PDA

View Full Version : OXM just came!

PaulWall
05-27-2003, 11:06 PM
On the disk is NBA Street Vol. 2, Inside Pitch 2003, Gladius, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. And there are a bunch of videos like Amped 2, Brute Force, Dungeons & Dragons Heroes, Finding Nemo, Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters, Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter, Outlaw Volleyball. The features are Early Look: BC, Soul Calibur II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Top Ten Plays.

The disk has no review of Brute Force!

AlBoogy
05-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Reviews?

l Maximus l
05-27-2003, 11:16 PM
It definately sounds like a good issue. My problem, though, is that I just received the last OXM in the mail a week ago :eek:

PaulWall
05-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah, it is good. I used to get my issues late untill I called up Microsoft and ****ed them off. Now I get mine before they come out. I will post reviews tommorow, too tired, i am going to sleep.

l Maximus l
05-28-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by PaulWall
Yeah, it is good. I used to get my issues late untill I called up Microsoft and ****ed them off. Now I get mine before they come out. I will post reviews tommorow, too tired, i am going to sleep.

I thought OXM wasn't directly associated with Microsoft. But, oh well...

Duke
05-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I thought OXM wasn't directly associated with Microsoft. But, oh well...

I don't know what their exact relationship is, but as it is OXM then it must be a pretty close one. But I'm curious about how a call to MS would speed up a sub.

RudedogX
05-28-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm guessing it's pure coincidence.:watchout:

Shadow20002
05-28-2003, 02:08 PM
A very good issue. Hey, you say there are demo of Gladius ? Cool enough to get it. Another info on BC.... :cool:

Viper87227
05-28-2003, 04:53 PM
I also got this mag yesturday and I was very impressed. They demos were a big help...

Inside pitch - Only sports games ive ever likes are sega...so my opinion of this game was the same before and after the demo.

gladius - this game looked awesome before i played the demo. Upon playing i found it to be a turn based RPG, and i hate those. I was anticipating this game alot, good thing i gfot the demo.

NBA Streel Vol. 2 - I didnt like the 1st and didint thing id like this, and boy was I wrong. the ONLY non-sega sports game I like. Its EA sports which is uhg! but since its in the EA Sports BIG line, i dunno if its made by the same team, but i can assure its not crappy like EA Sports games

jp: Operation Genissis - The most benificial demo of them all. This game got bad reviews and didnt look fun at all, and i thought it would be crap. I got the demo, and I am hooked. I played it for like 2 hours, I am definaly gong to pick this ame up. All i can say is w/o this OXM, id be missing out on a great game

I would post the reviews but I am lazy, and there are not any real shockers. THe games that looked crappy got crappy scores and the games that looked good got good scores. Maybe later I will post the line-up

bretman1234
05-28-2003, 06:52 PM
wut did brute force get? wasn't there supposed to be a review of brute force?

Kraft
05-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
I also got this mag yesturday and I was very impressed. They demos were a big help...

Inside pitch - Only sports games ive ever likes are sega...so my opinion of this game was the same before and after the demo.

gladius - this game looked awesome before i played the demo. Upon playing i found it to be a turn based RPG, and i hate those. I was anticipating this game alot, good thing i gfot the demo.

NBA Streel Vol. 2 - I didnt like the 1st and didint thing id like this, and boy was I wrong. the ONLY non-sega sports game I like. Its EA sports which is uhg! but since its in the EA Sports BIG line, i dunno if its made by the same team, but i can assure its not crappy like EA Sports games

jp: Operation Genissis - The most benificial demo of them all. This game got bad reviews and didnt look fun at all, and i thought it would be crap. I got the demo, and I am hooked. I played it for like 2 hours, I am definaly gong to pick this ame up. All i can say is w/o this OXM, id be missing out on a great game

I would post the reviews but I am lazy, and there are not any real shockers. THe games that looked crappy got crappy scores and the games that looked good got good scores. Maybe later I will post the line-up

Yeah, stephen reviewed this game and actually gave it pretty decent marks. I haven't owned a Jurassic park game since I had the original one for my NES... I might have to look into getting this one.

xboxman_1
05-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Ya, that dude would of had to have called Imagine Media or whatever its called if he wanted his sub sped up, not MS.

Viper87227
05-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

Yeah, stephen reviewed this game and actually gave it pretty decent marks. I haven't owned a Jurassic park game since I had the original one for my NES... I might have to look into getting this one.

I dont think i have ever likes anything Jurassic Park, and i still think this game is great. And due to the fact that its like $30...its a steal. If you got a sub. to OXM...be sure to check out the demo.

Its great fun to just make a bunch of trex and a bunch or triceretops and wait till all but one has been killed off. Sort of like a dino survivor :D

PaulWall
05-29-2003, 12:29 AM
30$ is a steal, the game is alright but i do not think i am going to buy it.
And no Bretman Brute FORCE was not reivewed, i wonder why?

bretman1234
05-29-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by PaulWall
30$ is a steal, the game is alright but i do not think i am going to buy it.
And no Bretman Brute FORCE was not reivewed, i wonder why?

damn, they said in the last issue that it would be reviewed in this issue. Maybe they just didn't have time or space, but in the future guy thing, thats basically all he talked about, was the brute force review.

Big Boss
05-29-2003, 05:36 PM
i don't think oxm is that good, EGM is the best for news, info and reviews, the demo disk is the only reason i sometimes buy oxm

AlBoogy
05-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Big Boss
i don't think oxm is that good, EGM is the best for news, info and reviews, the demo disk is the only reason i sometimes buy oxm

Maybe back in the day it was. But the best place for news now is the net.

XBX_Junior_XBX
05-29-2003, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to get mine!! : P

EHWfedPres
05-30-2003, 10:22 PM
I havent gotten my mag yet (go figure) but i really want to play that jurassic park game, looks good. Who cares about reviews, I dont judge my opinion on some complete stranger retard's own opinion...i'll judge it myself.

PaulWall
05-31-2003, 03:40 PM
I don't rely on reviews either but the game is not the greatest out right now, but then again xbox does not really have any classic games out anyway.

Bigwig
06-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

Yeah I heard Gladious was TB a long time ago. This game might be nice though

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1723805&object_id=498518&channel_id=73&page_title=Gladiator%3A+Sword+of+Vengeance&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxbox%26pagetype%3Dvideo&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F498%2F498518.html

StudioAlex
06-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I havent gotten my mag yet (go figure) but i really want to play that jurassic park game, looks good. Who cares about reviews, I dont judge my opinion on some complete stranger retard's own opinion...i'll judge it myself.

True but that can cost a lot of money even if you rent all the games you're interested in first.

I just wish reviews (in all magazines and web sites) were better written. Even if I don't agree with someone's stance, I appreciate a well thought out and well written critique.