PDA

View Full Version : !!! - Im Mad - !!!

FraZz3k
12-07-2001, 10:08 PM
Ok, on the 23rd of November I placed an order for my Xbox, 3 games and extra controller on EbGames.com. They said they were going to ship on the 29th and my Xbox would come in on the 3rd. When the 3rd came around I stood outside waiting for my Xbox. When it got dark, I knew that my Xbox was'nt going to come in. I had my dad call them, and they said that they hadnt even shipped it yet because they had'nt varifyed my physical adress or credit card crap some bs like that. They told my dad that they had notifyed me by Email about this (but they didnt). My dad straightened it out with the creditcard company and with EbGames, and EbGames told me my system would come in on the 5th,6th,or 7th. All well it's the 7th, and NO xBox. I had my dad call again, and they still have'nt ****ing shipped it. I mean they did'nt even have the sense to contact me or my dad. This really Sux! I dont know if those SOB's are ever going to ship my Xbox.

Frostberg
12-07-2001, 10:19 PM
Note for Xbox2: Camp out always. Its free, you get to be in a nice environment, talk to fellow Xbox supporters (and dis other systems)...Its your only sure way, and waiting sucks....you did enough before the 15th, and you shouldnt have to do any more after that...except for games, of course

mattcoxonline
12-08-2001, 08:19 AM
tough titty - I live in Europe and it sounds like I'll get my Xbox before you!

visit Xbox | 360 - that will cheer you up!

Tempest87X
12-08-2001, 08:26 AM
Note for Xbox2: Camp out always. Its free, you get to be in a nice environment, talk to fellow Xbox supporters (and dis other systems)...Its your only sure way, and waiting sucks....you did enough before the 15th, and you shouldnt have to do any more after that...except for games, of course

I totally agree with you , thats how I got mine.:)

Snoopy7548
12-08-2001, 10:16 AM
just preorder it, its easier than camping out, and u get it faster, i preordered my xbox like in february and i got it on the 15th with 3 games and 1 controller

Frostberg
12-08-2001, 10:21 AM
sure you can do that if you preorder a long time ago, but it could always happen where there is a big problem and they can only ship like half of what they said earlier (cough PS2) and then stores wont even be able to fill their preorder list the first day. But in FraZz3ks case, you shouldnt order it without a concrete date...Eb doesnt know exactly when they will have enough, they just make good numbers to try and get more sales.

EthanQT
12-08-2001, 10:40 AM
I ordered the Xbox Bravo package from EBgames on Nov 15th, and got it on Nov 26th. I feel your pain man! Maybe they are just low in stock. You'll get yours!

Hugh_Jass
12-08-2001, 12:25 PM
Doesn't ANYBODY have an XBOX near you? I got mine at Walmart; no bundle required.

I just showed up at 12:01 a.m. on launch day and was playing at home 20 minutes later. I didn't even have to stand in line and I got my XBOX hours before anyone who pre-ordered and was forced to buy a bundle.

Xbox M.D.
12-08-2001, 01:38 PM
If your smart...and you know where to preorder, then you should have no problem. In my opinion, camping is a waste of time. I have better things to do than sit on my ass waiting for stuff that I want. It's always hard enough waiting for it come, then there's the drive to the place of purchase and then you expect me to sit in a line and wait more time for the store to prep and get ready to be bombarded by the maniacs I just sat and "chatted" with? NO!! Besides, I had no problems picking up every available item on my preorder list. I got a very nice discount, and got some free stuff to go along with it. The choice is yours, both are very risky paths to take in some ways. For instance, if you preorder from someone like EB you <b>might not</b> get anything on launch day like you should. Then again, you can camp out and wait a long ass time and still walk away empty handed. Just think logisitically about it people. Ask yourself what's the best thing for me and what option can ensure me that I'll get what I'm paying for.

Frostberg
12-08-2001, 01:46 PM
I dont think camping is risky or boring. If you go to a nice place, where you can camp indoors (walmart) and take their reclining chairs over to layaway and just have fun while you wait the time goes by fast...Walmart also gave out cards to people for their 20 XBoxes. I got there at 5:30 and got number 7 and they sold out by around 7:15. You dont wait in a line, or in an overcrowded area. The initial guy said you had to wait in layaway the whole time, but you could sneek out on layaway and go to the mcdonalds in the store or play demos and look at Xbox games and such as long as you didnt leave for more than 20minutes at a time. Then at about 11:45 they said they would sell them in the front of the store at customer service. We didnt have to wait much to get their act together or anything ready...they brought out the XBox boxes and then opened them right after midnight. I bought my Xbox at 12:11 and I was glad I camped...no risk involved and no $500 bundle to buy...but I bought 3 games and an extra controller anyway :D

Azimiza-XBA
12-08-2001, 01:54 PM
the old-fashioned way is the best way... go to the store

skoot182
12-09-2001, 04:14 PM
3 words - sux 4 u!

:(

CBR900rr
12-10-2001, 12:55 PM
I walked into my local Best Buy at 9:30 am on Nov 15th, cash in hand. I knew they didnt do preorders and would have a few hundred in stock.

Everyone in the store was buying one it seemed..was a happy day. I had to wait about 6 hours at work till I was alone to hook mine up and play it that night.

Love this lil puppy

:D