........and to play on xboxconnect youd need a hub or a switch....but if you plan on getting xboxlive soon id say get a router if not get a cheap hub or switch

Brnthngs
05-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Ok, lmpbzktnkorn23 so you want an RF switch as Kraft and VenoM have so eliquently stated to hook up to an old TV. Not only is this a crappy way to play your games, but you should try and be a bit more creative towards an answer. I feel that the best solution to your problem is to take the TV and throw it down the stairs or something at a big business place. After the huge crash and explosion (you have to wire it up for this) tell everyone that it hit you and that your going to sue. With the money from the court case, buy a new TV.

kornavs19
05-27-2003, 04:48 PM
HAHAHA...thanks guys..I geuss i wont get the rf swithc..I have a newer tv..But its only 20" and the sound turns off every once in a while so i have to turn it off then back on...

I have a linksy's router...IM not sure what kind though...Right now its linking my comp to my sis's comp...
Manual cover says:
Fast Start
Cable/DSL Router
With 4-Port Switch

Im not planning on getting XBL..So i would want to play Xboxconnect...
I have my comp, router, xbox...What else would i need?Im assuming a wire..
When all said and done, i have to put my box near my comp and i would play it would come up on the computer screen, and i can play u guys if u have XBC...?That would be cool...

Kraft
05-27-2003, 04:55 PM
hooking your xbox up to a computer screen = good idea. You'll get the most clarity out of it. All you need for that is a vga box.

kornavs19
05-27-2003, 05:01 PM
What else would i be able too hook it up to..
Even if i do it to the screen ill need to hook it up to the router also, right?What would i need to do that..?

kenji
05-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Why can't you just buy an adapter?:eek: I use one to hook my Xbox to hotel TVs. What you do is go to target or somewhere like that, buy an Xbox adapter, plug in the red, yellow, and white cords into the adapter and screw the adapter into the cable port. This works fine.

l Maximus l
05-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Microsoft makes an RFU Adapter. This is how you hook your XBox to a television that only boasts an analog coax input (the one where you have to take a standard coaxial cable and screw it in).

There are also RFU Adapters made from third party companies that will also work if they provide the appropriate input for your XBox.

Also, another way to go is with an RF Modulator. This basically gives your T.V. the capability of having Composite inputs.

But, the best case scenario would be to purchase a new T.V....and this time you'll know what you are looking for when purchasing a T.V. GOOD INPUTS!!! Hopefully one with Component Video :cheers:

Brnthngs
05-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Dude, you can hook up your xbox to all kinds of things. Like a comp screen, the TV, a projector (Personally this is the best idea). I hooked my xbox up to the microwave once. It didn't quite have the clarity I would have expected, but it was nice all the same. The game ends as soon as the hotpocket gets done, but it makes waiting for the food much more entertaining.

(the last remark about the microwave is completely and utterly false,)

:watchout: