PDA

View Full Version : What Game Do You Think Will Become The Next Halo?

PaulWall
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Brute Force, Half Life 2, Doom III, Perfect Dark Zero,or Counter Strike for me. (Halo 2 ofcourse)

AlBoogy
05-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Those selections are nice and all but youre missing one main game, THE SEQUEL!

PaulWall
05-27-2003, 11:08 PM
No i didn't look again.

AlBoogy
05-27-2003, 11:10 PM
LoL, the NooB knows how to edit! hehe jk

l Maximus l
05-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Call me strange...and maybe even a smart ass, but, I would definately think the "next Halo" is going to be Halo 2 :D hehe

Okay...honestly, I think the next game that will be up to par with Halo will be Brute Force.

I don't think Counter Strike is going to be as good as Halo, but, damn good nontheless. Half Life 2 likely will and so will DOOM 3...maybe even surpass it

PaulWall
05-27-2003, 11:34 PM
LOL@AlBoogy. Anyway I got Brute FOrce and I have been not been that amused so far, i will have to see how it plays through LAN.

aj142
05-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Have you seen the Halo 2 movie? No one in their right mind could watch that movie, then play Brute Force (at E3) and claim that Brute Force even comes close.

Waterspout
05-28-2003, 12:33 PM
I really do think that ONLY Halo 2 will be able to exceed the accomplishments of Halo....but that is a given. Even Brute Force falls way short of Halo. I am skeptical about Half Life 2 and Doom III.
I think it will take another original (non-PC adapted) Xbox exclusive FPS to overtake Halo and Halo 2. I would love to see a military FPS, of the quality of Halo, exclusive to Xbox (and on Xbox Live). Then for once you may see more excitement for a game other than Halo.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-28-2003, 01:08 PM
uhh, if you guys have seen any of the HL 2 videos, you guys know that it is on par, if not looking BETTER than Halo 2. He**, every site/magazine Post E3 article I've seen puts HL 2 in Number 1 and Halo 2 in number 2. Although, saying which game will be better right now will kinda be dumb, because alot can happen in the rest of the devopement time.

Diddy
05-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Waterspout
I really do think that ONLY Halo 2 will be able to exceed the accomplishments of Halo....but that is a given. Even Brute Force falls way short of Halo. I am skeptical about Half Life 2 and Doom III.
I think it will take another original (non-PC adapted) Xbox exclusive FPS to overtake Halo and Halo 2. I would love to see a military FPS, of the quality of Halo, exclusive to Xbox (and on Xbox Live). Then for once you may see more excitement for a game other than Halo.

Black HAwk Down is coming to XBox,supposedly. Its got very nice graphics, i have it for the PC and its very fun. I heard it was also live capable

sabca
05-28-2003, 01:40 PM
If it gets made and if it's done like it should be I think PDZ would take the cake. I absolutely love the first one and a second installment with it's style multiplayer on XBL would surely have me kicking and screaming for a copy.

Shadow20002
05-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Something could surpass Halo is hmm...nothing else than the sequel. But one thing you should know about that Half-Life have something to do in the history of gaming world: the greatest FPS ever made. The sequel of it will be even more than what we have expected, just wait and you will see. :p

Series3
05-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Halo 2.

MrSlam
05-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Halo 2 of course

y2kash_14
05-29-2003, 12:24 AM
if the next Halo isn't Halo 2, then Bungie sure is doing a good job at keeping it under the covers :rolleyes:

PaulWall
05-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Ofcourse Halo2 will be better than Halo but what about the games comming out this year, i was ****ed of when Halo2 was prushed back to quarter 1 of 2004. Does Half-Life come out for the box in 2003.

Big Boss
05-29-2003, 05:49 PM
................wouldn't that be..................Halo...............2?

Hitman101
05-29-2003, 06:16 PM
All I know is that Full Spectrum Warrior is gonna be the next Ghost Recon.

JADE8704
05-29-2003, 07:38 PM
definitely Halo 2...sorry, but other FPS just look bland in comparison to the depth and story of the Halo universe...

i never really tried playing half-life...though that demo i saw from e3 looked sweet...still, it didn't get me as excited as the halo 2 demo

*changes underwear*

:D

Bigwig
05-30-2003, 11:21 AM
That Republic Commandos looks nice and maybe Dead Mans Hand.

Zonza
05-30-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm thinkin its gonna be....................... Halo 2:)

sand05
05-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Brute Force!:D

shrew king
05-31-2003, 03:56 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say Duality. Half-Life 2, DOOM III, and those other multi-platform games wouldn't be considered the next Halo since they are coming to PC as well. I suppose that is what you were talking about anyway, the next big Xbox game right?

If Duality keeps the amazing visuals I saw in one of the older OXMs and is Xbox Exclusive like I think I read in the magazine then it might just be a huge hit. What it would need is a good multiplayer, right now it looks like a single-player game.

Here is an off-topic question. How likely is it that Ubi-Soft will ever be a second party deveoper for Microsoft? Right now I am loving the stuff Ubi-Soft is putting out (the Tom Clancy titles anyway) and it seems like it'd be a huge thing if Microsoft could get them to be exclusive to the Xbox/PC.

wrongway
05-31-2003, 10:12 AM
I think Full Spectrum Warrior could be awesome. It looks great in the stills. We shall see.

Diddy
05-31-2003, 02:51 PM
I think u all need to let halo 2 alone and let it finish being made. You all are getting to excited and its not even coming out till next year. I want this game bad, im giddy like a school girl and keep reading OXMs article. But im also excited about SOf2 that comes out June 17th. I think it'll be fun! No halo 2, but fun!

StudioAlex
06-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Shouldn't the next Halo be a game that doesn't neccesarily resemble Halo as a game but as an event?

Halo wasn't a sequel, its developers were untested on the FPS genre (the games debut at E3 came with little fanfare), it blew apart what we had come to expect from FPSs (I don't care how good Doom 3 looks, if it's the same gameplay from ten years ago I'm not interested) and it became a sensation the moment it was released.

So the next Halo, a game that will redefine its genre or create a new one and will have us discussing what the next "enter mystery game's name here" in a year or so, will be... I don't know. Fable?